Irish Shame vs Irish Roots

1 hour ago, Crawford Bridge said:

It's a shame this fixture couldn't have been played today. 

I was working next  to St Pats the other week, as you know its where Hibs were born, big Irish catholic community in the Cowgate back in the 19th century.

I imagine the refs were all Masons even then..................

https://www.stpatricksparish.co.uk/the-church

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

I was working next  to St Pats the other week, as you know its where Hibs were born, big Irish catholic community in the Cowgate back in the 19th century.

I imagine the refs were all Masons even then..................

https://www.stpatricksparish.co.uk/the-church

I passed St. Patrick's every day when I lived on Guthrie Street.

It's a fascinating church with a unique history. 

Edited by Crawford Bridge

Ange Postecoglou has provided a Celtic injury update after a number of his players were not selected for international duty this week.

Defender Greg Taylor was not named in the Scotland squad with Steve Clarke detailing that the full-back had been playing through the pain barrier at Parkhead.

Cameron Carter-Vickers was also left out for the USA and interim boss Anthony Hudson explained that a knee problem meant he was not selected.

Postecoglou has now offered an injury update on his squad ahead of tomorrow's Premiership clash against Hibernian, as he ruled out Aaron Mooy and Tomoki Iwata.

He said: “Aaron Mooy will miss out, he has been a bit sore the last couple of weeks and probably won’t be able to get up for this weekend. And Tomoki Iwata got a bit of a back strain and couldn’t train.

“At a push, both could have played but with a two-week break, we have decided to leave them out.

“But Daizen Maeda is back and Carl Starfelt, who went off at half-time (against Hearts), is fine as well.”

22 hours ago, StellarHibee said:

Millions of oppressed Palestinians waiting for the brave knights of Parkhead to step up their rescue efforts.

The Basque Country too are hoping a comfortable win for 'Celtic' and a banner from the Green Brigade wil seal them their freedom.

Slán gu foill!

Great thread title btw!

Edited by Crùbag

6 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Where and when James Connolly was born.

5 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Ange Postecoglou has provided a Celtic injury update after a number of his players were not selected for international duty this week.

Defender Greg Taylor was not named in the Scotland squad with Steve Clarke detailing that the full-back had been playing through the pain barrier at Parkhead.

Cameron Carter-Vickers was also left out for the USA and interim boss Anthony Hudson explained that a knee problem meant he was not selected.

Postecoglou has now offered an injury update on his squad ahead of tomorrow's Premiership clash against Hibernian, as he ruled out Aaron Mooy and Tomoki Iwata.

He said: “Aaron Mooy will miss out, he has been a bit sore the last couple of weeks and probably won’t be able to get up for this weekend. And Tomoki Iwata got a bit of a back strain and couldn’t train.

“At a push, both could have played but with a two-week break, we have decided to leave them out.

“But Daizen Maeda is back and Carl Starfelt, who went off at half-time (against Hearts), is fine as well.”

He also said both CCV and Taylor will play tomorrow.

In all seriousness, there’s no getting around the fact that this will be a Smelltic win today. There have been Hibs teams capable of winning against them, and Hibs teams flukey enough to win against them, but this current side is neither. Goal difference mitigation is the order of the day

41 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

In all seriousness, there’s no getting around the fact that this will be a Smelltic win today. There have been Hibs teams capable of winning against them, and Hibs teams flukey enough to win against them, but this current side is neither. Goal difference mitigation is the order of the day

I dont disagree, but it concerns me that LJ seems to think that we should "match up" with Celtic and Rangers - hes done it a few times now instead of playing one up and flooding the midfield.

Obviously he doesnt want to be seen to be "chucking in the towel" from the off, but if we are open then Celtic will destroy us (again).