Dundee FC vs Ayr United - 21/03/23

While I still think playing two up top is not happening (if only because of Thomas and Tolaj likely remaining out for this and we need a striker on the bench), I do wonder whether Jakubiak should start over Robinson, as I feel he's been the more positive striker of late and Robinson will be a pain to deal with for tired defenders. Would also much rather have McCowan back in over Hannant, at least even on his off days McCowan puts in the effort.

Whatever the team looks like on Tuesday (no doubt frustratingly similar to the last team sheet most likely) there's no way Mulligan should start at RB. Still rate him highly as a prospect at CAM, but he is never a right back in a month of Sundays. Would far rather have Fisher in at RB, and stick Mulligan in at midfield instead of the injured Williamson. Wouldn't hurt to put in an actual holding midfielder (idk.... Shaun Byrne), but we know that's not happening.

My prediction is the same team as Saturday bar Williamson due to injury, and Anderson in instead.

FT 1-1

13 hours ago, Big Gus said:

It all went wrong for us this season after The Derry stopped offering up lampings in every match thread.

You're absolutely right btw.

Any Ayr fan or their fat slut of a mother wanting a sore jaw let me know please.  Will happily kick f**k out your stupid kids as well.

15 minutes ago, The Derry said:

You're absolutely right btw.

Any Ayr fan or their fat slut of a mother wanting a sore jaw let me know please.  Will happily kick f**k out your stupid kids as well.

That's cute baby

dundee.webp

3 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Better not be another shite-fest from Bowyer, like Saturday. Rapidly losing enthusiasm and interest in this season long f**k up.

Thank you.

I'm at the same stage. 

When Hannant, Cameron and McGhee come running out tomorrow it will be a test of my patience to stay in the stadium. Since McGhee has went into the middle we simply don't win games unless playing part time diddies. We all knew this long before the start of the season how poor he is in that position, yet here we are in March with the same old. 

Hannant and Cameron have been powderpuff, weak as pish water in the last few games and them starting again would be another sign of blind loyalty from Bowyer. 

The more i think of this team getting promoted the joy would soon be dashed as the contract renewals came flying in for the likes of McGhee, Ashcroft, Sweeney, Legzdins, Mashall and Kerr who would take us to another relegation. I'm starting to lean towards a complete clear out this summer and starting from scratch. Is this season really a failure of massive proportions or just another episode in these god awful footballers Dundee FC have been plagued with for years. 

Thank you. 

The problem with most of our players is that if you start them in the 11 they largely don't play well. We rely on influence from the bench coming on and making the difference. This has been the problem for most of our season. 

I think every Dundee fan knows what needs to happen but also knows exactly what will happen. We will start with 1 up front, in a game we desperately need to win. The system simply doesn't work consistently. Much better with 3-5-2 or some for of variation.

I hate being negative about Dundee but for me the title was handed to QP at the weekend there as we stumbled yet again. Win this and we are back within 4 but that has been the theme of this season 'win this and we are back within x points'.

Ayr needed a reaction to the Falkirk game and sort of got one against a dreadful Hamilton team. Bullens post match interview had a very smug, "job done" vibe to it so we will get beat. He will pick the same 11 (minus Musonda) Dundee will know that because we are that transparent and we will be shite from kick-off. 

3-0 Dundee. Ayr to have 6 shots on goal, zero on target. 

Edited by diegomarahenry

7 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Ayr needed a reaction to the Falkirk game and sort of got one against a dreadful Hamilton team. Bullens post match interview had a very smug, "job done" vibe to it so we will get beat. He will pick the same 11 (minus Musonda) Dundee will know that because we are that transparent and we will be shite from kick-off. 

3-0 Dundee. Ayr to have 6 shots on goal, zero on target. 

what changes would you make to the team? 

22 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

I'm at the same stage. 

When Hannant, Cameron and McGhee come running out tomorrow it will be a test of my patience to stay in the stadium. Since McGhee has went into the middle we simply don't win games unless playing part time diddies. We all knew this long before the start of the season how poor he is in that position, yet here we are in March with the same old. 

Hannant and Cameron have been powderpuff, weak as pish water in the last few games and them starting again would be another sign of blind loyalty from Bowyer. 

The more i think of this team getting promoted the joy would soon be dashed as the contract renewals came flying in for the likes of McGhee, Ashcroft, Sweeney, Legzdins, Mashall and Kerr who would take us to another relegation. I'm starting to lean towards a complete clear out this summer and starting from scratch. Is this season really a failure of massive proportions or just another episode in these god awful footballers Dundee FC have been plagued with for years. 

Thank you. 

Totally agree. Cameron is a tidy player technically but not physical enough. It might just be me but it looks like he's breathing out his arse by the 60ish minute mark every game?

Less said about Hannant the better. 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

what changes would you make to the team? 

Dundee will put us under pressure because of players like McMullen and McCowan, They also cause us problems with their full backs getting forward so we will probably spend a lot of time without the ball. When we do get it, we shouldn't punt it long. 

I wouldn't start with O'Conner or JML, maybe play McKenzie and Ashford to play in midfield to help protect the full backs. Unless we can keep the ball and pass it round Dundee but we have only managed that against Cove once and Hamilton once.