The Caley 🔵🔴 🦅 v Falkirk 🔵⚪️

at least the inverness fans didn't pull down players in the box tbf

That was shite. could still be playing next week and no score.  no one will believe this right after the match, but I wasn't arsed about the cup this year, promotion trumps everything, unless we could somehow have pulled of a miracle had we gotten to the final. the boost to the piggy bank is obviously welcome.

For all you lot piling in to slag us off saying we're not a big team etc, do you do this when any other league one side goes out the cup?

Edited by effeffsee_the2nd

Just now, effeffsee_the2nd said:

at least the inverness fans didn't pull down players in the box tbf

That was shite. could still be playing next week and no score.  no one will believe this right after the match, but I wasn't arsed about the cup this year, promotion trumps everything, unless we could somehow have pulled of a miracle had we gotten to the final. the boost to the piggy bank is obviously welcome.

Who's guna tell him? 😬

8 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

the play offs haven't been played yet smart arse.  I would rather we gave them our full attention

I wouldn't worry about that mate, that team is not going up.

34 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Never realised this was today and just watched highlights. Thon boy missing an open goal from that distance for Falkirk produced some amount of laughter.

I'd be hoping he was emptied at the first opportunity.

Didn't your team hand the league over to someone's toy team lastnight.... At home.... v Cove??

The season summed up in a semi.

Up against it after the VAR penalty. They coughed up two cheap goals & struggled to create any clear chances that forced the opposing keeper into pulling off a save.

They played well, though too slowly,  but Sneck were never put under any adverse pressure & had control of the game from the 4th minute.

Sub’s could have been made at half time &/or formation changed to try the pattern of the game; before they went 3-0 down.

Kennedy  & Morrison need to play closer to Burrell to get any benefit off the 1 up front & leave any width to the full back getting forward. Hugging the touch line just isolated the C/F.

Just why the ref was asked to review the penalty, is baffling. As it’s become clear, over the months, that ANY contact by ANY arm is deemedpunishable.

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

Yes it was a tongue in cheek reply aimed at the tagged poster who was saying last night that Cove should have played more football. 😵‍💫

I didnt say that though.

I said Cove camping in their own box for 90 minutes and timewasting from the first kick off was awful to watch, and id rather see my team playing competitively at a lower level than watch that every week as the try and scrape enough points together to avoid bottom.

Theres a middle ground between shite teams failing because they think they can outpass better teams, and Cove refusing to enter the opponents half.

1 hour ago, MightBeMaia said:

Mental how many pars fans were glued to their tv to watch Falkirk play at Hampden #BigTime

Why would we not watch a game of football on the TV in the pub before the game? What's the issue here?

37 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Why would we not watch a game of football on the TV in the pub before the game? What's the issue here?

Falkirk fan being salty as f**k despite a superior side completely rinsing them, as surely everyone would have expected anyway. 

49 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I didnt say that though.

I said Cove camping in their own box for 90 minutes and timewasting from the first kick off was awful to watch, and id rather see my team playing competitively at a lower level than watch that every week as the try and scrape enough points together to avoid bottom.

Theres a middle ground between shite teams failing because they think they can outpass better teams, and Cove refusing to enter the opponents half.

Yeah fair enough, I was just on the wind up really.

21 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

When you're fucked by Mckay and Mackay and Mckay, that's The Caley. Thanks for coming.

With another Mackay on the bench and another McKay undercover for Falkirk.

Thought neither team played that well but Caley, passback misunderstandings aside, defended better. Atmosphere struck me as decent and, hate Hampden if you like, any noise stays in the ground rather than disappear through gaps.

If Falkirk feel sore, just remember what Caley have won and you've lost: a probable doing at the hands of whichever ugly makes it to the final, and watching the humping in a stadium dominated by 40-odd thousand exceptional charmers.

Can’t ask for more in a cup semi final than being in front for 85 minutes and three up for more than a third of the match. We let Falkirk have a lot of possession but aside from the horror miss by Morrison we were pretty comfortable. Henderson’s delivery for the second goal was absolutely pinpoint, as was Mckays for the third. Shaw couldn’t have gone closer with his second effort that hit the post, he did well through the whole game though.

Enjoyed the atmosphere in our end, for all the talk about crowds and seats it was great when scored and throughout the game.