Coronation 6th May

5 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

I love it when one side of the OF gets on a high horse about the political/sectarian antics of the other side.  Attention seeking displays? Boak inducing pish?  You'd never get that from us!!

I get what your meaning but I wouldn't be lumping in sectarian and political beliefs together. Admittedly people use one to hide behind the other but it's nonsense really and shouldn't really be tolerated.

10 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

Ah, I see what you've done there. Irish folk are a bit thick and don't speak English correctly.

Och aye, the noo, Jimmy! Ye'll huv hud yir haggis the day.

We can make our points without slipping this shite in.

You’ve completely missed the point. It’s not aimed at Irish folk, it’s the wannabe Irish in Celtic’s support who are desperate to belong to a cause or cult I’m mocking.

A fair few of which have probably never even been there.

32 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

You’ve completely missed the point. It’s not aimed at Irish folk, it’s the wannabe Irish in Celtic’s support who are desperate to belong to a cause or cult I’m mocking.

I don't he has missed the point at all just suggesting you have gone about yours the wrong way 

32 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Good point but to be even handed you should probably include the wannabe northern Irish folkon the other side lest you be accused of bias

by now they should be singing “My father’s great, great  grandfather wore it as a youth….”

22 hours ago, Steven W said:

Any word on if football in Scotland will be impacted on 6th May when Charlie boy has his big day?

Not seen anything at all on it, but can't imagine we'll carry on regardless (although that's what I'd like to happen)

Look mate, if peoples dead corpses can be put on ice for Lizzy's extravagant tax payer's funded funeral, football can certainly be put on hold for Charlie's extravagant tax payer's funded ego trip. Don't be so anti-British.

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

No, I get that, but it was mocking how Irish folk talk rather than how Scottish Celtic fans talk. Having been a child in 1990s West Lothian, I've heard enough anti-Irish patter for a lifetime. It's not a big deal, though, and I appreciate where you were coming from. 

12 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

When it comes to this stuff Celtic fans have my full support in disrespecting and mocking this nonsense. 

No place for it in a modern society, I thought we’d moved on after the last one died. 

Just wait till Chas abdicates/pops his Oxfords, Sevco fans will be having orgasms in their union flag underwear at the thought of Wills taking over.

20 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

If you’re a royalist you’re already a fucking idiot tbf.

I'm sure some Old Firm fans aren't monarchists, but a huge number seem to be.

15 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

The irony is not lost on many on P&B how changing only one word in 25 covers you lot too. Top tip, it's not correcting 'commemorative'.

Evidence, if we ever needed it, you're 96% the same DNA.

I agree to an extent, a 'huge number' as stated above seem to seem to have similar characteristics.

13 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

When it comes to this stuff Celtic fans have my full support in disrespecting and mocking this nonsense. 

No place for it in a modern society, I thought we’d moved on after the last one died. 

And again, I agree to an extent, but would have more sympathy for some of the Celtic support if their stance over UK royalty wasn't compromised by some of their own fawning. As I've said before, these two clubs have some of the most right wing supporters and fan groups in the country.

Thread is rather hysterical.

Championship card was always on Friday night... it's the last day, and a game will be on BBC Scotland.

SPFL1 & SPFL2 have full cards on Saturday afternoon - also their last day.

There aren't any Premiership fixtures yet since it's the first matchday after the split. I expect some will go onto adjacent days... Sky are unlikely to show a game on Saturday lunchtime - clashing with Coronation itself - and may want to take advantage of additional Bank Holiday Monday.

EDIT: also a full card in East of Scotland League... Lowland League Cup Qfs... 2nd leg of Highland-Lowland playoff.

EPL currently retains a full card.

Last day in EFL with L1 finishing on Sunday and Championship + L1 on Monday.

Edited by HibeeJibee

10 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Thread is rather hysterical.

Not really when the state broadcaster announced, in January, that the bulk of fixtures in England were being moved 'to avoid a clash' with the coronation:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64332382#:~:text=The final day of the 2022-23 Championship%2C League One,the coronation will take place.

Many other publications, in print and online, indicated that Scottish football is likely to be disrupted, it appears:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/king-charles-coronation-date-confirmed-28213300    "coronation has been confirmed for Saturday 6 May and it could have implications for the Scottish football fixture card."

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/scottish-premiership-fixtures-set-disruption-25237767  "Scottish football fixtures are set to be disrupted later this season after King Charles' coronation date was confirmed."

Fans are maybe wondering if they can believe what is published in the media.

3 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Not really when the state broadcaster announced, in January, that the bulk of fixtures in England were being moved 'to avoid a clash' with the coronation:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64332382#:~:text=The final day of the 2022-23 Championship%2C League One,the coronation will take place.

Many other publications, in print and online, indicated that Scottish football is likely to be disrupted, it appears:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/king-charles-coronation-date-confirmed-28213300    "coronation has been confirmed for Saturday 6 May and it could have implications for the Scottish football fixture card."

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/scottish-premiership-fixtures-set-disruption-25237767  "Scottish football fixtures are set to be disrupted later this season after King Charles' coronation date was confirmed."

Fans are maybe wondering if they can believe what is published in the media.

Knowing the football authorities here, they will probably wait until the week before the coronation to make any announcement about the fixtures due to be played on the Saturday.

I have already booked a few days away in the highlands and plan to go hillwalking to avoid the whole circus! 

As the originator of the topic, I seem to recall a rather terse "we were told about this months ago" reply.

However, it would seem, in the case of the Premiership, its as clear as mud, and may remain so until the post split fixtures are announced (probably less than a fortnight beforehand).

Surely they can announce some kind of plan (e.g. all fixtures on Friday night / all fixtures on Sunday etc etc).

(for the avoidance of doubt I couldn't care less about the whole thing but I would like to know if my team are likely to play on a Friday, a Saturday or a Sunday)