Kilmarnock 0 v St. Johnstone. The meh derby.

Had a suspicion after Davidsons comments earlier this week that Bair might start. Doesn't say a lot for Rudden tbh.

Brown at left back. Carey in number 10. 🙄

Edited by nelsjfc

46 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Did he score many free kicks or were those 2 just one offs? Genuinely cant remember it being mentioned about him but to have two like that is crazy.

See, it’s a bit of a weird one. There was definitely always a kind of ‘Let Boyd hit it!’ aura whenever we had a freekick, and I do think he scored a few but I think it was a bit like the Ronaldo thing where he would attempt it 50 times and score 5. 

He seemed to score a lot more of them in his later years when he was even more, ahem, immobile. 

Edited by Nadroj

A midfield 3 containing both Carey & Hallberg continues to worry me. 

While Carey will likely play higher neither track runners or really capable to putting a foot in. Carey tries to put a foot in more so than Hallberg but he's just not very good at and is an almost guaranteed booking. Hallberg also a stick on for a yellow as well, probably for arguing over a throw in or something. 

Although saying that if McGowan isn't fit to start he didn't have much choice (without changing his beloved system - which he simply won't do). 

I want Theo to do well, is he capable? I very much doubt it but I take from the managers odd comments during the week Theo has been working hard in training 🤷‍♂️ if that's the case his start is at least rewarding hard work. 

Brown at left back is the same old Davidson decision. Montgomery must be injured but when if he was in the squad I imagine Brown would be playing anyway in a bid to contain Armstrong. Gallagher still can't get a game though? 🤷‍♂️

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

2 minutes ago, Widge said:

I guess we can say that Gallacher is never making it with us and will be on the way out in the summer with the current management regime. 

There's no chance in any version of reality where he is a worse option than Brown at LWB. None at all.

Carey needs fired into the sun, not a start in our midfield. I'm unclear what Bair has done to merit a start but it certainly isn't look like scoring at all in the last few months.

I really hope the above is the precursor to me being proved wrong on every level but I can't see it.

27 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

Had a suspicion after Davidsons comments earlier this week that Bair might start. Doesn't say a lot for Rudden tbh.

Brown at left back. Carey in number 10. 🙄

More likely Carey will be deeper alongside McPherson with Hallberg more advanced.  Not that it matters - Carey should not be starting anywhere.

Killie have a proper commentator on their tv, fair play. What’s his name again, used to cover matches for the bbc (possibly still does)?  

Two other fixtures today are significant for us. If we win then hopefully Utd beat st mirren and County beat Livingston for our top six aspirations. If we lose, then it’s definitely the other way round or the bottom sides will be uncomfortably close.

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

Killie have a proper commentator on their tv, fair play. What’s his name again, used to cover matches for the bbc (possibly still does)?  

Two other fixtures today are significant for us. If we win then hopefully Utd beat st mirren and County beat Livingston for our top six aspirations. If we lose, then it’s definitely the other way round or the bottom sides will be uncomfortably close.

John Barnes?