Resurgent Hamilton v Regressing Ayr

A handful of Ayr fans will travel to watch Ayr’s season drift in to mid table obscurity. 

1-1 Ayr will equalise in the last 10 minutes after being shite all game. Bullen will say it’s a sign of the player’s character and could be a big point come the end of the season (which was last night) 

Think we need to change things up this weekend 

Albinson

Kirk    mgingty

Mcallister                        musonda 

murdoch Dempsey

O’Connor                        ashford

akinyemi  mckenzie 

(Just a normal 442- screen had names all over the place) 

I wonder if we will shell it long all game?

*Insert Obi Wan 'Don't try it' meme here.

We are capable of winning this and we really ought to be (if our aspiration is the play offs or better). It would be nice to get the cup game out of our system. We are so up and down at the moment it's hard to judge.

Head says a draw. Heart says we'll win.

Looks like McGowan will still be out which is a massive loss. Can already see Akinyemi ripping our 4 man defence to shreds.

With all the postponements our April is jam packed and since we have no real squad depth there's no doubt we'll fall away as the games go on with tiredness and injuries, so we really need the 3 points here.

Edited by Laid-back Accie

This all really depends how much Akinyemi can do by himself - he is clearly back on form but there is only so much he can do if we play like we did for 60 minutes on Monday. Daire will make a difference, in terms of having at least one other threat for Hamilton to deal with. 

That is our best back four IMO, absolutely no way Bullen drops McGinty, never mind Houston too. There is no reason we can’t control the midfield, but we obviously won’t. 

Albinson 

McAllister      Kirk      Musonda     Houston 

Murdoch   Dempsey 

Ashford               Maguire            O’Connor 

Akinyemi 

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I wonder if we will shell it long all game?

*Insert Obi Wan 'Don't try it' meme here.

We are capable of winning this and we really ought to be (if our aspiration is the play offs or better). It would be nice to get the cup game out of our system. We are so up and down at the moment it's hard to judge.

Head says a draw. Heart says we'll win.

giphy(7).gif.38d216a1b9ecfd8485ad481c7412ae4a.gif

Not resurgent Hamilton judging by our last two performances.

However,I  would expect an improvement simply due to guys wanting a place for The Final.Ditto for those coming off the bench.

Ayr have had their Accies 2006 Quarter Final moment(Stephen Craig's handball at Dundee) and although you guys are at the top end  of the League, I would be surprised if Ayr are not on a downer.

Whether that will be good enough to win,who knows?

11 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Ayr have had their Accies 2006 Quarter Final moment(Stephen Craig's handball at Dundee) and although you guys are at the top end  of the League, I would be surprised if Ayr are not on a downer.

I still remember the feeling of watching buses full of Dundee fans along Ruglen Main St on their way to their semi at Hampden v Gretna. Scunnered doesn’t do it justice.

No Dylan McGowan to try & combat Akinyemi is a big, big issue for us today as Akinyemi will likely be able to bully O'Reilly and/or Owens.

Obviously we need points but seeing as we can't score I'm a bit concerned about this game, especially as it's our last league game this month before we play 7 games in April with 3 of them midweek.

Lawson in for Martin with Smith moving inside to boot out Sparrow would be my guess. Not really sure how we'll look out wide as Zanatta and Winter seem to be reserve players nowadays, Stephenson's been pretty pants and One started last night for the 18s. Too soon for Redfern?