Dundee FC vs Ayr United - 21/03/23

45 minutes ago, Fandee said:

Not getting this obsession with byrne playing, we were 3-1 up when he came on so didn't really miss him.

Anybody know what was getting shouted every time he touched the ball , I was in the Derry and it sounded like boos or shoot , but don’t know , he must’ve touched the ball about 6 times when he came on and daughter asked me why they were booing Shaun 

47 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

Anybody know what was getting shouted every time he touched the ball , I was in the Derry and it sounded like boos or shoot , but don’t know , he must’ve touched the ball about 6 times when he came on and daughter asked me why they were booing Shaun 

I heard that as well, christ knows what it was about. Fans know best it seems.

1 hour ago, Wee jeemie said:

They were telling him to shoot any time he touched the ball.

I thought we competed well for about the first 55 minutes and the game seemed very open with both sides playing some good attacking football with Albinson in particular having to pull off a few top saves, however for the final 35 minutes there was only one team in it, Ayr seemed to sit back where Dundee showed that they wanted to win the game so it was no surprise when the second and then third went in and without a doubt Dundee thoroughly deserved their win.

Last night probably confirmed that Dundee will be the ones to push QP all the way and as for ourselves it's been a season that promised much but ultimately will no doubt end in disappointment, that said, I'd still be very happy with 3rd place (4th wouldn't be a complete disaster either) and I firmly believe that we're still more than capable of that.

7 hours ago, Fandee said:

Not getting this obsession with byrne playing, we were 3-1 up when he came on so didn't really miss him.

I think it’s because Bowyer brought in Grayson and Maguire to play in midfield when Byrne looks to be the better player. Certainly not any worse. 

Not sure why Bowyer appears to be so reluctant to play Byrne.  I’m guessing Byrne is on a decent salary and Bowyer was hoping to move him on to free up some money.  Only a guess though,  

On 21/03/2023 at 21:27, itzdrk said:

At this stage, hopefully Dundee rattle a few more in. 

In all my years supporting Ayr I’ve never hoped the opposition scored once against us let alone rattled a few more in.

Hope you can find your way to the Railway End for the next home game.

22 minutes ago, Frosty said:

In all my years supporting Ayr I’ve never hoped the opposition scored once against us let alone rattled a few more in.

Hope you can find your way to the Railway End for the next home game.

As if I'll be wasting time and money on the next home game, grow up :lol: