What's the worst thing you've ever done?

Sorry for going dark here, but an ex work colleague got drunk during a fancy dress fun day when he should have been working. I was the Duty Manager & told him to go to the canteen to calm down, I didn't offer to give him a lift home even though it would have been no problem & he was struck & killed by a car while walking along the road home.

If I wasn't so annoyed with him for upsetting the shift plan, he might still be alive now. I failed badly that day & it has haunted me ever since, I hate myself for it.

10 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Sorry for going dark here, but an ex work colleague got drunk during a fancy dress fun day when he should have been working. I was the Duty Manager & told him to go to the canteen to calm down, I didn't offer to give him a lift home even though it would have been no problem & he was struck & killed by a car while walking along the road home.

If I wasn't so annoyed with him for upsetting the shift plan, he might still be alive now. I failed badly that day & it has haunted me ever since, I hate myself for it.

That was in absolutely no way your fault. Don't blame yourself for that.

I once stole a police hat out a police car, then broke into the local swimming pool via a dodgy fire door which opened when kicked. Then went skinny dipping, and jumped off the high dale with the police hat on. I also pissed in the pool. An act of evil.

28 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Thanks Richey, I always will though, I should have helped but I didn't.

That must have been a very horrible and traumatic experience.

I know it's easier said than done, but you don't deserve to be haunted by this because you are not responsible.

You had no way of knowing what would happen. Nothing you did or didn't do caused that to happen. You didn't compell this person to drink when they should have been working. You were not driving the car that killed them. You are not responsible for other people's actions.

Don't torture yourself with what if's and thinking if you had done x or y this situation would have been avoided. This wasn't your mistake.

30 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

That must have been a very horrible and traumatic experience.

I know it's easier said than done, but you don't deserve to be haunted by this because you are not responsible.

You had no way of knowing what would happen. Nothing you did or didn't do caused that to happen. You didn't compell this person to drink when they should have been working. You were not driving the car that killed them. You are not responsible for other people's actions.

Don't torture yourself with what if's and thinking if you had done x or y this situation would have been avoided. This wasn't your mistake.

What you have said makes perfect sense, but still. Thanks  for helping.

13 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

You provided cushy jobs for all the brain dead slobs, dont beat yourself up my good man

And you also helped @CHIEF WIGGUMout of a jam

I also used shave production costs by cutting corners and using cheap shoddy materials in places where they would not show.

Not the worst thing I've ever done, but the worst/mankiest I'm willing to admit to on a public forum.

When I was wee I had a toilet phobia. I know this is common for kids, but I'm autistic, and it's not the typical 'scared of the noise' phobia I'm talking about, it's the actual act of going to the loo. I used to hud it in to the point whereby i'd end up running to the loo before I shat my breeks, or I'd end up chronically constipated.

Anyway. Holiday in a Scottish seaside resort that I will not name because it's entirely likely the proprietors are still alive and will track me down and kill me. Upsets to routine, including being away from home, tended to exacerbate the toileting issue. I'd been hudding it in for days, shat my breeks, and in sheer blind panic hid them in the flip-up seating that is usually used for storing bedding etc in static caravans. Intended to deal with the issue as soon as the responsible adults were otherwise occupied, but the chance never arose and we got in the car and went home the next day.

So a big 'sorry' to the poor cleaner, or next holidaying family who had the misfortune to discover my shite-filled green corduroys and blue Y-fronts. 

I was once born from a person who would go on to vote Margaret Thatcher into power in 1979. I've struggled to live with the shame ever since, and I can't apologise enough. Please don't banhammer me.

I'm pretty sure the other one went on to vote for whatever grift Nigel Farage was peddling at the time, which might actually be worse.