Irish Shame vs Irish Roots

17 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Star Wars is utter guff. 

^^^Unpopular opinions thread for this pish. 

Utter guff it is. Watched the whole series with my wife recently and she said it’s the worst thing she’s ever seen. And she’s seen Grease 2.

17 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Nah, it's shite. 

George Lucas is a hack who got lucky. 

The 2000's films prove that, they are hummin'. 

In fact while we’re ranting. I’d like to point out that the Star Wars series is where bad actors go to make lots of money. Hamill, Fisher, Alec Guinness (a miserable actor whose whole career was redeemed by the brilliant writing of Le Carré), Harrison Ford, Adam Driver, Daisy whatserface and - on the cusp - Ewan McGregor. 

Oh and Liam fucking Neeson. I’ll be in trouble from the locals if anyone finds out I’ve posted this, but he’s maybe the worst of the lot.

And another fucking thing. When Phantom Menace came out and grown men were complaining that Jar Jar Binks made the whole thing too childish.

Too childish. The movie series about a battle between goodies and baddies, lacking any sense of nuance, waving laser swords and saving teddy bears on made up planets.

1 minute ago, The Other Foot said:

In fact while we’re ranting. I’d like to point out that the Star Wars series is where bad actors go to make lots of money. Hamill, Fisher, Alec Guinness (a miserable actor whose whole career was redeemed by the brilliant writing of Le Carré), Harrison Ford, Adam Driver, Daisy whatserface and - on the cusp - Ewan McGregor. 

Oh and Liam fucking Neeson. I’ll be in trouble from the locals if anyone finds out I’ve posted this, but he’s maybe the worst of the lot.

Not having Sir Alec Guinness but yes, others have made a career out of being very lucky in that Franchise.

2 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

Giving Hayden Christensen his break is arguably the franchise's greatest crime. 

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:

Not having Sir Alec Guinness but yes, others have made a career out of being very lucky in that Franchise.

He was shite in Dr Zhivago, he was shite in Star Wars, he didn’t need to act in River Kwai and don’t get me started on his impersonation of an Arab prince in Lawrence (which was otherwise fantastic).

His one good role was Smiley, and even then it could have been someone else.

7 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Well done sir

5 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

Thank you , but when does the action of the tenners get mentioned ?

Alec Guinness - John McEnroe

1 minute ago, The Other Foot said:

He was shite in Dr Zhivago, he was shite in Star Wars, he didn’t need to act in River Kwai and don’t get me started on his impersonation of an Arab prince in Lawrence (which was otherwise fantastic).

2 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

Tunes of Glory , Our Man in Havana