Airdrie v Peterhead - Saturday 18.03.2023

9 minutes ago, Fast_Action said:

It won't be more competitive.  Really, it won't.  

The last two games against Clyde haven't been easy to be fair. As much as Clyde aren't great, they at least have a few willing runners and a couple of players who can cause problems. We never had to get out of first gear today, it was the least competitive Airdrie win I've ever seen. It's a while away yet but based on today I fancy Clyde to not lose to Peterhead in the next game between them and finish 9th, even if that is just delaying the inevitable for a few weeks.

Another Saturday another rodgering gave out to a very poor side  ,   to be honest I thought the way Kelt y Hearts played last week was as poor as you would see,   Peterhead who are normally hard to beat, think back to the draw in November, we're despatched clinically by a very confident Airdrie side who look streets ahead of this league on days like this,     We have proved we can blow most opposition away at home,  IMO we were 10 minutes away from blowing Dunfermline away before the red card and shitting the bed...  even Falkirk we were well on top for about 25 mins,  before they schooled us second half....

looking at the playoff race it will be tight, T he point Edinburgh got at Dunfermline could be crucial,   us and Allo a are in good form and meet in a fortnight.     I still think we need a 'signature ' win to get us over the line,  could Dunfermline win the league at Airdrie (results depending of course)

1 hour ago, Fast_Action said:

It won't be more competitive.  Really, it won't.  

Let's hope so. It was quite a stuffy , narrow win in the first game there so I'm always cautious. Clyde do seem able to score in games from what I've seen on you tube highlights and I went crazy this week in being optimistic. 

4 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

If Peterhead don’t gut that squad they could be in trouble next season. As poor a team as I’ve seen in League One and the Highland League beckons if big changes aren’t made.

That Peterhead side are probably the worst side I’ve ever seen at New Broomfield. The pits. Special shout-out to Onyinsan for being a particular diddy. Sending money on him is criminal. 

On 18/03/2023 at 15:50, Mr November said:

Big Oyinsan’s dive :lol: 

Didn’t even realise at the time that the build up for the fourth goal all started from this but very funny seeing it back, especially when you consider how raging he was with the linesman at half time. Fair play to him. 

I enjoyed McCabe very audibly shouting “MOVE THE BALL” when Fordyce dares to consider his options for a second too long.

You only beat what is put in front of you but during  your passing it did not appear once did one of our players even attempt a tackle. Our No25 is allegedly a defensive midfielder but is the worst player i have seen in one of our shirts, he is a big lad but runs around like a primary school player and mainly only gets a touch of the ball if it happens to hit him 😮  

25 minutes ago, peternapper said:

You only beat what is put in front of you but during  your passing it did not appear once did one of our players even attempt a tackle. Our No25 is allegedly a defensive midfielder but is the worst player i have seen in one of our shirts, he is a big lad but runs around like a primary school player and mainly only gets a touch of the ball if it happens to hit him 😮  

I noticed that too, I said it on Saturday but we never had to get out of first gear. It’s a great goal but as you say, not one player attempts to win the ball back. I agree on 25, in  a team of bad players he stood out as being particularly poor, he looked like a competition winner. I thought Shanks was by far Peterhead’s best player, anything remotely decent came from him. I’d be moving up back up front and hoping he can produce some magic but even that won’t be enough based on Saturday.

5 hours ago, Mr November said:

Didn’t even realise at the time that the build up for the fourth goal all started from this but very funny seeing it back, especially when you consider how raging he was with the linesman at half time. Fair play to him. 

I enjoyed McCabe very audibly shouting “MOVE THE BALL” when Fordyce dares to consider his options for a second too long.

Not sure what I enjoyed most in that video the dive, @AndyDD laugh, or the goal itself.

54 minutes ago, Mr November said:

I noticed that too, I said it on Saturday but we never had to get out of first gear. It’s a great goal but as you say, not one player attempts to win the ball back. I agree on 25, in  a team of bad players he stood out as being particularly poor, he looked like a competition winner. I thought Shanks was by far Peterhead’s best player, anything remotely decent came from him. I’d be moving up back up front and hoping he can produce some magic but even that won’t be enough based on Saturday.

Agree Shanks has worked tirelessly since joining but is a striker, we have had some very strange selections under the new manager, made a comment elsewhere asking if our No2 was doing the filming as he just stood and watched at times, he did look half decent when he joined but seems to have lost interest. Out of the Jan signings he would possibly be the only one i might have kept for league 2 next season provided he pulled his finger out.

On 18/03/2023 at 17:30, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

If Peterhead don’t gut that squad they could be in trouble next season. As poor a team as I’ve seen in League One and the Highland League beckons if big changes aren’t made.

The gut has started with the manager gone. Things can only get better.