Aberdeen v Heart of Midlothian 18/3/23

36 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Think they are different, if similar posters. Pretty sure Vincent lives in the UK whereas JTS was a sex tourist in Malaysia 

Vince has previously mentioned that he lives in England and travels up to see Hearts.

Long journey home from pittodrie, if that's the case.........

We were excellent there. Robson got the team selection spot on. Duk is a sensation. Shinnie just completely ran over the top of Hearts. Pollock continues to impress. Pleasing to see us matching up physically and winning so many of those individual battles too. 

I have been sceptical about Robson being appointed permanently, and I know such moves don't usually work. But... it's increasingly difficult to justify not giving him an extended spell in the role when you have performances and results like that. The players are clearly enjoying playing for him too. I am not always the best judge when it comes to appointing Aberdeen managers, but I am increasingly warming to him. 

All that said, I couldn't believe how sluggish Hearts were in the middle of the park. As good as we were at times, Snodgrass looked like he could barely move and that "Kio" looked like he had been plucked straight from one of the Levein banter teams. 

I know it was only 3 as opposed to 5, but the gap in the teams was as wide today as it was at Tynecastle in January

Hearts were lamentably bad & were blitzed by the Dons in the first half.

Second half was just game management.

And incidentally, any notion Shankland should be in the Scotland squad should be laughed at. Loudly. 
Penalty man & that’s about it. 

Edited by Thenorthernlight

6 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

We were excellent there. Robson got the team selection spot on. Duk is a sensation. Shinnie just completely ran over the top of Hearts. Pollock continues to impress. Pleasing to see us matching up physically and winning so many of those individual battles too. 

I have been sceptical about Robson being appointed permanently, and I know such moves don't usually work. But... it's increasingly difficult to justify not giving him an extended spell in the role when you have performances and results like that. The players are clearly enjoying playing for him too. I am not always the best judge when it comes to appointing Aberdeen managers, but I am increasingly warming to him. 

All that said, I couldn't believe how sluggish Hearts were in the middle of the park. As good as we were at times, Snodgrass looked like he could barely move and that "Kio" looked like he had been plucked straight from one of the Levein banter teams. 

I’d still be wary of handing him a long-term contract yet. 
I’d also be wary of bringing someone else in right now & trying to implement a potentially different style when we’ve built up momentum.

Keep him in charge & see how we go until May & re-assess? 

3 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I’d still be wary of handing him a long-term contract yet. 
I’d also be wary of bringing someone else in right now & trying to implement a potentially different style when we’ve built up momentum.

Keep him in charge & see how we go until May & re-assess? 

Yeah, I'm not advocating handing him a five-year deal or anything just yet, but I would be very reticent to change anything right now. He has definitely done enough to earn at least a little while longer, whether that is until the end of this season or not. It would be a complete kick in the balls if we appointed someone else now, they came in and we regressed. 

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Really not a fan of how we took the foot off the throat but would have done unspeakable things for a 3-0 win prior to kick off.

To be fair, it’s virtually impossible to play with the aggression, pressing & intensity that we did in the first half for a full 90.

The one minor criticism is that we don’t have the midfield options on the bench when the starting 3 start tiring after 60-70 minutes. 

1 minute ago, DrewDon said:

Yeah, I'm not advocating handing him a five-year deal or anything just yet, but I would be very reticent to change anything right now. He has definitely done enough to earn at least a little while longer, whether that is until the end of this season or not. It would be a complete kick in the balls if we appointed someone else now, they came in and we regressed. 

Agree totally 👍 

2 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

To be fair, it’s virtually impossible to play with the aggression, pressing & intensity that we did in the first half for a full 90.

The one minor criticism is that we don’t have the midfield options on the bench when the starting 3 start tiring after 60-70 minutes. 

True, but everyone could see Duk was done at the 70th minute. Senseless to keep him on.