Irish Shame vs Irish Roots

28 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

However, when a ref favours Rangers in important decisions the only explanation is that he's a rabid h*n.

So in summary when decisions go in your favour the other fans are unhappy and claim bias or cheating. Not exactly a way of thinking exclusive to our fans judging by this thread, 

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Go on Ben lad. 

Thing is, it's all very well for the SFA to "apologise" for the ref errors v Ross County and Dundee Utd.......but those errors cost us points that could be worth a small fortune.

And when you see decisions like McLean's today, you can understand why BK has said that the SPFL and SFA run the game up here for the benefit of 2 clubs only.

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

So in summary when decisions go in your favour the other fans are unhappy and claim bias or cheating. Not exactly a way of thinking exclusive to our fans judging by this thread, 

That would be a valid point if we were in a situation where it went for you one week and against you the next.

9 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

That would be a valid point if we were in a situation where it went for you one week and against you the next.

There are lots of decisions that don’t go our way or are overturned like today and we also get some in our favour like today.

49 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Maybe someone should be asking Ben about this, maybe then he’d earn a fraction of the £300k per annum he’s taking out of the clubs pocket.

image.thumb.png.4842c9e0745f38149aa37a6c9fb9c779.png

People talk about VAR like it's the technology itself that's the problem. It quite clearly isn't.

1 hour ago, StellarHibee said:

People talk about VAR like it's the technology itself that's the problem. It quite clearly isn't.

It is the problem.

Technology opens the door to re-refereeing football matches with decisions that are totally subjective.

The laws of the game are not black and white, technology does not fix this and never could. It absolutely is the problem because it cannot stop poor decisions, because what constitutes a poor decision?

Us not really being at the races and Hibs being so organised with 10 men made the game quite an enjoyable spectacle yesterday. I get why both could be seen as yellows so not too sure why Hibs are losing their shit over this. Starfelt is a moron for pulling shirts with VAR on the go and he really needs to iron this sort of stuff out but I doubt he will. Good to see Oh get another goal and think he potentially could be even better than GG was.

6 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Nope. Just the one that poses with fans in the Rangers pub.

Aye, because it’s just the one ref that is accused of bias by Celtic fans right enough 😂

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Us not really being at the races and Hibs being so organised with 10 men made the game quite an enjoyable spectacle yesterday. I get why both could be seen as yellows so not too sure why Hibs are losing their shit over this. Starfelt is a moron for pulling shirts with VAR on the go and he really needs to iron this sort of stuff out but I doubt he will. Good to see Oh get another goal and think he potentially could be even better than GG was.

If you think that second yellow for Youan was justified then there’s no hope for you. He gets manhandled to the ground and Carter Vickers is near enough on the deck when Youan tries to get the ball. Never a yellow card.

5 minutes ago, Zing. said:

If you think that second yellow for Youan was justified then there’s no hope for you. He gets manhandled to the ground and Carter Vickers is near enough on the deck when Youan tries to get the ball. Never a yellow card.

There both at it in a way by holding on to each other (admittedly CCV more than Youan) but when if it's deemed dangerous play like high feet then it becomes irrelevant like an elbow would be. Personally I would be a bit annoyed if that was my players second yellow but not incredulous like Hibs have been. They have gone a bit Neil Lennon about it for me.

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

There both at it in a way by holding on to each other (admittedly CCV more than Youan) but when if it's deemed dangerous play like high feet then it becomes irrelevant like an elbow would be. Personally I would be a bit annoyed if that was my players second yellow but not incredulous like Hibs have been. They have gone a bit Neil Lennon about it for me.

How can it be high feet when Carter Vickers is the one stooping so low for the ball (having fouled Youan in the first place). Do you think Kyogo gets a second yellow for that? Of course not. He’d have been given the foul immediately when he was tossed to the ground.

4 minutes ago, Zing. said:

How can it be high feet when Carter Vickers is the one stooping so low for the ball (having fouled Youan in the first place). Do you think Kyogo gets a second yellow for that? Of course not. He’d have been given the foul immediately when he was tossed to the ground.

Ignoring your paranoia I find generally smaller players get more fouls and away with fouls so you may be right albeit in a roundabout way.

8 hours ago, StellarHibee said:

Couldn’t disagree more.

The technology allows referees to re-review every decision and look for reasons to change them, if you’re a referee and you hear someone in your ear suggesting something, you’ve already got that bias in your head that they are correct so when you go and check you’re going to make the decision.

And don’t get me started on the delays and the life it sucks out of every single goal.

The technology is the issue more than anything, I can deal with refereeing mistakes, the issue I have is what it’s done to ruin the spectacle, you’ll notice I didn’t even mention Youans red card in my post despite it being completely the wrong decision, we’ve benefitted from plenty dodgy reds this season and it’s probably fair we had one given the other way, that’s how football has always worked and it was so much better for it.