Aberdeen v Heart of Midlothian 18/3/23

7 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

That's actually underhanded compliment.

Far better to be disliked than be irrelevant and ignored.

I also dislike Hibs and Aberdeen. 🤗

Aww thanks. Xx

Decent performance yesterday but im still looking down the league rather than up. Lose to the fermers and we're back in the mix for bottom six. Third would be quite nice i suppose but i might die laughing. 

17 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

No sure I'm saying what you think I am tbh. I've not bought into any narrative. I never expected 3rd, but I'm basing it on the fact we did get the results required and were 3rd and miles clear that it was literally in our hands to chuck.

If Aberdeen were 10 and 9 ahead of Hearts and Hibs you'd think it was yours to lose as well, I don't even get what the argument about that is tbh.

I am shocked you don't like us 😊

I didn’t argue that hearts were in a strong position, not once. I just said the fact hearts fans clearly thought it was all over made the manner of yesterdays win very pleasing. You then just seeked to justify thinking 3rd was wrapped up. 

13 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

That's actually underhanded compliment.

Far better to be disliked than be irrelevant and ignored.

I also dislike Hibs and Aberdeen. 🤗

Of course. As a competitive rivalry, hearts and Aberdeen is good fun. I love beating you and getting beat 5-0 off you was painful. 

For all the bluster about who’s bigger, we’re just similar sized clubs with similar levels of success, similar glass ceiling and both have the potential of being relegated if we get it wrong. Of course, some clubs fulfil their potential more than others. 

14 hours ago, kingjoey said:

What an enjoyable game. We dominated from the kick off and a tad disappointed that we weren't able to add to the three first half goals. Shinnie was magnificent today and controlled the match. Looking back on what Hearts fans were saying pre-match, they must be delighted that Shankland and Snodgrass were fit to start. I had to move my seat today and was sitting right next to the Hearts support. Amazed to hear a group of them chanting "Robbie, Robbie get tae f*ck" in the first half, and of the ones left after the full-time whistle they were telling any players coming over to applaud them to f*ck off. These people are a damned sight more fickle than our mob.

I find that a bit hard to believe, myself. However, the only Dons fan I know is me, so maybe not a great comparitor.

13 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Quite amusing looking back at Hearts fans saying that not only were they going to walk away with third after their "European adventure" and their injury problems, but they would be challenging Rangers. They presently sit 5 points nearer Dundee United in bottom than Rangers in second. 

Their hubris has come back to bite them on the bum, big time, although they'll still finish third.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Their hubris has come back to bite them on the bum, big time, although they'll still finish third.

In that scenario, their confidence will ultimately prove to have been well-placed.

2 hours ago, gazelle83 said:

Watching today just made me angry. As I said previously, hearts best player is an aberdeen reject. We should not be behind this lot in the league.

Our run over the turn of the year should never have happened with this group of players. I’m genuinely baffled that it was allowed to happen. 

3rd may be a step too far but I’ll think we’ll run Hibs and Hearts close. Nine games to go but that most likely includes three games vs the cheeks and going away to Tynecastle. First and foremost, we need to be aiming for maximum points from the next three games and securing top six before game 33 against you know who. If we can buck the away form trend and win in Perth and Dingwall it’ll put us in a good position. 

44 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

Shankland is nowhere near the diets best player. Also, he wouldn’t get a game for the Dons.

Shankland and diets do not belong in the same sentence, he is so fucking fat - what the hell is going on with Hearts’ conditioning team?

23 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Shankland and diets do not belong in the same sentence, he is so fucking fat - what the hell is going on with Hearts’ conditioning team?

I think it's the white top tbh, quite a few of our players look chunky in it but they aren't. 

This was him yesterday, I don't think he looks particularly heavy here. And it's not something I've seen anyone say about him before.

Screenshot_20230319_142942_Chrome.jpg

3 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I think it's the white top tbh, quite a few of our players look chunky in it but they aren't. 

This was him yesterday, I don't think he looks particularly heavy here. And it's not something I've seen anyone say about him before.

He's massive but I don't know if he's fat or overly bulked.

It looked like he was running through treacle.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

He's massive but I don't know if he's fat or overly bulked.

It looked like he was running through treacle.

I think it might be the latter.

Agree, he looked very slow yesterday, not like him at all. I mean he's not fast, but he's normally sharp. Maybe not 100% fit, or maybe just lost a bit sharpness after missing the last few but was disappointing. 

1 hour ago, lubo_blaha said:

Our run over the turn of the year should never have happened with this group of players. I’m genuinely baffled that it was allowed to happen. 

Goodwin lost the dressing room over the two games at home to the uglies in my opinion. He essentially told them they weren't good enough to compete with Celtic at home and despite battering 'rangers' for an hour at Pittodrie, inexplicably handed them the initiative rather than making them work for it. I reckon from then on the players chucked it for him. 

58 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Mark Yardley thinks that's an embarrassing shape to be in

7 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I feel obliged to challenge your pettiness here. The twelfth goal you’re referring to is irrelevant to a discussion on goal difference. 

I feel obliged to uphold my pettiness as it was the most important goal in the said bad week.