Dundee FC vs Ayr United - 21/03/23

McMullan has been utter shite. He can have no complaints and I don't see it as Hannant ahead of him.

On Hannant's Wikipedia, he's also described as a CM.

Reckon it's our usual formation but Hannant, Cameron and McGhee as the midfield 3. Jakubiak and McCowan on the wing.

30 minutes ago, southernrover said:

I 'adopted' Ayr as my Scottish team a few years ago - Somerset Park was the first Scottish ground I ever visited - and I've come up from the English Midlands for tonight. On that basis I can't help but feel it'll be a 0-0 without a shot on target. 

The best of luck to you and your team tonight, not a hope in hell of a nil nil

In fairness, if it is as I expect, I don't hate it considering I never expected McGhee to be put back to CH or us to switch to a 3.

Quite happy with Jakubiak getting a start and McCowan or McMullan was much of a muchness for tonight considering how off the boil McMullan has went.

Hannant as a CM is a bit weird despite it saying on Wiki he plays in that position regularly. Seems a bit lightweight.

Certainly attacking enough.

McGhee/Cameron central pairing with Mulligan at RB and Byrne, Robertson, and Williamson sitting on the bench is baffling.

Fair enough if the pair of them had been playing out of their skins lately, but they've both been utterly honking for weeks.

3 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

McGhee/Cameron central pairing with Mulligan at RB and Byrne, Robertson, and Williamson sitting on the bench is baffling.

Fair enough if the pair of them had been playing out of their skins lately, but they've both been utterly honking for weeks.

Would be better putting McGhee into defence and playing 3-5=2