🔵🔴 Inverness vs Partick Thistle 🔴🟡 Friday night football

The return to the classic Friday night fixture. The BBC seem to be totally obsessed with this fixture, but it clears the Saturday for the Scotland game this time at least. 

Doolan has made a pretty good start with us, unbeaten in six and five clean sheets. Hoping we have Milne back for this one. 

2 minutes ago, ptfc. 22 said:

Inverness have only won 3 league games at home this season. You know what that means... 

That we will have still only won 3 league games at home this season by this time next week?

1 hour ago, ptfc. 22 said:

Inverness have only won 3 league games at home this season. You know what that means... 

We've only won 4 league games since we beat you earlier in the season at TCS. A shambolic record.

14 hours ago, approximately dave said:

How many of our own fans will be secretly wishing another heavy defeat for us by Partick just so Dodds doesn't get a contract for next season?

Always a sad state of affairs when it gets to this point.  Really puts you off the fitba.

42 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Always a sad state of affairs when it gets to this point.  Really puts you off the fitba.

The Scottish Cup run has papered over the cracks massively. If QP hadn’t made an arse of the registration for the SC game I reckon the atmosphere/feeling towards Dodds would be a whole lot worse 

2 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

The Scottish Cup run has papered over the cracks massively. If QP hadn’t made an arse of the registration for the SC game I reckon the atmosphere/feeling towards Dodds would be a whole lot worse 

If not for the Scottish cup reprieve, surely Dodds would already have his jotters?

46 minutes ago, scottbamby said:

If not for the Scottish cup reprieve, surely Dodds would already have his jotters?

I honestly don’t think so, we went from Mid-December to March last year without a win and he didn’t get sacked.
Taking the whole injuries situation into account, which I’m sure the board would do in any discussions of this sort. Then it’s more than likely he’d still be in a job imo. We’re absolutely skint and we wouldn’t be paying him off and doubt we could afford to pay him and another manager simultaneously. 

5 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

What are the chances of this being a 3 figure crowd? Can't see many jags fans making the journey

Understandably so.  Friday night games should involve as short a distance as possible between the teams.  But then, the league has never really cared about the fans.   They’re just a cash cow.

25 minutes ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

To be fair, Partick did ask for this game to be moved to Friday.

We did. But given the balshy response from ict and the fact it's now on the TV before we add in the fact that a significant number of thistle fans will be at Hampden on the Saturday 

I've been thinking about this for a while but Dodds now seems very wedded to the 4-2-3-1 - we looked a lot better with three proper central midfielders in the team against Kilmarnock but I've been thinking for a while I'd like to see how we'd play in a proper 4-3-3.  Something like this - 

Ridgers

Duffy Devine Deas Harper

Carson Welsh Allardice

Henderson Mckay Samuels

I think Henderson and Mckay have to start when fit now but it would give us some flexibility - Carson could probably play in front three along with at right-back and central midfield.  Harper could probably switch roles like that too.  MacGregor could play in the middle or forward three so probably could Shaw.  You could even have the front three interchanging.

14 hours ago, jaggyness said:

We did. But given the balshy response from ict and the fact it's now on the TV before we add in the fact that a significant number of thistle fans will be at Hampden on the Saturday 

There’s only one Thistle going to Hampden this year.

18 hours ago, approximately dave said:

I've never known anything like it with ICT.

Fed up with toxic people.

I'll agree with you, in 18 years on this forum I have never seen such animosity against the manager, just goes to show what two bad seasons will produce.

Why were Graham and Tiffoney subbed against Dundee almost at the same time? injuries or was the Dundee defence shutting them down?