Livi v Ross County

44 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

"We were told at the time these things even themselves out" isn't actually a Law of the Game. 

It’s not, but it doesn’t seem like anything is going to be done about it. Even our last game Dundee Utd should’ve been down to 9, but they got away with it. 

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Were you at the midweek Livi v Aberdeen match this season. Can't remember which penalty it was, but between the penalty incident and play stopping for a VAR review, a Livi player was booked. The booking stood.

That much happened in that game i had no idea wtf was going on most of the time with VAR. Penalties galore with VAR reviews 5 minutes after they'd happened when the ball was down the other box.

10 hours ago, kingjoey said:

That's how you saw it?

That's what happened....if Shamal goes through Brophy with a high boot or knees him in the face then, sure, it's a red card but Shamal came out (actually touches the ball with his knee) then him, Brophy and Devlin collide with each other. The fact there were no real appeals from the Ross County players/bench shows there was nothing in it. The sportscene analysis reeks of them trying to play up this image that Livi are a "big, physical team"

9 hours ago, ATLIS said:

I don't think it was serious enough to warrant a red either way. If anything the red would've been for denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity but even then I'm not sure it was that either as County did nothing with the ball when it rolls loose. At the game no one claimed for it, I saw nothing in it at the time. 

Even at that we were due a dodgy decision, we've had plenty go against us this season. At least 6 this season, so getting one our way is only fair. We were told at the time these things even themselves out so maybe we're finally actually getting something.

I don't see it as a dodgy decision going our way. The correct decision was offside, free kick to Livi. A coming together between 3 players doesn't always warrant a red card

14 hours ago, ATLIS said:

It was offside, that's why there's no card and why a free kick is given

I’ve been made aware of this fact. Therefore, I find it odd that George was allowed to take the free kick from where the collision happened, rather than where the offside occured. Strange.

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

That's what happened....if Shamal goes through Brophy with a high boot or knees him in the face then, sure, it's a red card but Shamal came out (actually touches the ball with his knee) then him, Brophy and Devlin collide with each other. The fact there were no real appeals from the Ross County players/bench shows there was nothing in it. The sportscene analysis reeks of them trying to play up this image that Livi are a "big, physical team"

I don't see it as a dodgy decision going our way. The correct decision was offside, free kick to Livi. A coming together between 3 players doesn't always warrant a red card

This is not a sour grapes reply, because ultimately it was offside and it doesn’t even really matter. However, if you genuinely think that is a collision between three players then you have to get your eyes checked I’m afraid pal. George comes out and literally wipes out 2 players. That is not a collision, more of an assault. 

Also, I think every County player on the pitch was appealing for a foul. So the lack of appeals claim is simply false.

20 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I’ve been made aware of this fact. Therefore, I find it odd that George was allowed to take the free kick from where the collision happened, rather than where the offside occured. Strange.

Doesn't the offside offence only occur when the player is deemed to be interfering with play? So that could be seen as where Brophy touches/challenged for the ball. I could be wrong, just offering a potential explanation. Saying that, the place free kicks and throw ins take place can often be miles away from where the offence occurred. I remember an offside against Lyndon Dykes against Celtic years ago just inside the Celtic half but the free kick was taken from about 5 yards inside OUR half where it's impossible to actually be offside

24 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

This is not a sour grapes reply, because ultimately it was offside and it doesn’t even really matter. However, if you genuinely think that is a collision between three players then you have to get your eyes checked I’m afraid pal. George comes out and literally wipes out 2 players. That is not a collision, more of an assault. 

Also, I think every County player on the pitch was appealing for a foul. So the lack of appeals claim is simply false.

Yeah, they appealed for the foul but when the offside was given there was none of the usual arguing to have Shamal sent off for a dangerous tackle. It would have been a foul for last man, no doubt about it but the tackle wasn't dangerous and the county players knew it. Brophy took a sore one but that's always a potential risk playing football

28 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Doesn't the offside offence only occur when the player is deemed to be interfering with play? So that could be seen as where Brophy touches/challenged for the ball. I could be wrong, just offering a potential explanation. Saying that, the place free kicks and throw ins take place can often be miles away from where the offence occurred. I remember an offside against Lyndon Dykes against Celtic years ago just inside the Celtic half but the free kick was taken from about 5 yards inside OUR half where it's impossible to actually be offside

To tag onto that point, it actually happened in this game :D Offside given against us and Ross County take the freekick about 5 yards into our half. Players steal yards and if it's close to your goal then refs couldn't care less it seems

Thought we were really poor on Saturday and didn't look like creating much, shows the drop in quality when Dhanda isn't playing. We seem to concede really poor goals defensively every time we play livi and once again that came to pass. From a livi perspective there is a clear drop off from earlier in the season. I wonder if it's fatigue or teams sort of sussing them out but I felt like they were there for the taking at times. Ultimately though we weren't good enough to win the game.

1 hour ago, staggy1929 said:

Thought we were really poor on Saturday and didn't look like creating much, shows the drop in quality when Dhanda isn't playing. We seem to concede really poor goals defensively every time we play livi and once again that came to pass. From a livi perspective there is a clear drop off from earlier in the season. I wonder if it's fatigue or teams sort of sussing them out but I felt like they were there for the taking at times. Ultimately though we weren't good enough to win the game.

To be fair we've just had to put a new backline together, Obileye is out until next season and Fitzwater was suspended. That was De Lucas' second start for us and Boyes has only really came in halfway through this season too. We'd punted Penrice up to play RW since Bradley was out injured too. Could just be a case of trying to settle them in at the back although De Lucas looked pretty good for us.

Aye we've still not got this high line down pat either though, and are vulnerable to teams hitting a long through ball running in behind our last defender. And with the wee run of not winning in 5 games, albeit 3 of those were against current top 6 teams, we were extremely nervy, on the pitch and in the stand.

Hopefully this win will give players and fans a confidence boost going into our last 4 pre split games, it's in our own hands to get there, but last season's final pre split game against Motherwell, blowing a 2 goal lead and dropping into the bottom 6 is still in everyone's minds. It would be good if we could secure a place in the top 6 before our final game against Utd away.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER