Irish Shame vs Irish Roots

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

There both at it in a way by holding on to each other (admittedly CCV more than Youan) but when if it's deemed dangerous play like high feet then it becomes irrelevant like an elbow would be. Personally I would be a bit annoyed if that was my players second yellow but not incredulous like Hibs have been. They have gone a bit Neil Lennon about it for me.

Incredulous? Not me, I am clear eyed about yesterday.

On the 2nd yellow, its a bit minterrrific to claim high feet when the "offence" took place as they were both in mid air and closer to the ground mid grapple. It was a free kick (could have gone either way) and no more than that. 

Re the decisions we are pissed off about - (a) the first yellow was debatable, (b) the second yellow was dead wrong, (c) McLean didnt actually give Hibs the pen for a shirt pull, VAR corrected him, (d) Mclean gave a pen against Marshall from 30 yards away, again without any consideration - only for VAR to sort it.

Its pretty easy as a Celtic fan post match to go "aye, Mclean was shite" or "but hes a Rangers fan" when almost all his shite decisions went against the opposition....................

Edited by Leith Green

6 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Incredulous? Not me, I am clear eyed about yesterday.

On the 2nd yellow, its a bit minterrrific to claim high feet when the "offence" took place as they were both in mid air and closer to the ground mid grapple. It was a free kick (could have gone either way) and no more than that. 

Re the decisions we are pissed off about - (a) the first yellow was debatable, (b) the second yellow was dead wrong, (c) McLean didnt actually give Hibs the pen for a shirt pull, VAR corrected him, (d) Mclean gave a pen against Marshall from 30 yards away, again without any consideration - only for VAR to sort it.

Its pretty easy as a Celtic fan post match to go "aye, Mclean was shite" or "but hes a Rangers fan" when almost all his shite decisions went against the opposition....................

VAR Can't really get involved in yellows though? And if your moaning about VAR correcting a decision then perhaps this is all getting a bit tedious. The incredulous bit was more to do with Hibs going to the powers higher about it which generally Celtic get laughed at for doing the same in the past over incidents that aren't exactly stonewall and rightly so.

6 minutes ago, gannonball said:

VAR Can't really get involved in yellows though? And if your moaning about VAR correcting a decision then perhaps this is all getting a bit tedious. The incredulous bit was more to do with Hibs going to the powers higher about it which generally Celtic get laughed at for doing the same in the past over incidents that aren't exactly stonewall and rightly so.

Tbf you can see why hibs went mental, it wasnt one booking of youan the ref fucked, it was both, 

Maybe VAR rules need changed in that a second yellow can be reviewed by VAR, yellows can be wiped as we seen with the penalty rescinding, so why cant second yellows if the ref feels he was too quick to judge etc 

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Also, (e) Hanlon got booked for the pen on CCV, Starfelt didnt get booked for the pull on Hanlons jersey for our pen.

But, yes - Hibs fans are paranoid.................

If the shoe is on the other foot then that’s exactly the accusation lobbied and the majority of you would pile on. It can’t be one rule for us and a different one for you.

Ultimately the ref had a howler yesterday which would have been worse if not for VAR but only he can explain why he decided to give that 2nd yellow. The majority of Celtic fans are also a bit bemused by it.

The CCV I can only assume it was because he was preventing a possible goal scoring chance whereas the Starfelt one the player was running away from goal to the ball but I’m making a rather large assumption here.

I’m surprised to see someone complain about the first yellow however it seemed a bit of a naughty one but I only saw that one in real time 

Edited by Jinky67

59 minutes ago, bennett said:

Another celtic match thread resembling Rorkes drift as the celtic fans fight off waves of criticism. 

We seem to be getting an easy ride these days. 

It’s the ref being criticised not Celtic, we don’t have any control over those. Maybe you could give some tips? 😉

1 hour ago, 54_and_counting said:

Tbf you can see why hibs went mental, it wasnt one booking of youan the ref fucked, it was both, 

Maybe VAR rules need changed in that a second yellow can be reviewed by VAR, yellows can be wiped as we seen with the penalty rescinding, so why cant second yellows if the ref feels he was too quick to judge etc 

The 1st tackle, imo, was def a yellow, and it was the assistant, who was a yard away, that gave the nod to the ref that it was a yellow. 

Edited by Drew Brees

12 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

The 1st tackle, imo, was def a yellow, and it was the assistant, who was a yard away, that gave the nod to the ref that it was a yellow. 

If that's a yellow when he jumps in front of the player and nicks him then the motherwell sending off yesterday is a stonewaller for throwing his arm behind him

Imo neither were along with youan second yellow card, 3 fouls but only that 

12 hours ago, HibsFan said:

It is the problem.

Technology opens the door to re-refereeing football matches with decisions that are totally subjective.

The laws of the game are not black and white, technology does not fix this and never could. It absolutely is the problem because it cannot stop poor decisions, because what constitutes a poor decision?

5 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

Couldn’t disagree more.

The technology allows referees to re-review every decision and look for reasons to change them, if you’re a referee and you hear someone in your ear suggesting something, you’ve already got that bias in your head that they are correct so when you go and check you’re going to make the decision.

And don’t get me started on the delays and the life it sucks out of every single goal.

The technology is the issue more than anything, I can deal with refereeing mistakes, the issue I have is what it’s done to ruin the spectacle, you’ll notice I didn’t even mention Youans red card in my post despite it being completely the wrong decision, we’ve benefitted from plenty dodgy reds this season and it’s probably fair we had one given the other way, that’s how football has always worked and it was so much better for it.

VAR hasn't made decisions any worse than they already were IMO. What it has done is brought greater focus on just how corrupt our game ultimately is. I don't agree that VAR is the main issue, the issue is and always has been the people running our game and it will continue to be the main issue even when VAR is scrapped.