Aberdeen v Heart of Midlothian 18/3/23

14 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Anyway, after that brief moment of schadenfreude, I still think there’s too much to do to finish 3rd but it’s nice to be in the conversation at least. 

After Jim’s ‘terrible week’ I really thought the season was over but for avoiding getting sucked into a relegation scrap. 

You're four points out of third with nine matches left. Not exactly an insurmountable task, especially with another head-to-head vs. Hearts.

2 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

You're four points out of third with nine matches left. Not exactly an insurmountable task, especially with another head-to-head vs. Hearts.

It’s not impossible but given the goal difference the gap is effectively 5 points. It is absolutely hearts to throw away. 

We could still relatively easily finish bottom 6 if we keep up our away record and record against the OF in the next few games. Add in that post split we’d need to go to tynecastle and likely win, which is about as common as hearts winning at pittodrie. 

Hearts will most likely get this over the line. 

I think our home form will carry us over the line but it'll be very tight. Winnable games before the split and Aberdeen still have Rangers to play which is a much harder fixture than anything we have left. Even one of our away games is at Easter Road which we'll maybe not win but we won't be as passive as we have in other fixtures outside Tynecastle.

After the split we'll have Hibs and Aberdeen at home, which will effectively be must win games for them both seeing as they also have to play Celtic, Rangers and each other.

It's far closer than it should be, and if we finish 4th I think Neilson could be in trouble, but I think he'll get us limping over the line and then give it the big one.

11 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

It's far closer than it should be, and if we finish 4th I think Neilson could be in trouble, but I think he'll get us limping over the line and then give it the big one.

With respect, language like this makes yesterday so much fun. Hearts fans had themselves absolutely convinced they should be finishing 3rd at a canter after doing it once. 

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

With respect, language like this makes yesterday so much fun. Hearts fans had themselves absolutely convinced they should be finishing 3rd at a canter after doing it once. 

Some fans did, lots haven't. I think you've fell into the trap of thinking a handful of posters on the windup are representative of the whole support though. They disappear after games like this and will be back after out next win, same as always.

In general we've been confident of 3rd for a while which I don't exactly think is unreasonable given how the season has panned out.

There's no doubt it shouldn't be this close though. We hung in when playing twice a week and had injuries, that was Hibs and Aberdeen's chance to put us to the sword but it didnt happen and we then pulled away after the WC break. 

Since then we've had a really bad month coupled with you and Hibs getting your act together to close the gap. We should have pretty much wrapped it up already given the lead we had at one point. 

We are so difficult to watch outside Tynecastle, so if we do get 3rd it'll be because of what we do there as I can't see the away form changing much at all.

Seems like on this occasion Aberdeen had a particularly good opening 30 minutes, but Hearts are so depressingly predictable under Neilson. Particularly away from home. 

To be honest, it's all a bit boring.

28 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Some fans did, lots haven't. I think you've fell into the trap of thinking a handful of posters on the windup are representative of the whole support though. They disappear after games like this and will be back after out next win, same as always.

In general we've been confident of 3rd for a while which I don't exactly think is unreasonable given how the season has panned out.

There's no doubt it shouldn't be this close though. We hung in when playing twice a week and had injuries, that was Hibs and Aberdeen's chance to put us to the sword but it didnt happen and we then pulled away after the WC break. 

Since then we've had a really bad month coupled with you and Hibs getting your act together to close the gap. We should have pretty much wrapped it up already given the lead we had at one point. 

We are so difficult to watch outside Tynecastle, so if we do get 3rd it'll be because of what we do there as I can't see the away form changing much at all.

Not at all. I remember the likes of elixir saying hearts would never be caught again back in September 2015 before we came to tynecastle and slapped you 3-1.

Youre not full of the same bluster clearly but you’ve used all the language again in that post. You see 3rd as hearts’ to throw away. From the minute you overtook us post World Cup you thought that was you. 

I mean, there is some justification for it and you will likely finish 3rd anyway, because we collapsed for a couple of months, but it does make it enjoyable to have given hearts such a comprehensive doing in that context. 

26 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Not at all. I remember the likes of elixir saying hearts would never be caught again back in September 2015 before we came to tynecastle and slapped you 3-1.

Youre not full of the same bluster clearly but you’ve used all the language again in that post. You see 3rd as hearts’ to throw away. From the minute you overtook us post World Cup you thought that was you. 

I mean, there is some justification for it and you will likely finish 3rd anyway, because we collapsed for a couple of months, but it does make it enjoyable to have given hearts such a comprehensive doing in that context. 

We were 10 points clear of you and 9 clear of Hibs at one point not too long ago I'm sure, I think it was ours to throw away. Not sure that's remotely contentious tbh. Nor arrogant to expect to see out a lead that size when we had actually been in good form. 

25 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

We were 10 points clear of you and 9 clear of Hibs at one point not too long ago I'm sure, I think it was ours to throw away. Not sure that's remotely contentious tbh. Nor arrogant to expect to see out a lead that size when we had actually been in good form. 

I mean, I’m saying that this is funnier because hearts thought 3rd was theirs and you’re just responding by saying but it WAS OURS, kind of proving the point. 

I remember listening to a terrace episode pre World Cup when hearts were behind us and Craig fowler saying hearts were the third best team and it wasn’t even close. Again, that may not necessarily be wrong in the long run, but that’s the narrative that’s built up and you’ve bought into it too. 

Im going to shock you and tell you I don’t particularly like hearts. So when we give them a skelping, particularly in that context, it’s lots of fun. 

Hehe! Love it! Nice to see some sheep, some timothy’s, some currants and various other minuscule club’s supporters all having a go at hearts!! Ram it the lot of you. We’ll still get third and we’ll do it without even playing well or having a manager who has any idea what he’s doing. Jealousy will get you lot precisely nowhere bar festering under whatever rock you all crawled out from. You’ve got the bigot brothers joining forces here and some diddy teams from the backward provincial hinterland that is most of Scotland?! Like we give two flucks what petty, warped inanities dribble out of your tiny minds!  

15 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I mean, I’m saying that this is funnier because hearts thought 3rd was theirs and you’re just responding by saying but it WAS OURS, kind of proving the point. 

I remember listening to a terrace episode pre World Cup when hearts were behind us and Craig fowler saying hearts were the third best team and it wasn’t even close. Again, that may not necessarily be wrong in the long run, but that’s the narrative that’s built up and you’ve bought into it too. 

Im going to shock you and tell you I don’t particularly like hearts. So when we give them a skelping, particularly in that context, it’s lots of fun. 

No sure I'm saying what you think I am tbh. I've not bought into any narrative. I never expected 3rd, but I'm basing it on the fact we did get the results required and were 3rd and miles clear that it was literally in our hands to chuck.

If Aberdeen were 10 and 9 ahead of Hearts and Hibs you'd think it was yours to lose as well, I don't even get what the argument about that is tbh.

I am shocked you don't like us 😊

17 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Im going to shock you and tell you I don’t particularly like hearts.  

That's actually underhanded compliment.

Far better to be disliked than be irrelevant and ignored.

I also dislike Hibs and Aberdeen. 🤗

2 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

That's actually underhanded compliment.

Far better to be disliked than be irrelevant and ignored.

I also dislike Hibs and Aberdeen. 🤗

However, I’ll chime in with I have always hated Hearts, even in amongst their numerous relegations to the lower leagues.

I think it was that horrible wee h*n rat Alex MacDonald that started it.