Kilmarnock 0 v St. Johnstone. The meh derby.

18 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

That was obviously a nonsense of a decision - it isn't even a foul, never mind a booking for Watson.

I do like the guy in the replies suggesting it should be a straight red for Mitchell though. For what exactly? Mitchell plays a bouncing ball and the players collide after the ball is gone. No foul by either. The ref completely lost the plot towards the end of the game yesterday.

Agree with every word Radford said about VAR as well - crap system operated by idiots which is ruining the matchday experience for match going fans, who will have to foot the bill. 

27 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

This was the worst of them all for me. I cannot possibly fathom where the yellow card for Watson comes from. 

About a minute later, the referee gave Killie a foul for what looked to be a foul on the Saint player. 

Complete incompetence.

To me that Mitchell tackle isnt a foul in either direction, tbh.

Do like Mitchells reaction to the booking though, seems convinced hes gotten his second yellow initially.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Do like Mitchells reaction to the booking though, seems convinced hes gotten his second yellow initially.

Agreed. Good strong tackle which should’ve resulted in a throw-in.

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Would agree with this - no wonder Mitchell had the reaction he did. At first, was certain the ref was giving Mitchell a second yellow and only twigged that Watson had been booked when the goalie took the ball and lined up the free kick. VAR in Scotland isn't working because it's been rushed through and our officials are either not experienced enough at using VAR or are not good enough in general. Add to that, it's also elevating officials into the Championship who should probably be a level or two below that just to make up the numbers because the refs who would previously have officiated in the Championship are now in VAR rooms up and down the country, so fans in that league are also bemoaning poor decisions. If we were so insistent on having VAR, why did we not just give it another season and introduce it this coming summer?

Anyway, what's done is done now and I'm looking forward to a bit of respite from the general drudgery of the league with the international break.

3 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:

it's also elevating officials into the Championship who should probably be a level or two below that just to make up the numbers because the refs who would previously have officiated in the Championship are now in VAR rooms up and down the country, so fans in that league are also bemoaning poor decisions. 

There's only one VAR room.