The Caley 🔵🔴 🦅 v Falkirk 🔵⚪️

28 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

For the last 3 semi finals since 2009 we've taken between 6.5-9k to Hampden. Would be very surprised if we topped that for this one but you never know 

Think after the hurt we've endured a lot will turn out, for example I have a few family members who haven't been to games in years, but are coming back for this game. 6,000 odd at home to Dunfermline so I'm expecting about double that, especially with neutrals.

I shouldn't have done it, but I listened to 10 minutes of Clyde 1 last night. 

Rangers, Celtic, Rangers, Celtic. Apparently if Rangers win the game they win the cup. According to all the pundits and goons who phoned in,

9 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I shouldn't have done it, but I listened to 10 minutes of Clyde 1 last night. 

Rangers, Celtic, Rangers, Celtic. Apparently if Rangers win the game they win the cup. According to all the pundits and goons who phoned in,

Was Keevins crying into his microphone?
IMO if Celtic beat Rangers then neither of us have much chance of beating Celtic in the final. However I do think the chances of beating Rangers are far more favourable. 

Hopefully the 300 or so fans Inverness end up taking aren't the same 300 who celebrated the winning goal in 2015 like they'd watched a mildly entertaining game of tiddlywinks.

25 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Was Keevins crying into his microphone?
IMO if Celtic beat Rangers then neither of us have much chance of beating Celtic in the final. However I do think the chances of beating Rangers are far more favourable. 

Would agree with this. Celtic have destroyed pretty much everyone this season, whereas Sevco seem to have struggled a bit more.

Dropping points to the teams in the bottom half like St Johnstone and Livingston, and only scraping past Partick earlier in the tournament shows they are more likely to be got at. Yes their fans are more sufferable/ engaged in sectarian fuckwittery but at the end of the day you want to play whoever you'll have the best change against. Saying that, whichever of us gets through will be at least 20/1 no matter what 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

If we were to get through I genuinely don't think I can face watching us get beat in *another* final, as would be most likely the case. However I couldn't get over if I decided not to go and we somehow won.

8 minutes ago, Gaz said:

If we were to get through I genuinely don't think I can face watching us get beat in *another* final, as would be most likely the case. However I couldn't get over if I decided not to go and we somehow won.

This is where I fall on it. I’d be going along with incredibly low expectations but simply couldn’t forgive myself if I stayed away and it turned out to be our year. I’m in my early 30s and have seen us beaten in three cup finals. I don’t remember much of the game in 97 but we were by far the better team in 2009 and were undone by a moment of individual magic.

2015 was completely unforgivable. Ten man Caley were dead on their feet and I’ve always believed that if we’d managed to hold out to the end of normal time, we’d have won 3-1 or 4-1 in extra time. I’ve rewatched James Vincent’s winner dozens of times since then and there was a series of about five individual mistakes that led to the winner. Kieran Duffie crosses the ball into a box where we were completely outnumbered despite no pressure to do so. David McCracken lets the ball bounce and then gets outmuscled. No one tracks the run of Vincent. Jamie McDonald parries the ball into his path rather than turning round the post for a corner. It was a completely freak goal that could have been prevented on a number of occasions and it’s haunted me ever since. 

Just now, Donathan said:

This is where I fall on it. I’d be going along with incredibly low expectations but simply couldn’t forgive myself if I stayed away and it turned out to be our year. I’m in my early 30s and have seen us beaten in three cup finals. I don’t remember much of the game in 97 but we were by far the better team in 2009 and were undone by a moment of individual magic.

2015 was completely unforgivable. Ten man Caley were dead on their feet and I’ve always believed that if we’d managed to hold out to the end of normal time, we’d have won 3-1 or 4-1 in extra time. I’ve rewatched James Vincent’s winner dozens of times since then and there was a series of about five individual mistakes that led to the winner. Kieran Duffie crosses the ball into a box where we were completely outnumbered despite no pressure to do so. David McCracken lets the ball bounce and then gets outmuscled. No one tracks the run of Vincent. Jamie McDonald parries the ball into his path rather than turning round the post for a corner. It was a completely freak goal that could have been prevented on a number of occasions and it’s haunted me ever since. 

Considering how experienced McCracken was, the fact he didn't take one for the team and pull the ICT player back and take the booking was the biggest mistake.

9 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Same. Dreading another final, and you have triggered a completely tears and snotter filled rant on my behalf here with that description of the winner.

2 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Surely there aren't folk genuinely expecting more than 19-20,000 absolute tops at this game?

No chance. There was only 17,000 at the 2009 semi final and that was a rivalry game against Dunfermline and a 3pm kick off.

Assuming it’s a lunch time kick off, the trains are going to be a nightmare for Inverness fans. On the Saturday there’s one direct train that gets into Glasgow before kickoff. It’s at 5.36am and will arrive more than three hours before the game. The next two options after that involve a change at Perth. Won’t put off any hardcore fans but might be enough for the casuals not to bother.

On the Sunday they’ve got no options at all.

I can’t see more than 5k-6k from Inverness and 8k-9k from Falkirk. 

I'm feeling, perhaps like most The Caley fans, fairly melancholy about the game.  I've seen us win it and that's the best we're ever going to do as we're never going to win the Premiership.  So if we lose I won't be too downhearted.  Likewise if we get through the final, which we would definitely lose.

It must be hell for you lot with you seeing at least 2 final defeats (3 for the more senior lads).  As fans of smaller clubs, it would be nice to go through life seeing your club win one.  

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I'm feeling, perhaps like most The Caley fans, fairly melancholy about the game.  I've seen us win it and that's the best we're ever going to do as we're never going to win the Premiership.  So if we lose I won't be too downhearted.  Likewise if we get through the final, which we would definitely lose.

It must be hell for you lot with you seeing at least 2 final defeats (3 for the more senior lads).  As fans of smaller clubs, it would be nice to go through life seeing your club win one.  

It is, believe me.