Aberdeen v Heart of Midlothian 18/3/23

21 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

What happened? I said I didn't think much of him a few months ago and a few Jambo's told me he was brilliant?

When he's on his game he's brilliant, when he's not, it's genuinely like playing with a man short. There doesn't appear to be any middle ground with Barrie Mckay.

I think Neilson plays him hoping that it will be one of his rare 'on his game' days, but those days are getting fewer and further between.

8 hours ago, Mr. X said:

When he's on his game he's brilliant, when he's not, it's genuinely like playing with a man short. There doesn't appear to be any middle ground with Barrie Mckay.

I think Neilson plays him hoping that it will be one of his rare 'on his game' days, but those days are getting fewer and further between.

It's the longest exercise in trying to play someone into form in recorded history. Neilson also seemed determined to do this with Kio a while back.

Amazing the chances he gives the ones he's keen on, while basically writing off every youth product at the club.

3 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

It's the longest exercise in trying to play someone into form in recorded history. Neilson also seemed determined to do this with Kio a while back.

Amazing the chances he gives the ones he's keen on, while basically writing off every youth product at the club.

Spot on 

On 20/03/2023 at 11:23, Unleash The Nade said:

Absolute shocker of a display on Saturday with no one getting pass marks.

With any starting line up including Barry McKay, you’re a man down straight away .

Sick and fed up if the excuses many fans make for him being a “ flair player” or can “ play killer passes no one else can see”

He’s a heap of fucking pish and a total shitebag 

Interesting to hear. He’s never been one I’ve rated highly but with all the praise he’s had in the last couple of years then I thought I might be missing something. He’s obviously a player capable of producing good moments but he always struck me as having little end product and seemed to flatter to deceive.

Talk of him being in Scotland squads was particularly baffling.

5 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Interesting to hear. He’s never been one I’ve rated highly but with all the praise he’s had in the last couple of years then I thought I might be missing something. He’s obviously a player capable of producing good moments but he always struck me as having little end product and seemed to flatter to deceive.

Talk of him being in Scotland squads was particularly baffling.

There's a middle ground here. Unleash the Nade's opinion is not an uncommon one, but it's not the only one held among our support.

Some folk think he's amazing, but I'd say the majority are in the middle ground of sometimes he's really good, but often he isn't. Which is why he plays for Hearts and not somebody better.

22 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Find it remarkable how i could substitute Graham Carey and Callum Davidson in for Barrie McKay and Robbie Neilson, and it would still be accurate.

Wonder if its just a generational thing (in terms of coaches coming through) where they have the mindset you have players you trust and you stick by them endlessly? Both managers also wedded to a back 3 shape. Both managers seem to struggle to create anything long term. Both managers seem to struggle to keep fans onside as they value scrappy wins highly.

9 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

There's a middle ground here. Unleash the Nade's opinion is not an uncommon one, but it's not the only one held among our support.

Some folk think he's amazing, but I'd say the majority are in the middle ground of sometimes he's really good, but often he isn't. Which is why he plays for Hearts and not somebody better.

I'd agree with this. On his day he's very good and you wonder how he's ended up at us. Then you see the performances he's dished up the last month and you know why. I'd also question his attitude when the going gets tough.

However to say he's no end product is inaccurate, he's created lots of goals, scored a few and also created plenty chances that we've not converted which isn't his fault. 

Also mentioned chat of him being in Scotland squads was baffling above, however given he was actually in a Scotland squad it's obviously not that far fetched!

I'd drop him and have him coming off the bench for a bit, try and regain a bit of confidence and drive.

Reminds me of Niall mcginn. If you watched his bad games he’d drive you absolutely mad. But the moments he could deliver were amazing. So much quality. 

Much like McKay I suspect, if he did it every week he’d have been absolutely nowhere near Aberdeen. 

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Reminds me of Niall mcginn. If you watched his bad games he’d drive you absolutely mad. But the moments he could deliver were amazing. So much quality. 

Much like McKay I suspect, if he did it every week he’d have been absolutely nowhere near Aberdeen. 

Behave.

I was harsh on McGinn but he was far more consistent than McKay!