Edinburgh City/FC Edinburgh/Edinburgh vs. Queen of the South

2 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Sake, that's three now!  Seriously, can we play FC Embra FC every week next season ... please?

Our record against a side above us in the table is genuinely ridiculous.

Winning all 4 would be nuts enough, but the margins are crazy.

2 minutes ago, JK_Queens said:

He’s been the best player on the pitch since he came on… by a mile. 

Fair play to the guy ... best way to respond to doubters like me!

You can see the lad has some talent, just that most of the time there's no end product.

Brilliant stuff! Would have been happy with a point so to get 3 is excellent. Conceding from the only shot on target is a bit disappointing but the stats make for great reading and thankfully we put 3 chances away! 

Just now, Otis Blue said:

So, is that what ... 3 wins in our last 4?  In Marvellous Marvin we trust!

Manager of the month award incoming perchance?

And have we ever beaten the same team 5 times in one season before?  If not, who'd have thought that this gang could be history makers?

Just now, Otis Blue said:

^^^ Trouble is ... more often than not - "the poisoned chalice", n'est ce pas?

Nah we'll beat Peterhead now that their chairman has effectively said the players are shite :lol:

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Nah we'll beat Peterhead now that their chairman has effectively said the players are shite :lol:

Aye, just thinking next up are Peterhead at Palmy - we should hopefully be starting to worry Embra and Montrose now (OK Montrose have a couple of games in hand).

We were very poor in the first half, and could have been 2 or 3 down after half an hour. Edinburgh hit the post and missed a couple of good chances, with the defence looking very shaky, and Dabrowski getting himself in trouble a couple of times with poor distribution or lingering over his clearances. The second half was the complete opposite - we dominated the second 45 from start to finish, and could have scored more than the 3 we got. Cochrane and Murray both did well when they came on, but to a man we were very good all over the park in the second half. Whatever Bartley said in the dressing room at half time certainly worked.

It’s a complete mystery how FC Edinburgh are ahead of us in the table - they’re a very average side - and certainly a testament to how much we’ve under-performed against the rest of the league this year. Still think we’ve got an uphill struggle to make the play-offs, but you never know.

48 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Aye, just thinking next up are Peterhead at Palmy - we should hopefully be starting to worry Embra and Montrose now (OK Montrose have a couple of games in hand).

Still to play Montrose at Palmy, Montrose play at Edin next and Alloa play Airdrie they canny alll get points... 

10 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Still to play Montrose at Palmy, Montrose play at Edin next and Alloa play Airdrie they canny alll get points... 

It's in our hands. If we win all our games we'll reach the playoffs. I can't see that happening though, obviously. A few more wins before the end of the season and getting as high as possible will be a good end to a shite season for me. 

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Our record against a side above us in the table is genuinely ridiculous.

Winning all 4 would be nuts enough, but the margins are crazy.

Brilliant result and genuine and sustained improvement due to great coaching from Marv, good formation and strategy.  He is getting much more than WG got from this pool. Too late sadly thanks to the initial poor start this season but I’m very excited about next season now and that our patience and support for the new regime is showing through. 

42 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's in our hands. If we win all our games we'll reach the playoffs. I can't see that happening though, obviously. A few more wins before the end of the season and getting as high as possible will be a good end to a shite season for me. 

Whilst almost certainly true in reality, it's not technically true (not sure which you meant!). Airdrie and Alloa can both get the 12/13 points needed from their games even with losing to Queens and with the game against each other next week. As I say I doubt very much we'll get that, I think Alloa probably will.

I said when Bartley came in I was surprised so many Queens fans were just dismissing this season when the play-offs were entirely reachable. I think you'll probably need to win every game, so it's very unlikely now, but not impossible.