Aberdeen v Heart of Midlothian 18/3/23

Quite amusing looking back at Hearts fans saying that not only were they going to walk away with third after their "European adventure" and their injury problems, but they would be challenging Rangers. They presently sit 5 points nearer Dundee United in bottom than Rangers in second. 

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Quite amusing looking back at Hearts fans saying that not only were they going to walk away with third after their "European adventure" and their injury problems, but they would be challenging Rangers. They presently sit 5 points nearer Dundee United in bottom than Rangers in second. 

After our last euro game we were in 7th place. I don't think anyone had Rangers in their sights, certainly no one sane.

4 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Hope the Tory Hearts had a good day in our fair city 

They probably had a good day if they got out of dodge without a sore face tbf

79AA91A9-1A99-4BE8-9168-93E9F3257EAA.jpeg

Saving this for the next time hearts fans cry about being called diets. 

3 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Fucking weirdos. Hopefully someone set fire to their flag and gave them a chasing. 

Imagine having to actually order that. To physically go out your way to "design" it and ask other folk for money towards it, it's not like it's a spur of the moment purchase .

Just now, Tony Wonder said:

Fucking weirdos. Hopefully someone set fire to their flag and gave them a chasing. 

Imagine having to actually order that. To physically go out your way to "design" it and ask other folk for money towards it, it's not like it's a spur of the moment purchase .

Aye fair play min 

I know a couple of Jambos IRL and they hate that shite 

Just now, Frank Grimes said:

Aye fair play min 

I know a couple of Jambos IRL and they hate that shite 

Honestly, you'll get some Hearts fans that still buy into that UJ shite, but it's genuinely the minority. But to trot about supporting the Tories as if they don't view every football fan with utter disdain is fucking weird.

Wee boy on the far left looks about 20. If he supports the Tories it's via brainwashing. Or he's thick as f**k. Both could be true.

10 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Honestly, you'll get some Hearts fans that still buy into that UJ shite, but it's genuinely the minority. But to trot about supporting the Tories as if they don't view every football fan with utter disdain is fucking weird.

Wee boy on the far left looks about 20. If he supports the Tories it's via brainwashing. Or he's thick as f**k. Both could be true.

I remember in past days coming across some Aberdeen ‘casuals’ through friends of friends. Some young guys involved and one of the things that struck me most is there was a lot of young lads who had been raised on ‘casuals’ being a thing and just enjoyed being part of something and feeling like they belonged. 

I think the stuff here is broadly similar, some older guys with archaic attitudes and young, slightly insecure guys who just want to feel like they belong to something going along with it. Football is pretty bad for that unfortunately. 

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I remember in past days coming across some Aberdeen ‘casuals’ through friends of friends. Some young guys involved and one of the things that struck me most is there was a lot of young lads who had been raised on ‘casuals’ being a thing and just enjoyed being part of something and feeling like they belonged. 

I think the stuff here is broadly similar, some older guys with archaic attitudes and young, slightly insecure guys who just want to feel like they belong to something going along with it. Football is pretty bad for that unfortunately. 

Yeah completely agree. It's almost a form of grooming. Sad older c***s who can't bear to admit they've wasted huge chunks of their own life, so take on the younger team, who themselves are often maybe looking for somewhere to belong or be recognised, to convince them it's a great laugh.

Having been going to games since I was very young, you recognise the same faces passing this shite on,  who ironically used to be the younger ones being exposed to it themselves. 

4 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Am I right in thinking you've been pretty good at home all season, it's your away form that is pish?

A bit like Hearts really but with a negative goals difference.

Pretty much. Though our goal difference was reasonable/at worst competitive versus Hearts and Hibs until Goodwin’s ‘one bad week’.

We conceded eleven goals during said bad week and have a current goal difference twelve behind Hearts and five behind Hibs.

Home table we are third (level with Hearts), away table we are ninth (Hearts are sixth - taking me completely by surprise, St Johnstone are two points clear in third).

10 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Agree. 
That’s when muscular injuries happen. 
He was breathing out his hoop. 
A bit understandable we were reluctant to make subs though, as the drop off from the starting X1 to the subs is quite significant. 

To be fair, Watkins did alright when he came on. 

7 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

They must've made that to try annoy people and get a rise, still hope they got leathered up and down the street.

8 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Having seen how well Hibs played yesterday with 10 and Aberdeen horsing Hearts I think the third spot could be really tight which is absolutely nuts given how terrible you two have been at times this this season. Is the automatic European spot still on the go for next season I can't remember.

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Having seen how well Hibs played yesterday with 10 and Aberdeen horsing Hearts I think the third spot could be really tight which is absolutely nuts given how terrible you two have been at times this this season. Is the automatic European spot still on the go for next season I can't remember.

Hearts will almost certainly still be third, but you're right about how embarrassing both us and Hibs have been at times. If Caley win the Scottish Cup they will be guaranteed a minimum of group stages in the Europa Conference League.

8 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I think @VincentGuerin spent many an hour informing us how hearts were going to put their foot on the accelerator and speed away from us after their memorable European runs.

I haven't had the opportunity to look at the match thread properly but I wonder what his thoughts are this morning? 

37 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I think @VincentGuerin spent many an hour informing us how hearts were going to put their foot on the accelerator and speed away from us after their memorable European runs.

I haven't had the opportunity to look at the match thread properly but I wonder what his thoughts are this morning? 

He is strangely absent

Maybe he does have some self awareness to know he was talking pish .... again

I feel that it’s some nice karma the Hearts contingent have some squeaky bum time heading towards the end of the season after the bravado on display here a month or so ago. Talk of strolling to third place and the like.

They may well still get 3rd, but I hope it’s as uncomfortable as possible if they do.