Dundee FC vs Ayr United - 21/03/23

2 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I’m at the stage now where I’d rather see Houston (if fit) or even Hewitt playing there. It’s absolutely chronic.

I agree he can’t play but we loaned out Finn- that shone we have fucking happened 

ETA only other thing we could maybe to is change formation but look how that turned out at the start of the season 

Edited by ryanayr1987

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

We don’t really have an alternative. Musonda will still be away and Houston is the only other one that can play there (barely) and he’s injured I presume. 

Houston is a far better option at LB than Reading is, but yeah he is also shite but now very injury prone. 

Bullen has a weird aversion to having too many forwards on at one time. He brings on Maguire but in order to do so he has to take off O’Connor who is obviously more attacking than Ashford. He then also has to bring on McKenzie who is viewed as being a more hardworking defensive player outwide. For all the goals we’ve scored he is fundamentally a very conservative manager which is why I was so surprised at the way we were lining up earlier on in the season. 

Dundee are player for player a better team than us though and they’ve been better in this half whereas we never got going after half time. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Bullen has a weird aversion to having too many forwards on at one time. He brings on Maguire but in order to do so he has to take off O’Connor who is obviously more attacking than Ashford. He then also has to bring on McKenzie who is viewed as being a more hardworking defensive player outwide. For all the goals we’ve scored he is fundamentally a very conservative manager which is why I was so surprised at the way we were lining up earlier on in the season. 

Dundee are player for player a better team than us though and they’ve been better in this half whereas we never got going after half time. 

Yeah - I honestly can’t begin to understand what McKenzie offers out wide, as an impact sub, when you need a goal. 

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

No one thought we’d be winning any title post Christmas. The club can’t very well come out and say that now. I’d expect the message to change to focusing on the playoffs in the next week or so. There’s absolutely no reason why we can’t still finish 3rd btw. 

There's a big bald reason. 

Just now, ryanayr1987 said:

I agree he can’t play but we loaned out Finn- that shone we have fucking happened 

He wasn’t playing and he was also absolutely rinsed in the Thistle game. I think it’s extremely desperate to be saying that Ecrepont would’ve made a huge difference. I’d like to see him be given a proper shot from the start next season in the way that Albinson was in earning the number one jersey. Even if to actually determine whether or not he’s good enough to have a future with us. 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Houston is a far better option at LB than Reading is, but yeah he is also shite but now very injury prone. 

I dunno if he’s far better. Did he not just play an hour of that game against Cove at left back? It’s quite possible that he would be every bit inept as Reading has been for large parts this season. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s a bizarre set of subs. In one fell swoop he’s lost our extra man in midfield and nullified our threat from out wide.

We have an extra striker on but no means of getting the ball to them that isn’t a hoof up the park.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

He wasn’t playing and he was also absolutely rinsed in the Thistle game. I think it’s extremely desperate to be saying that Ecrepont would’ve made a huge difference. I’d like to see him be given a proper shot from the start next season in the way that Albinson was in earning the number one jersey. Even if to actually determine whether or not he’s good enough to have a future with us. 

I dunno if he’s far better. Did he not just play an hour of that game against Cove at left back? It’s quite possible that he would be every bit inept as Reading has been for large parts this season. 

Would you say though that reading currently offers more? Finn is young and inexperienced but has a lot of natural ability. Also was he not played at right back in the Patrick game? 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Okay - better. I was exaggerating in the moment, having watched this Reading performance.