Kilmarnock 0 v St. Johnstone. The meh derby.

So to sum it up, we've started an XI that has obvious, gaping holes in it, players out of position, players who could play those positions on the bench and guys who are in abject form starting in a system that has been repeatedly proven not to work.

As a result we have been awful - absolutely, criminally awful - but the manager's reaction is to take off one of the guys who he has thrown in out of position, and replace him with another guy playing out of position in the same system. We now have a right footed attacking midfielder/forward playing LWB while a perfectly serviceable LWB sits on the bench.

Carey is contributing nothing - shock horror - and it is abundantly clear that this strike partnership will produce nothing.

A good manager would make at least two changes at half time and go to a four at the back. We will keep ploughing the same furrow and probably lose 2 or 3 nil.

Just now, Jamie_Beatson said:

A good manager would make at least two changes at half time and go to a four at the back.

Shame he decided to sub off our only right back 5 minutes beforehand, because he was struggling at playing left wing back while we have a left back on the bench.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Shame he decided to sub off our only right back 5 minutes beforehand, because he was struggling at playing left wing back while we have a left back on the bench.

The correct change would be to remove perhaps Gordon, Carey and Bair and replace them with Rudden, Gallacher and Wotherspoon/Murphy then go:

Matthews

Brown Mitchell Considine Gallacher

Wright Hallberg MacPherson Wotherspoon/Murphy

May Rudden

Then you've got a team all playing in the right positions at the very least.

5 minutes ago, stevieKTID said:

Really impressive first half from young David Watson.

Is this his debut?

Absolutely strolled it tbf.

Just now, Jamie_Beatson said:

The correct change would be to remove perhaps Gordon, Carey and Bair and replace them with Rudden, Gallacher and Wotherspoon/Murphy then go:

Matthews

Brown Mitchell Considine Gallacher

Wright Hallberg MacPherson Wotherspoon/Murphy

May Rudden

Then you've got a team all playing in the right positions at the very least.

Aye.

We'll get Wotherspoon/Rudden on for Carey/Bair at half time, maybe. Same shape but chairs shuffled. 

Might work, might not, but "thats football" i guess.

1 minute ago, stevieKTID said:

He made his debut against rangers as a sub for the last 15 minutes.

Fair play. Hes reminded me of John McGinn a bit, maybe an unfair comparison to make though.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is this his debut?

Absolutely strolled it tbf.

Yep, first league start.

I remember when Carey signed for Saints. I was quite disappointed as i think we were in for him too. Take it he's been pony? 

3 minutes ago, Fide said:

Yep, first league start.

I remember when Carey signed for Saints. I was quite disappointed as i think we were in for him too. Take it he's been pony? 

Started well enough but slowly descended into one of those players who thinks doing a wee trick every 3 games is enough.

Hes probably aware hes undroppable which wont be helping.

Playing him endlessly has frozen out Wotherspoon to the point it looks like hes walking away this Summer, its a shite deal all round for us really. 

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye.

We'll get Wotherspoon/Rudden on for Carey/Bair at half time, maybe. Same shape but chairs shuffled. 

Might work, might not, but "thats football" i guess.

15 minutes late, but Davidson gonna Davidson.