Montrose vs Dunfermline

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Why wouldn't they? No Premiership games on, it's an international weekend and so outwith the blackout period. Good to see though, might see the Scotland game in the pub and then watch this on the laptop.

Thanks for clarifying.

34 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

Did we ever get an adequate explanation as to why this isn't being played tonight?

Wee bit first world annoyed I cant go support my club and my country if I so wish. 

Any adequate why uefa/sfa have scheduled a game whilst the far more important club game is taking place?  I get why you want to watch both live at the grounds,  but the clubs have made reasonable adaptions to at least allow you to watch both,  the far less important international sides haven't made any effort.

Club before country every single time,   it shouldn't be a concern.

29 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Any adequate why uefa/sfa have scheduled a game whilst the far more important club game is taking place?  I get why you want to watch both live at the grounds,  but the clubs have made reasonable adaptions to at least allow you to watch both,  the far less important international sides haven't made any effort.

Club before country every single time,   it shouldn't be a concern.

Ah thank f**k for that, I'm no longer concerned.

Seth Meyers Omg GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

12 teams made even more reasonable adaptations I M O

The Wattery Farts doing us a wee turn tonight. If my maths is right, we would need to win tomorrow, beat Kelty next week and hope Clyde get any result against Falkirk to be able to win the league in Grangemouth (a game we would also have to win) Wouldn’t rule it out entirely. Falkirk have clearly shat the bed. 

Would be the most funniest fucking thing ever if that happens. 

2 hours ago, Stoo61 said:

Did we ever get an adequate explanation as to why this isn't being played tonight?

Wee bit first world annoyed I cant go support my club and my country if I so wish. 

Can't mind where it was said but the club pushed for it to be tonight only for Montrose to insist it be played tomorrow. As the home club they have the final say.

1 minute ago, DAFC. said:

The Wattery Farts doing us a wee turn tonight. If my maths is right, we would need to win tomorrow, beat Kelty next week and hope Clyde get any result against Falkirk to be able to win the league in Grangemouth (a game we would also have to win) Wouldn’t rule it out entirely. Falkirk have clearly shat the bed. 

Would be the most funniest fucking thing ever if that happens. 

Season 3 Smiling GIF by The Simpsons

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Can't mind where it was said but the club pushed for it to be tonight only for Montrose to insist it be played tomorrow. As the home club they have the final say.

Probably calculating that the move isn't worth it regarding shifting hospitality I'd suspect. I'd have personally preferred tonight - don't think we've had a Friday nighter since the Elgin game that nearly got fogged off (also before a Scotland game IIRC).

2 minutes ago, Scorge said:

Probably calculating that the move isn't worth it regarding shifting hospitality I'd suspect. I'd have personally preferred tonight - don't think we've had a Friday nighter since the Elgin game that nearly got fogged off (also before a Scotland game IIRC).

I'm glad it's tomorrow as it means I can go, but also get to watch the Scotland game as well.

A win today would put us 11 clear, and would need just 10 points from a possible 21 to win the league. Hope there’s a big travelling support today. 

Falkirk fans complaining about McGlynn taking over a shambles of a team and a club, McPake took over in arguably worse conditions with Grant and Hughes turning even steady players into shells of themselves.

Last year's league wins and this season's transfers -

12 wins and 19 players in

7 wins and 9 players in

McPake frustratingly at times has said he's only bringing in quality which earlier in the year left us a bit thread bare but that's what's needed to win the league, quality additions and improving the players already at the club, something McGlynn hasn't been able to do.

We have one hand on it, a few more wins and the hard work will be rewarded.

Edited by 101
Should have put this in the WDTHR thread oh well.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Police presence at Dundee train station for Pars fans! The polis here really are clueless about football and football fans.

Sure it's not for the Scotland fans? 

Can't imagine many pars fans will be traveling through 5 hours before the match.

5 minutes ago, 101 said:

Can't imagine many pars fans will be traveling through 5 hours before the match.

I thought that but when a group of Pars fans got off the train to Dundee to wait for the train to Montrose a couple of polis all but sprinted over to them and stood beside them until they left.

22 minutes ago, 101 said:

Quite a few on the train tbf. 

Did you get on Baracus? Thought I'd seen ya. 

13 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Quite a few on the train tbf. 

Did you get on Baracus? Thought I'd seen ya. 

Aye got on at Dundee. Sitting in the pub in Montrose now.

Edited by DA Baracus

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I thought that but when a group of Pars fans got off the train to Dundee to wait for the train to Montrose a couple of polis all but sprinted over to them and stood beside them until they left.

We truly are massive.