Kilmarnock 0 v St. Johnstone. The meh derby.

7 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

James Brown hung out to dry by Callum yet again.  

He got it so so wrong in dealing with their winger threat. 

Left both wing backs very isolated 1v1. He just allowed it to continue as well which resulted in Saints continually given away free kicks in the wide areas. We were often put under pressure by those free kicks as well.

Brown was getting absolutely ruined, Mcleanan initially did okay but started to suffer the same fate as Brown. 

He won't learn though and will do the same again next time we play Killie because of his stubbornness.

28 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

What percentage of Kilmarnock’s goals at home this season have been from set pieces? There rarely seems to be anything else…

Can't answer on the stat but their delivery today was regularly right on the money so probably a large reason why. 

Saints delivery on the other hand... 😬 so much float nothing can be headed directly at goal 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

17 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

It is clearly something they are very good at, they would be pretty fucked without that skill set. 

Pretty vital skill in football so all credit to them for that, but as you alluded to, they offered very little from open play. 

17 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Can't answer on the stat but their delivery today was regularly right on the money so probably a large reason why. 

Saints delivery on the other hand... 😬 so much float nothing can be headed directly at goal 

Cant have scored many goals directly from set pieces this season - 4 off the top of my head? In fairness that’s more than I initially thought 

10 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Pretty vital skill in football so all credit to them for that, but as you alluded to, they offered very little from open play. 

Cant have scored many goals directly from set pieces this season - 4 off the top of my head? In fairness that’s more than I initially thought 

Directly headed in? 

I can't think of any. 

Mitchell's one ricocheted into his path and he bundled it in and that's the only one I can think of from a free kick. 

It just again makes us easier to defend against because teams can keep a high line as they know we can't bend it into the gap between

Killie were robbed by the ref today. Not sure what the player can do when his arm is down by his side when it hits him, so probably the first 'goal' should have stood, but I get the laws are the laws, however stupid.

The Considine handball decision is a shocker. How anyone can see that and not give a penalty is beyond me. Saints got away with one today.

Result kind of papers over some cracks. First half was a disgrace. 

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Directly headed in? 

I can't think of any. 

Mitchell's one ricocheted into his path and he bundled it in and that's the only one I can think of from a free kick. 

It just again makes us easier to defend against because teams can keep a high line as they know we can't bend it into the gap between

Aye I counted Mitchell’s, Considine at Hearts, Clark (?) at Hibs and Rudden at home to St. Mirren. Bit meh 

Its early and im shattered so *shrugs* not a fucking clue if it includes yesterday, but...

Kilmarnock

Set play xG: 10.09(Rank: 2nd) - Open play xG: 15.71 (Rank: 10th)

SP goals: 11 (4th) - OP goals: 10 (12th)

St Johnstone

SP xG: 4.56 (12th) - OP xG: 17.26 (8th)

SP goals: 6 (11th) - OP goals: 22 (6th)

Set play stuff includes throw ins, corners, free kicks, and i think includes stuff within a certain amount of touches after the set play but again *shrugs* f**k knows

That was garbage from Saints yesterday.  Davidson is obsessed with playing players out of position and picking players who just shouldn't be picked.  We didn't deserve anything from the game and were bailed out by a ridiculous refereeing decision.  Getting more fed up with every passing game now.

I didn't want VAR, was extremely disappointed there was no supporter consultation on it and am pissed off we are now being told that, as fans, we are going to be expected to pay more to cover the costs of it.

It is totally diminishing in-stadium spectator experience and, as we saw, can't even get decisions right. The handball rule is dreadful but then you get one which under any interpretation in the modern era is a penalty and they don't award it despite having video evidence. Incredible.

Folk who only take money out of our game have made a decision that makes the matchday experience poorer for those of us that pay in.

Saints fans could have revelled in getting the decision yesterday but glad that we as a support are calling it out. As with prices, we should all be united on this shambles.

Too often, the fans of the benefiting club try and defend these terrible calls and all you do is let the decision makers off the hook.

Nothing will change for as long as tribal loyalties take precedence.

8 minutes ago, Radford said:

Saints fans could have revelled in getting the decision yesterday but glad that we as a support are calling it out. As with prices, we should all be united on this shambles.

Too often, the fans of the benefiting club try and defend these terrible calls and all you do is let the decision makers off the hook.

Nothing will change for as long as tribal loyalties take precedence.

There's no way of defending that decision.  Unless it was in favour of Sevco and you're a Sevconian.  It was abysmal and I genuinely feel sorry for Killie. 

22 minutes ago, The Marly said:

There's no way of defending that decision. 

Unfortunately I can think of more than one group of supporters who would try to.

It obviously wouldn't be fair for me to name St Mirren, with a few honourable exceptions, as an example...