Edinburgh City/FC Edinburgh/Edinburgh vs. Queen of the South

Another difficult match.

This is the test can we reach the levels of the Falkirk game or will we be back to poor again. 

I would go with the same team and game plan Edinburgh will really be up for this they are really pushing for  the playoffs we have nothing  to play for .

2 hours ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

Piss Off

Guy goes into a pub, orders a pint of lager, drinks it, shouts "HORSEPISS" and leaves 

He repeats the action the next day and the day after.

On the 4th day he comes in and the batman clocks him. Before he can speak the batman tells him "Piss off!"

And the man replies

"In that case I'll have a pint of Guinness"

52 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Another difficult match.

This is the test can we reach the levels of the Falkirk game or will we be back to poor again. 

I would go with the same team and game plan Edinburgh will really be up for this they are really pushing for  the playoffs we have nothing  to play for .

You're like a broken record with that opening line, every post the same.

Have FCE not been trying to maintain a play-off position in every league game we've played them so far this season, surely they should have been "up" for the previous games too and we know how poor they were in them. As for us having nothing to play for, finishing as high up the division as possible should be incentive enough even if the play-offs are a long shot. 

Hopefully the win at the weekend and our good record against Edinburgh so far means we are going into this one with confidence.

Play-offs remain very unlikely (not enough games to overtake two of Alloa, Airdrie and Edinburgh IMO) but if we can build some momentum and finish as high up the league as possible hopefully that bodes well for next season. 

We need a lot of recruitment in the summer and it would be good for Bartley to be able to point at a run of results to the end of the season and let potential new signings know he has a plan, it's working and we are heading in the right direction. 

4 hours ago, DoonhamerDon said:

Hopefully the win at the weekend and our good record against Edinburgh so far means we are going into this one with confidence.

Play-offs remain very unlikely (not enough games to overtake two of Alloa, Airdrie and Edinburgh IMO) but if we can build some momentum and finish as high up the league as possible hopefully that bodes well for next season. 

We need a lot of recruitment in the summer and it would be good for Bartley to be able to point at a run of results to the end of the season and let potential new signings know he has a plan, it's working and we are heading in the right direction. 

The sad reality is that the fixtures for the playoff contenders are ideal for us if we were in any way capable of winning a lot of games ourselves. Alloa are in front the now but they don't have a great run in of games and will do well to finish 3rd (and fair play if they do). 

If we could string some wins together it's definitely doable. But we've shown nothing this season to suggest we're capable of doing such a thing :lol:

On 21/03/2023 at 16:02, 19QOS19 said:

The sad reality is that the fixtures for the playoff contenders are ideal for us if we were in any way capable of winning a lot of games ourselves. Alloa are in front the now but they don't have a great run in of games and will do well to finish 3rd (and fair play if they do). 

If we could string some wins together it's definitely doable. But we've shown nothing this season to suggest we're capable of doing such a thing :lol:

That's an interesting take. It's almost a full round of fixtures for everyone. We're on a 9 game unbeaten run at home and 4 of our 6 last games are in Alloa after an expected win against a disorganised Peterhead tomorrow. Falkirk, Montrose and Dunfermline may have nothing to play for by the time we meet them in the run-in too.

27 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

No match preview or supporters info for this on our OS yet. It appears nothing much has been happening around Palmerston since last Saturday going by their "Latest News" section. 

Looks like all the seats sold and no standing tickets available?

Can u buy standing ticket at the stadium tonight?

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

That's an interesting take. It's almost a full round of fixtures for everyone. We're on a 9 game unbeaten run at home and 4 of our 6 last games are in Alloa after an expected win against a disorganised Peterhead tomorrow. Falkirk, Montrose and Dunfermline may have nothing to play for by the time we meet them in the run-in too.

If Queens win all their remaining 7 games we'd get to 60 pts.  Obviously, that won't happen.  So if say we take maybe 12 pts out of the remaining 21 pts available to us, then we'd reach 51 pts.  Alloa currently sit on 48 pts with 21 pts left to play for.  Clearly, Alloa will take well more than 3 pts from their remaining 7 games - so there is no way that Queens will catch Alloa ... just ain't happening.  By the same token, I can't see us catching either Airdrie or Embra - possible but unlikely - especially the way the Airdrie front line is firing now.

I really hope I'm wrong.  We have improved recently under Marvin, but I can't see us winning most of the 7 remaining games.  Pigs don't fly.  I'd suggest that catching Montrose for 6th could be doable, but higher than 6th will be a stretch now.

12 minutes ago, QOSQOS said:

Tickets now available for standing area, I’ve just got one

Just went on the OS, scrolled to "Next match V FC Edinburgh,", clicked on the buy tickets button and it comes up for last weeks Falkirk game and understandably states  "No tickets available". 

34 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Just went on the OS, scrolled to "Next match V FC Edinburgh,", clicked on the buy tickets button and it comes up for last weeks Falkirk game and understandably states  "No tickets available". 

Does that link not always lead to our next home game (and last one until the next one is actually published)?

I don't know because I'm not the one who updates it but I wouldn't expect it to lead to away club links. We usually publish an away club link where appropriate in the match preview. I'm unsure why there hasn't been one for this game yet. I think it usually publishes on Friday afternoon ahead of Saturday games so it may still be published I suppose. We didn't receive any info direct from Edinburgh relating to tickets for this game but I assume it's the same arrangements as the previous one up there.

36 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Does that link not always lead to our next home game (and last one until the next one is actually published)?

I don't know because I'm not the one who updates it but I wouldn't expect it to lead to away club links. We usually publish an away club link where appropriate in the match preview. I'm unsure why there hasn't been one for this game yet. I think it usually publishes on Friday afternoon ahead of Saturday games so it may still be published I suppose. We didn't receive any info direct from Edinburgh relating to tickets for this game but I assume it's the same arrangements as the previous one up there.

Thanks, it just that it's got a ticket purchase button on the "next match" section. You're probably correct about that purchase option being for home games only. Doesn't matter in the end up, change of plans probably means I'd be struggling to make for the start anyway.