Coronation 6th May

22 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Buy direct. Support your club. The new coronation change kit. Available at all The Rangers stores from midnight May 5th. GSTK.

A0E75EDF-EDF6-4C88-A297-C018CB73FCDC.jpeg

Why am I not surprised, Chuck is a Burnley fan? 

I was out of the country for most of the hysterical mourning when his maw popped her royal clogs, and I'll thankfully be out of the country when he gets crowned. I can definitely live with myself by missing it all.

10 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:

I was out of the country for most of the hysterical mourning when his maw popped her royal clogs, and I'll thankfully be out of the country when he gets crowned. I can definitely live with myself by missing it all.

I was in Berlin the weekend after she died and I was delighted to be out of the country, it was just a shame I couldn’t stay longer. The UK is a very strange place at times. 

….and the Queen’s coffin is now approaching the outskirts of Dundee, just about to take a roundabout, heading South. A poignant moment. This was her most beloved roundabout in Scotland. Nothing pleased Her Majesty more than the appealing camber on that third exit, allowing for a swift and smooth acceleration towards Balmoral…. We’ll never see the like of this again. Fiona Bruce - over to you in the studio…

…More of this shite from BBC commentators in hushed and reverential tones for hour after hour after hour at Charlie’s big day out.

Just like the day of Liz Windsor’s funeral, you’ll find me on the golf course. A marginally less painful way to spend the day. Just.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

It was pretty easy to avoid all of the mourning pish when the queen died, especially since I don't watch terrestrial TV or read the 'news'.

All the advertising billboards around where I live were changed to a photo of her when she died. So it went beyond media and was truly unavoidable. I actually liked seeing how the local council had the power to replace the usual corporate propaganda on those billboards with a cultural message. Just a shame it was a shite aspect of our culture being recognised.

38 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Usually people that say that are alt-right lunatics

Alt-right lunatics don't watch terrestrial TV?

I'm not even slightly 'right leaning' incidentally.

19 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

All the advertising billboards around where I live were changed to a photo of her when she died. So it went beyond media and was truly unavoidable. I actually liked seeing how the local council had the power to replace the usual corporate propaganda on those billboards with a cultural message. Just a shame it was a shite aspect of our culture being recognised.

Thankfully there aren't any digital billboards near me. There's only a couple I can think of and I'd have to walk a bit to see them.

15 hours ago, Brian Graham’s Lovely Hair said:

I was in Berlin the weekend after she died and I was delighted to be out of the country, it was just a shame I couldn’t stay longer. The UK is a very strange place at times. 

We probably weren't too far away from each other - admittedly, I flew to Berlin then got a train down to Basel so it would only have been for a few hours. I wasn't paying much attention while in Switzerland but other than a few minutes at the start of most news programmes and the photos on the front pages of papers, that was about the extent of it. When I went back to Berlin a few days later there wasn't much coverage of it at all and it was blissful. Normal Island is a very odd place to live when you see how others not too far away from us go about the lives. 

On 21/03/2023 at 13:34, Steven W said:

As the originator of the topic, I seem to recall a rather terse "we were told about this months ago" reply.

However, it would seem, in the case of the Premiership, its as clear as mud, and may remain so until the post split fixtures are announced (probably less than a fortnight beforehand).

Surely they can announce some kind of plan (e.g. all fixtures on Friday night / all fixtures on Sunday etc etc).

(for the avoidance of doubt I couldn't care less about the whole thing but I would like to know if my team are likely to play on a Friday, a Saturday or a Sunday)

Yes this is what I was hoping for in this thread was some kind of clarity. I agree with the "we were told months ago", but that said the SPFL is notoriously slow at confirming post-split fixtures. Particularly annoying for me as I'm going to us the longer weekend to travel, so it would be nice to know if I have a chance of attending a match....

On 22/03/2023 at 09:56, pozbaird said:

….and the Queen’s coffin is now approaching the outskirts of Dundee, just about to take a roundabout, heading South. A poignant moment. This was her most beloved roundabout in Scotland. 

TBF, if it was the old classic double roundabout (RIP) or the 5-way Circle in Dundee I'd agree.

Ditto the Swallow. Lots of good ones 

On 22/03/2023 at 09:56, pozbaird said:

….and the Queen’s coffin is now approaching the outskirts of Dundee, just about to take a roundabout, heading South. A poignant moment. This was her most beloved roundabout in Scotland. Nothing pleased Her Majesty more than the appealing camber on that third exit, allowing for a swift and smooth acceleration towards Balmoral…. We’ll never see the like of this again. Fiona Bruce - over to you in the studio…

…More of this shite from BBC commentators in hushed and reverential tones for hour after hour after hour at Charlie’s big day out.

Just like the day of Liz Windsor’s funeral, you’ll find me on the golf course. A marginally less painful way to spend the day. Just.

I saw a little bit of that coverage and you could tell Martin Geissler was struggling with the inanity of it.

On 21/03/2023 at 13:34, Steven W said:

As the originator of the topic, I seem to recall a rather terse "we were told about this months ago" reply.

However, it would seem, in the case of the Premiership, its as clear as mud, and may remain so until the post split fixtures are announced (probably less than a fortnight beforehand).

Surely they can announce some kind of plan (e.g. all fixtures on Friday night / all fixtures on Sunday etc etc).

(for the avoidance of doubt I couldn't care less about the whole thing but I would like to know if my team are likely to play on a Friday, a Saturday or a Sunday)

We asked for some clarity about this a month or so back as we have a club golf day on the Sunday and it would need rearranged if games move to the Sunday. We were told at the time that the expectation was games would go ahead as planned and that was also the intention of the English FA for lower divisions at least but it was still liable to change so we couldn't be certain of it. As far as I know that remain the position though I guess they may avoid deliberately arranging Premiership fixtures to clash.

On 22/03/2023 at 09:56, FreedomFarter said:

Same, and all of the tv screens in central station had her on it too.