πŸ”΅πŸ”΄ Inverness vs Partick Thistle πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘ Friday night football

1 minute ago, Tattie36 said:

100 Partick fans, 200 behind the home goal end, 300 in the main stand and 300 below the camera so probably more like 900 max. What’s the purpose of obviously inflating attendances? To make it look like Inverness folk give a f**k about ICT? Do you honest think that ground was 1/3rd full tonight?

I’ll take that as a β€˜no’ then.

4 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

600 x 3 = 1800

FAIL πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰

You’re boring everyone on here, brother. Fuck off to the Falkirk thread with your crowd arse-fingering.

3 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

shaw.jpg

How very prescient of you. In the face of a tough start and premature criticism, I too have picked out young Nathan as a very promising player.

I hope you'll agree with me that his contribution was very significant tonight and although your team was on the losing side of his winner, perhaps you can share in some of his joy in making the difference.

1 minute ago, scottbamby said:

I hope Brian Graham has a weekend as awful as his first touch.

Grade A w****r.

To be fair to him (I know I shouldn't and I'm sorry) he did applaud Mark's fingertip save. I think I recall Pele doing the same, perhaps it was involving Gordon Banks.

I'm now sorry again as I've realised that I've moved into an area of a fundamental inappropriateness.

Β 

7 minutes ago, virginton said:

That and to keep pretending to your accountant that the club is a going concern.Β 

We are a going concern in the sense that we are once again going to Hampden, which must be of concern to fans of favela outfits like Morton

A much needed win and thanks to Ridgers we managed to get there in the end, though it was a poor game I felt we were the better team overall, Tiffoney thankfully was off his game as was Graham and both seemed to be out of position for most of the game which affected PT's structure, Bannigan I thought was their Mom but other than some good play they as a whole didn't offer much.

Watched the tape this morning and felt the red card was way out of order, however I checked the SFA criteria and found the following, a red card is issued for 1-The player is guilty of serious foul playΒ  2 - Is guilty of violent conduct and 3 - Spitting at an opponent.

So the ref's interpretation can only be of 'Serious Foul Play' as Welsh makes no attempt to take the ball which is obviously out of his reach, but a red for a trip is way ott, and anyway PT could not take advantage our being a player down.

Dodds in his post match interview as usual trotted out the injuries excuse but added that other teams have had the same issue, he also came up with a new one that referees also have been hard on us. I have never heard any other manager in all these years complain about referees?

Cue Sophia and A.D. in defence of Dodds.

Β 

Β 

9 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Dodds in his post match interview as usual trotted out the injuries excuse but added that other teams have had the same issue, he also came up with a new one that referees also have been hard on us. I have never heard any other manager in all these years complain about referees?

Cue Sophia and A.D. in defence of Dodds.

You're going to have to help me with that sentence Sandy. It reads as a prima facie world record for incoherence but I could be wrong.

Β 

That was a pretty satisfying game, we were probably the better team until the red card although Partick had great chances. The goal was excellent play from Henderson and a good run from Shaw, although I think it was probably an own goal. I actually thought we looked a bit shaky at the back in the first half but it was a good backs to the wall show in the second. We didn’t adapt that well to the red card but given we’d already had to reshuffle due to Devine’s injury in the warm up that’s maybe understandable. Didn’t think it was a red card but hopefully Welsh pulls the jersey next time, much safer.

I thought Hyde had a decent game considering he came in so late and eas in a pretty unfamiliar role. He’s often asked to fill in which must be challenging for a young player. Carson also did well with the odd lapse. Allardice was probably the pick of the midfielders and up until it went full Alamo Shaw and Henderson had good games. Shaw is developing into a real player, something to be said for having guys who look so awkward and unathletic that everyone underestimates them.

4 hours ago, approximately dave said:

Really useful win last night, are we in for another late season run?

Β 

Hopefully, we’re capable but haven’t shown consistency since we won 5 in a row around October, even if we did find some consistency the play-off spots are reliant on other teams chucking it.

75K per position in the league I believe and a potential cup final, rinse the season for all it’s worth financially going into next year as we aren’t going up this time.

Yeah. It’s not happening. Would take a wild set of results imo. Including us winning probably 6 of our last 7.

An utter failure of a season and one that will see Billy Dodds, hopefully, lose his job.