A View From The Terrace - Episode 14

Back again on BBC Scotland this evening at 10:30pm, Telfer, Rob, Fowler and Amy will be talking up the teams that have impressed them the most and discuss the Semi Final draw for the Scottish Cup. Taking inspiration from the Spanish King's League, we also look at ways the Scottish Game could be improved.

Collating their very own Scottish Football Mixtape from the world of social media, the panel then discuss which games and locations would be best to visit this weekend in Jobberography. Rounding things off with The Banker, the panel make their weekend predictions.

We also explore the extensive collection of an avid Scotland fan, look back on Gretna's rise through the leagues and reminisce with Dundee United fans on their 1994 Scottish Cup victory over Rangers. 

DSCF4498.jpg

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Hearts-tastic again tonight, replacing Sked with Borthwith and Fowler returning. You are aware that there are fans of other clubs doing podcasts?

It’s the BBC in Scotland. 

They still employ many of the old dinosaurs on radio. Same ones for decades. 

They have found a semi successful format for a younger audience. 

I’d not expect a great deal of change now unfortunately.

Instead stick on some decent vinyl and relive the ‘80s

”Bring on the dancing girls!”

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

Oh dear, I seem to have upset Telfer as he has red-dotted my post. 

In all seriousness Craig, why are there so many Hearts fans on your "panel"?

Perhaps there is a weird ritual of scarf twirling in the green room pre and post show.

Then again perhaps they don’t call it a green room.

Just now, Francesc Fabregas said:

Because the main team behind the Terrace Podcast are Heart of Midlothian supporters. You don't just "get a shot" because you run a podcast of your own.

Time to move on.

I'm not involved in any podcast so have no dog on this fight.

9 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Because the main team behind the Terrace Podcast are Heart of Midlothian supporters. You don't just "get a shot" because you run a podcast of your own.

Time to move on.

Are all the ‘new’ people who’ve been on the TV show from the Terrace podcast?

Just wondered as I don’t listen to podcasts.

Anyway, I’m sure the show was a belter. I’ll catch it later on iplayer.

10 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Hearts-tastic again tonight, replacing Sked with Borthwith and Fowler returning. You are aware that there are fans of other clubs doing podcasts?

Steady on, we have all had to put up with a 'St Mirren fan' hosting Scottish football for decades.

Besides I'm sure AVFTT will even this out by having a closing segment about 1986.

I really enjoyed the Gretna/Brooks Mileson section. An interesting story. Looking forward to part two.

I wonder what happened to all those Gretna fans? Do they still follow the reformed Gretna2008 team?

4 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

I really enjoyed the Gretna/Brooks Mileson section. An interesting story. Looking forward to part two.

I wonder what happened to all those Gretna fans? Do they still follow the reformed Gretna2008 team?

Most probably went down the road to Carlisle.

10 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

No, emphatically no. Pretty sure they struggle to break crowds of 200 now.

9 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Telfers face as Rob and Fowler said they fancy Falkirk against ICT in the cup semi was just so pleasing. Hope the Navy Blue Gods do the business on 29th April to inflict more pain 😁

Inverness will do the business. 

Enjoyed the show and have no concerns about the balance of presenters. Glad to see Callum Gallagher's goal and looking forward to the second bit on Gretna's fall back to financial reality. Always wonder why Craig misses out the bankers failed predictions? Liked the Dundee United look back. 

49 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Always wonder why Craig misses out the bankers failed predictions?

Purely for time! Every second is a prisoner and even going through something as straightforward as the previous week's failed picks would mean a point gets cut from elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Purely for time! Every second is a prisoner and even going through something as straightforward as the previous week's failed picks would mean a point gets cut from elsewhere.

That's understandable indeed, and I like the P/B prediction game as well. Thoroughly enjoy the shows .  Cheers 

Loved the Gretna bit, they gave us a few tanking's, but had 3 or 4 great away days here with Carlise sesh's.  One highlight when we actually beat them, however they then went onto sign our goal scorer that day, Bryan Gilfillan.  Another time squad of St Mirren guys turned after their game got called off.          

On 18/03/2023 at 07:56, Scary Bear said:

Are all the ‘new’ people who’ve been on the TV show from the Terrace podcast?

Just wondered as I don’t listen to podcasts.

Anyway, I’m sure the show was a belter. I’ll catch it later on iplayer.

Amy is on the podcast quite a lot, also depends what other "new" folk you mean. Tony is on the podcast always has been.

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Amy is on the podcast quite a lot, also depends what other "new" folk you mean. Tony is on the podcast always has been.

I’m not sure of names - St Johnstone boy, Motherwell boy, Partick Thistle boy.

14 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I’m not sure of names - St Johnstone boy, Motherwell boy, Partick Thistle boy.

Motherwell boy has always been on the podcasts, that's oor Graeme. I am not sure but I don't think the St Johnstone guy has been on them and I always assumed the BBC made them use the Thistle comedian guy.