Livi v Ross County

12 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Randall marking Nouble, oh boy. No wonder we're 1-0 down.

Has actually kept Nouble quiet yet lost that header for the goal.

50 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Did...did the Livi keeper just clothesline Devlin and Brophy and somehow get a foul?

Would need to rewatch but I thought George had fouled Brophy on first watch. 

I thought we were hopeless before the first goal. Penrice on the right wasn't working up until his great bit of skill to cross for Nouble (nice finish as well). Second goal was rubbish defending from County but a nice hit from Devlin after his ridiculous attempt from 40 yards earlier in the game. 

Hope we can kill this off and get some confidence back which looked to be lacking in the last few games. 

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Martindale's attachment to the 4-3-3 these last couple of seasons is probably because it allows a second centre mid to join in attacks. We're better in the 4-2-3-1, though, like today. 

54 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Did...did the Livi keeper just clothesline Devlin and Brophy and somehow get a foul?

It was an offside that was (eventually) given. Collum would spontaneously combust if he had the chance to send someone off that early, and (pending a rewatch) it would have been the right decision

Edited by LiviLion

Thank f**k we got the 2nd goal this time, looked comfortable at 2-0 and the lead up to Counties goal looked offside, infuriating the lino waits so long before sticking his flag up, but because he waits till the goal is scored it goes to VAR, and after a bit of a wait they give it.  Will have to see a replay but looked well offside as they ran onto the long ball.

Nervy finish, esp having 5 going on 7 added minutes at the end, what a relief to finally get a win. Win against St Mirren would prob secure a top 6 for us, with them having Hearts and Sevco away in their next 2 games games, and providing they lost both it would mean we had at least a 4 pts lead with just the final pre split game to play..

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Thought Devlin was superb. De Lucas and Boyes were pretty decent as a partnership too. Nouble was quite quiet up until the goal and then faded out the game again. After seeing replays of county's goal, it still looks offside albeit I've not seen the var lines. Hopefully we can take the feel good factor onto next week

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Thank f**k we got the 2nd goal this time, looked comfortable at 2-0 and the lead up to Counties goal looked offside, infuriating the lino waits so long before sticking his flag up, but because he waits till the goal is scored it goes to VAR, and after a bit of a wait they give it.  Will have to see a replay but looked well offside as they ran onto the long ball.

Nervy finish, esp having 5 going on 7 added minutes at the end, what a relief to finally get a win. Win against St Mirren would prob secure a top 6 for us, with them having Hearts and Sevco away in their next 2 games games, and providing they lost both it would mean we had at least a 4 pts lead with just the final pre split game to play..

Just back from your company today L/F.As I said earlier, we made it hard for ourselves.Will need to see their goal back again.,friggin VAR and of course Brother Wullie made sure our arses were squeeking towards the end.Most frustrating thing for me givin the opposition was our obvious lack of firepower up front which should have been able to put this game to bed.But givin its Livi ,we always seem to do things the hard way.Nevertheless these 3 points keep us in with a chance of getting a top half finish and bring your pre season prediction to fruition.👏.

There was absolutely nothing between those two teams. Laidlaw should definitely do better with Nouble’s goal, and we were so slow to react for Devlin’s. Other than that, I thought we defended okay. First half we were fairly erratic on the ball but the half time changes certainly helped the ball stick and that’s a few times we’ve had a reaction playing a 433 with Murray, Brophy and White up front. It’s just frustrating that lapses of concentration consistently cost us each week, but I suppose that’s why we’re in the mire we are in.

Slightly worse Livi performance than against Dundee Utd but a better result. Team didn't shit themselves after half time today. The extra goal lead this time will've helped the nerves with that. Would've been a long day had Watson scored rather than hit the post first half.

Devlin was inspirational today. Penrice was our next best performer. Playing in two opposite positions he assisted a goal from right mid then stopped a possible goal from left back (when blocking Brophy's shot). Holt was very good first half, he helped keep the tempo up for us. Solid performance from Pittman. Bahamboula and Omeonga were the perfect subs to bring on today as both kept the ball well. Nouble did little other than his goal which was all we needed from him, it was an excellent header. Shinnie didn't shine like against Dun Utd because County's centre mid was much stronger but he still did well. Anderson was lively, did well to create a couple of shooting opportunities for himself. De Lucas and Boyes perhaps could've cut out Brophy's cross for the County goal but otherwise were good. 

Thought Nouble helped us see out the game with his hold up play getting us up the pitch a few times, and winning fouls to break up play. You know when it's hit up to him he'll not lose it, and he was doing a Marvin Bartley holding onto it till he got bundled over .

Not as good as we were in the first half against Utd, but far more clinical and scored 2 goals to give us a cushion in case they got one back. 

Two 2-0 defeats in a row, where the opening goal is a mismatch at the far post and Randall doesn't get off the ground. An obvious weak link which teams are exploiting.

Malky referred to the mismatch himself after the game, which he surely must have seen coming. Unfortunately, since Baldwin is suspended again (so Watson has to play in the centre) and Johnson was sold in January, the option there is either Randall or 17 year old Dylan Smith. Smith's 30 minutes at centre-back were decent, he didn't look out of place, but it's too early for him to be a regular started.

Spoiler

I know I am a broken record with this, but his contribution going forward is holding the team back. The two latest defeats away from home  (Livi and St Mirren) really emphasise what a difference a good full-back or wing-back brings to the team going forward, with Strain and Devlin instrumental in their wins. Harmon on the other side set up County's best chance to equalise and was on set-pieces during the match. On 87 mins County were putting on the pressure with plenty bodies in the box, the ball was cleared to Livi's left back area where Randall had the time to take a touch and fire the ball back in... he preferred to let the ball roll past him out for a throw-in, which came to nothing. As with the team as a whole yesterday, the effort can't be faulted but the quality was badly lacking.

1 hour ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Just seen Sportscene there. How Shamal George went unpunished for scything down Brophy in the first half, and then gets the free kick, is beyond me. 

I thought the freekick was awarded for offside. VAR would review the challenge as a potential red card unless the offside had already been awarded 

Edited by Cptn Hooch