Rise and Fall

19QOS19

Anyone give this a go tonight? 6 rulers and 9 workers. Decent first episode with folks masks slowly slipping already. Couple of truly horrible p***ks on it. Ramona being #1 Bitch the now for me and I feel really sorry for her workers in the outside world. A right horrible cow. And again a scouser on it. Whoever allows scouser and their rotten accent on tele should be strung up. 

Has potential though and can see me shouting at the tele a lot if I stick with it. 

Thought it was alright but nothing more.

Couple of them seem like they could be good TV but some of them come across as absolute wallopers that failed their Apprentice audition.

Was bugging me for ages where I had seen Jeff before before realising that he was a regular ‘expert’ on Four Rooms which Channel 4 ran for a few years.

Edited by The Naitch

8 hours ago, The Naitch said:

Thought it was alright but nothing more.

Couple of them seem like they could be good TV but some of them come across as absolute wallopers that failed their Apprentice audition.

Was bugging me for ages where I had seen Jeff before before realising that he was a regular ‘expert’ on Four Rooms which Channel 4 ran for a few years.

Aye I clocked him straight away and was taken aback by how tall he is. I'm not one for 'reality' shows but giving this a go purely because I gave The Traitors a go and loved it. It won't be anywhere near as good as that, mind you. 

I have been watching this. It isn't exactly appointment viewing, but it has some good moments. It helps that many of the contestants are almost impossible to like. 

Marina is particularly galling. I just don't understand how it is possible for an 18-year-old, with very little life experience, to have that level of confidence - or arrogance - on national TV. A particular highlight, or possibly lowlight, being when she cited being alumnus of an "all-girls private school" as a reason for her potential promotion to Ruler. It was an objectively hilarious moment. 

Cheryl is an idiot, unfortunately. That she has been so easily impressed by firstly Ramona and now Marina, despite both obviously being blowhards, is testament to that. Her voice doesn't exactly help matters, either; everything she says comes across like she is utterly raging, which she often is anyway. 

It took me almost the full first episode to work out where I recognised Sophie from. I was deeply disappointed that she didn't request a Tesco chicken curry as her luxury item. 

8 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I have been watching this. It isn't exactly appointment viewing, but it has some good moments. It helps that many of the contestants are almost impossible to like. 

Marina is particularly galling. I just don't understand how it is possible for an 18-year-old, with very little life experience, to have that level of confidence - or arrogance - on national TV. A particular highlight, or possibly lowlight, being when she cited being alumnus of an "all-girls private school" as a reason for her potential promotion to Ruler. It was an objectively hilarious moment. 

Cheryl is an idiot, unfortunately. That she has been so easily impressed by firstly Ramona and now Marina, despite both obviously being blowhards, is testament to that. Her voice doesn't exactly help matters, either; everything she says comes across like she is utterly raging, which she often is anyway. 

It took me almost the full first episode to work out where I recognised Sophie from. I was deeply disappointed that she didn't request a Tesco chicken curry as her luxury item. 

Aye sums it up. Close to giving up now that that twat Connor will be joining the top. Really needs a big twist because those arseholes are in charge now. Marina is a horrible cow, clearly came from money, snooty cow. 

Had no idea who that Sophie was until you mentioned her but had been saying early on "Tory c**t" so it didn't surprise me to read her comments. 

I'll continue to watch until they turn on the gormless scouse bitch. She thinks she's clever and she's in fact getting played like a fiddle. 

On 29/03/2023 at 18:03, The Naitch said:

Marina getting her jotters was very pleasing.

Totally lost track of this due to early shift last week. I shall be going back to that episode to see that cow's face.

Jeff is decent entertainment, but blatantly a Tory twat. Howling at his "that's not how rulers act!" or whatever it was outburst last night; mate, you're on a second-rate Channel 4 gameshow, not chairing an emergency Cobra meeting. Pipe down. 

Edited by DrewDon

This is an interesting programme like I can miss a few days and then just put it on at 22:00 and feel like I haven’t actually missed anything and know what’s going on.

Watched the past two nights if that cockney boy isn’t voted out by the grafters I’ll be shocked.

5 hours ago, Iminavest said:

'I haven't eaten dog food for these folk in charge to piss the money up the wall'

The irony totally lost on the massive ginger tory.

Aye she's a cretin. Lucky she wasn't kicked out there for stepping to that weird Brazilian guy. Good to see Jack gone, utter c**t of a boy. 

On 06/04/2023 at 16:57, Iminavest said:

'I haven't eaten dog food for these folk in charge to piss the money up the wall'

The irony totally lost on the massive ginger tory.

Not as clever as she thinks she is. Hopefully about to cave in on her here. 

1 hour ago, The Naitch said:

I knew she'd reveal her true colours the minute she got in upstairs. An absolute snake.

Absolutely. I'd like to say "not even clever with it" but how it's went to 2-2 has baffled me. The bread maker seems a decent enough guy but he's clearly a bit thick not to see what she's been doing. She surely has to go tonight though.