Montrose vs Dunfermline

3 minutes ago, 101 said:

Yeh perhaps he scored against Airdrie, thought something interesting had happened I guess they have decided in training to change it

Or Whighton realised he had a goal bonus clause Bene was robbing him of 

6 minutes ago, 101 said:

Yeh perhaps he scored against Airdrie, thought something interesting had happened I guess they have decided in training to change it

Aye but he missed against Airdrie with a fairly poor effort.

3 minutes ago, Heaton said:

What a volley. 

Aye it was. Mehmet had little chance from where I saw it.

On 21/03/2023 at 20:14, CallumPar said:

Kelty will win on Friday. We’ll win this 2-0 and go 12 clear.

Close enough. Had a double on this, so a bit disappointed it wasn’t quite right. But overall very happy to be 11 clear. Scoring 3 goals is decent as well, Montrose have made things tough for us this season.

For those at the game, how did we play? Going by updates, McCann seemed quite heavily involved. How were Otoo and Mahon?

We held on a bit at the end, even though it was 1-3, but they never really had any clear chances. Unsure where the ref got so much added on time from.

Absolutely excellent win though.

I was at the game today in the home end (Arbroath fan) and thought the score flattered the Pars. Montrose looked tidy enough on the ball just lacking the killer touch up front. If that chance at gone in near the end it would have made an interesting last few minutes.

Really enjoyed the game, the big difference was Dunfermline we’re ruthless up front, a sign of champions.

14 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Really enjoyed the game, the big difference was Dunfermline we’re ruthless up front, a sign of champions.

That’s quite uncharacteristic of us this season. Our success has come from our defensive solidity - 29 games played and we have the same number of clean sheets as goals conceded (17).

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Had a mini pub crawl round Montrose today.

Had a couple in The Picture House to start. Had a pint in The Market Arms then a pint in Steeplejacks (the shot menu looked incredible). Had one in Sharkeys then went back to The Picture House, but they only had 3 staff on (pubs that don't plan for busy times annoy me; I felt sorry for the three folk who were trying their best) so fucked off back to The Market Arms for a beer. Fired down to the Golf Inn for a couple (was packed but quick service) and now in the Legion beside Links for one.

Some good pubs in Montrose.

Can confirm that the shot menu at Steeplejacks is as lethal as it is varied. 

6 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

That’s quite uncharacteristic of us this season. Our success has come from our defensive solidity - 29 games played and we have the same number of clean sheets as goals conceded (17).

Interesting as I thought the only difference was Dunfermline were lightning in attack, certainly the first two goals. Mind you the defence did well against Mo’s attack so you have a good point.

Just love Chris Hamilton as a player, he was superb for us last season and we really miss a player of his quality in that role.

23 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Can confirm that the shot menu at Steeplejacks is as lethal as it is varied. 

The donut and cheesecake ones in particular looked good. The biscuit ones too actually.

If I was with someone I would have had a couple.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

Far be it from me to be presumptuous, but I think we're going to win this league, even with rubbish strikers. 

57 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Interesting as I thought the only difference was Dunfermline were lightning in attack, certainly the first two goals. Mind you the defence did well against Mo’s attack so you have a good point.

Just love Chris Hamilton as a player, he was superb for us last season and we really miss a player of his quality in that role.

To be fair, I think our attack is overlooked because of the defensive strength. We do score most weeks and rarely concede. On our day, we’re a good attacking team. Just tend to be wasteful in front of goal/lacking that killer ball at times. 

Kane Ritchie-Hosler has come onto a game lately and is lightning quick. Wasn’t at the game, but would imagine McCann in/around the box would have caused them some problems. He’s a big powerful guy. You also don’t need me to tell you what Wighton’s capable of, on his day.

Yes, Hamilton’s excellent. Had to be patient early in the season. He’s a real asset in midfield, in terms of protecting the defence. We played a back 3/5 a lot earlier in the season, so struggled to find a role for him. But we’ve looked very good in the last few months, when he’s been starting every week. Think him and Chalmers work very well as a midfield pairing. They compliment each other well.