Livi v Ross County

45 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I thought the freekick was awarded for offside. VAR would review the challenge as a potential red card unless the offside had already been awarded 

The BBC live text says offside as well. Didn't help that Sportscene showed the worst possible camera angles.

I understand the match commentator not realising it’s a offside call in real time, but for Thompson, McCann and Foster to have an entire section on it for Sportcene is just lazy.

On the game, I thought we started poor and only grew into the game when 2 nil up. Glad to see we started the second half well, the subs really helped. Ross County looked decent but lacked quality in the final third - I’m presuming it would have been a different game if Dhanda played

For all of people praising Randall's defensive reliability he's far, far too easily done in physical match ups. Big Marcus Fraser in 17/18 vibes.

Weird game yesterday. I don’t feel we played particularly well but, overall, did just about enough to win it. Much more solid at the back, minus this stupid high line crap. As others have pointed out, it has been our undoing on more than one occasion of late. Were it not for Devlin’s screamer, it would have cost us more points. 

Got to give credit to Devlin for a much improved performance. You could see what it meant to him. I also like De Lucas a lot. Him and Boyes play it out well from the back. No rush to bring Fitzwater back, as far as I’m concerned. Nouble, as usual, was a machine.

County were the better team until we scored. Then they looked a bit shell-shocked. Minus the goal and Brophy’s chance, they didn’t really threaten all that much. I hope they can stay up. A good club with sound fans and a brilliant away day. Can’t say that about many of the other relegation contenders. 

5 hours ago, The Wrong Car said:

I understand the match commentator not realising it’s a offside call in real time, but for Thompson, McCann and Foster to have an entire section on it for Sportcene is just lazy.

It's because they don't watch any of the match before the show when its diddy teams so they can't do any sort of analysis - tactics, individual player performance, etc. Instead they just pick out a potentially "controversial" refereeing decision, in this case going so far as to fabricate one, and fill the two minutes with pointless waffle on that.

9 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Just seen Sportscene there. How Shamal George went unpunished for scything down Brophy in the first half, and then gets the free kick, is beyond me. 

It was offside, that's why there's no card and why a free kick is given

On 15/03/2023 at 21:50, bunglebonce said:

I never watched County's last two home matches, but going by Motherwell's goals from the highlights, Nouble could have a field day on the left of a three.

And so it came to pass.  Begs the question, if it was such an obvious mismatch how was it allowed to happen?  Straight up lack of personnel perhaps.  You wouldn't drive your car knowing your front right wheel nuts are loose.

14 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

And so it came to pass.  Begs the question, if it was such an obvious mismatch how was it allowed to happen?  Straight up lack of personnel perhaps.  You wouldn't drive your car knowing your front right wheel nuts are loose.

I felt like Nouble had an off day yesterday. He seemed fairly clamped at times and just managed to get his goal by being in the right spot. Over the course of the game he wasn't his usual self and didn't get on the ball to run at players. Generally I'd say he was handled pretty plentifully. Usually he'd have a far bigger impact on games than that yesterday

20 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I felt like Nouble had an off day yesterday. He seemed fairly clamped at times and just managed to get his goal by being in the right spot. Over the course of the game he wasn't his usual self and didn't get on the ball to run at players. Generally I'd say he was handled pretty plentifully. Usually he'd have a far bigger impact on games than that yesterday

Post match interview on the Livi twitter Martindale said Nouble phoned in sick on Friday and still wasn't fully recovered Saturday. Still did well getting us a goal and getting us fouls late on when we needed him as an out ball seeing out our win.

Think Bruce and Nouble make a good partnership, but without Bruce doing the leg work running around pressing the ball it doesn't work as well.

4 hours ago, hoobahabba said:

Weird game yesterday. I don’t feel we played particularly well but, overall, did just about enough to win it. Much more solid at the back, minus this stupid high line crap. As others have pointed out, it has been our undoing on more than one occasion of late. Were it not for Devlin’s screamer, it would have cost us more points. 

Got to give credit to Devlin for a much improved performance. You could see what it meant to him. I also like De Lucas a lot. Him and Boyes play it out well from the back. No rush to bring Fitzwater back, as far as I’m concerned. Nouble, as usual, was a machine.

County were the better team until we scored. Then they looked a bit shell-shocked. Minus the goal and Brophy’s chance, they didn’t really threaten all that much. I hope they can stay up. A good club with sound fans and a brilliant away day. Can’t say that about many of the other relegation contenders. 

Yeah if Fitzwater isn't going to be here next season de Lucas should be getting the nod ahead of him starting games. Has done really well so far anyway, and merits a starting place.

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

It was offside, that's why there's no card and why a free kick is given

If George's challenge is deemed serious enough for a red card, it matters not if the offside is given or not. Even if the ball is out of play, foul play deemed a red card is still a red card.

13 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

If George's challenge is deemed serious enough for a red card, it matters not if the offside is given or not. Even if the ball is out of play, foul play deemed a red card is still a red card.

Don't get penalties, goals, or even fouls after an offside is given so seems weird giving a red card when play shouldn't be continuing anyway. Stupid rule anyway this delaying sticking the flag up for offside, it's just inviting players being injured, having to carry on not knowing if it will eventually be given or not.u

8 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Don't get penalties, goals, or even fouls after an offside is given so seems weird giving a red card when play shouldn't be continuing anyway. Stupid rule anyway this delaying sticking the flag up for offside, it's just inviting players being injured, having to carry on not knowing if it will eventually be given or not.u

Were you at the midweek Livi v Aberdeen match this season. Can't remember which penalty it was, but between the penalty incident and play stopping for a VAR review, a Livi player was booked. The booking stood.

45 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Any red card for that challenge would be for denying a goalscoring opportunity...there challenge wasn't overly dangerous or out of control...they've effectively bumped into each other

1 minute ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Any red card for that challenge would be for denying a goalscoring opportunity...there challenge wasn't overly dangerous or out of control...they've effectively bumped into each other

That's how you saw it?

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Think Bruce and Nouble make a good partnership, but without Bruce doing the leg work running around pressing the ball it doesn't work as well.

Anderson deserved a goal. Not sure why Martindale continues to take him off (particularly in this game where he would have been effective on the counter attack).

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I don't think it was serious enough to warrant a red either way. If anything the red would've been for denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity but even then I'm not sure it was that either as County did nothing with the ball when it rolls loose. At the game no one claimed for it, I saw nothing in it at the time. 

Even at that we were due a dodgy decision, we've had plenty go against us this season. At least 6 this season, so getting one our way is only fair. We were told at the time these things even themselves out so maybe we're finally actually getting something.

5 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I don't think it was serious enough to warrant a red either way. If anything the red would've been for denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity but even then I'm not sure it was that either as County did nothing with the ball when it rolls loose. At the game no one claimed for it, I saw nothing in it at the time. 

Even at that we were due a dodgy decision, we've had plenty go against us this season. At least 6 this season, so getting one our way is only fair. We were told at the time these things even themselves out so maybe we're finally actually getting something.

"We were told at the time these things even themselves out" isn't actually a Law of the Game.