Aberdeen v Heart of Midlothian 18/3/23

5 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

A43EEE23-37EB-4E28-BA89-50AFF5431675.png

The result isn't good. This is worse, to be honest.

Who would have thought that getting beat 3-0 by Aberdeen wasn't going to be the most embarrassing Hearts related pish today...

Edited by Mr. X

Anyway, after that brief moment of schadenfreude, I still think there’s too much to do to finish 3rd but it’s nice to be in the conversation at least. 

After Jim’s ‘terrible week’ I really thought the season was over but for avoiding getting sucked into a relegation scrap. 

19 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

People tell me hearts are now untouchable in this league and are looking up at the OF. Not sure what to tell them. 

The third farce are certainly looking up to the New Old Firm

27 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

That's the one. I couldn't remember the third amigo. 

I was thinking of his previous banned account. JTS98 or some such pish. 

Think they are different, if similar posters. Pretty sure Vincent lives in the UK whereas JTS was a sex tourist in Malaysia 

I said after we beat Dundee United a few weeks ago that if we kept playing the way we were, the shite performances would start producing shite results. I thought our recent wins were completely down to isolated moments of quality or luck rather than any kind of pattern of play and I wanted us to be proactive and change the clearly flawed system which routinely sees us completely overrun in midfield. I'm not claiming to be a clairvoyant here - it was just extremely fucking obvious.

I don't particularly rate Neilson but I at least thought of him as someone who generally takes the pragmatic approach. There was nothing pragmatic about lining up with a slow midfield two against a three today at a venue we usually struggle at and in a game where a point would have been a decent result. I know he's stubborn but it's bizarre to see him keep doing the same mental tactics week after week.

There should be enough points in the available fixtures for us to take third but I've got very little faith in Neilson getting us there at the moment and both Hibs and Aberdeen have got their acts together. Hopefully this is a wake-up call because there's definitely no coming back for him if he chucks this.