Kilmarnock 0 v St. Johnstone. The meh derby.

21 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

No penalties awarded as there were no clear handballs/fouls.

The first one Gordon doesn't even handle it, it's the Killie player that handles it. Second handball wasn't clear, his arm is up sure, did he touch it? Was he being fouled to make him raise his arms? Not so sure. Jones being fouled outside the box then falling down in the box is a surprise. Big big surprise. 

😂😂😂 That’s proper volleyball stuff from Considine. Bout time we had some luck to level out the amount of shite we’ve had against us. 

Still sounds like we’ve managed to get a point in a game we should have lost at a difficult place, so on one hand we should be happy. On the other, much larger one, yet another tally in the idiot in charges book. He’s absolutely hamstringing this team and destroying confidence all over the shop. If Spoony doesn’t start the next game, Davidson goes beyond how thick I thought he was, verging into Yogi Hughes territory. 

Very disappointing from a Killie perspective. Can't fault the players apart from Donnelly who had another brainfart that led to Saints getting the equaliser, can't fault the manager or the tactics particularly. Even the subs were fine for us, which isn't always the case. However, given Saints were very underwhelming today we had to capitalise on that and failed to get the second goal that probably would have got us over the line. The officials were very poor, and without wanting to get into conspiracist territory I maintain that Killie have had a disproportionate amount of VAR decisions go against us. I know all teams will be on the wrong end of them, but the amount we've had recently has been nothing short of laughable.

A golden chance to put some daylight between ourselves, United and County gone. We can only be thankful that the other results went our way and hope that the JTs are as laughably poor in a fortnight as they were today.

One last thing - very pleasing to see David Watson make his first start at home. The boy gave a good, committed performance and deserves to keep his place for the remainder of the season. Regardless of wherever we end up, next season's team should be built around Watson, Warnock and Wales.

24 minutes ago, Widge said:

If Spoony doesn’t start the next game, Davidson goes beyond how thick I thought he was, verging into Yogi Hughes territory. 

Id be amazed if he didnt, which will probably kick start a mini-run which puts us in a decent position.

The Callum Davidson approach to reversing bad form. Wait for a sub to play well, start him in the next match, if it doesnt work, repeat with next good sub appearance.

39 minutes ago, Widge said:

😂😂😂 That’s proper volleyball stuff from Considine. Bout time we had some luck to level out the amount of shite we’ve had against us. 

In all of the games we have played St Johnstone you have had VAR decisions go in your favour.

The rescinded red card early in the season.

Disallowed goal for May falling over at the front post at a corner.

Today is by far the worst. Disallowed goal I can see why. But there are 2 penalties we should’ve had. The palm away by Considine and then the foul on Armstrong that continues into the box. 

Bair seems to lack the aggression to be a target man, just compare him challenging for balls to Doidge/Vassell, but seems destined to be stuck being asked to play that way because his size.

I think its best for him to move on this Summer, for everyone really, but its scary how someone signed over 12 months ago is still being asked to do things hes clearly not good at.

Like you can see the effort to hold the ball up and try and defend from the front, but it doesnt look like hes actually improving at any of it, so do you blame that on him or the coaching?

6 minutes ago, superkillieaway said:

In all of the games we have played St Johnstone you have had VAR decisions go in your favour.

Today is by far the worst. Disallowed goal I can see why. But there are 2 penalties we should’ve had. The palm away by Considine and then the foul on Armstrong that continues into the box. 

Armstrong couldn’t wait to hit the deck once he’d travelled 6/7 yards into the box being fouled.  Free kick correct call.

6 minutes ago, superkillieaway said:

Without being funny, you’re going to get no sympathy from saints fans about being done over by poor decisions or VAR, Killie are the only team this season we haven’t had a poor decision against us. Don’t get me wrong, I think the first 2 you mention were the right decision, albeit marginal, todays game you have a grievance. 

Then again these things even themselves out “allegedly” and we’re due about 2 seasons worth of decisions to go our way. I feel sorry for Killie today, but that’s football, sometimes it goes your way others it doesn’t. 

53 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Bair seems to lack the aggression to be a target man, just compare him challenging for balls to Doidge/Vassell, but seems destined to be stuck being asked to play that way because his size.

I think its best for him to move on this Summer, for everyone really, but its scary how someone signed over 12 months ago is still being asked to do things hes clearly not good at.

Like you can see the effort to hold the ball up and try and defend from the front, but it doesnt look like hes actually improving at any of it, so do you blame that on him or the coaching?

You’ve already answered your own question, he’s being asked to play the wrong role. It’s not him doing the wrong things it’s that someone else is telling him shite tactics.

55 minutes ago, gingermunkie said:

You’ve already answered your own question, he’s being asked to play the wrong role. It’s not him doing the wrong things it’s that someone else is telling him shite tactics.

Hardly tactics the issue, when the big fucker simply can’t jump. The Bair experiment needs to end now. 

58 minutes ago, gingermunkie said:

Can it be both?

Bair not being used right and doesnt seem to be getting any worthwhile coaching, but at the same time hes got to show something while on the park. All I remember from his ~60 minutes is one good cross (that was intercepted), lots of falling over, and a couple of misjudged jumps for headers. This was his chance to stake a claim and he kind of just breezed through it without any intensity.