The Caley 🔵🔴 🦅 v Falkirk 🔵⚪️

12 minutes ago, Connor7 said:

Who decides the ticket prices? I know in earlier rounds its up to the two clubs to agree on a price.  Is the semi final decided by all 4 clubs coming to an agreement? 

If this has been the SFA who has decided, it looks like they have opted for the option of making as much money as they can from the Sunday game.  But basically holding two fingers up to Falkirk and Inverness fans in the process.  

The sensible pricing should be something like below:

£25, £15  for North & South

£20 £10 for East & West 

Agreed by the 4 clubs plus the SFA. We know which 2 representatives are in control of that discussion though. 

32 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Having to agree a ticket price for both semis between all the clubs is a total nonsense as well. The clubs involved in each semi should be able to agree a price between the two of them and split the proceedings between all 4 clubs afterwards. The OF game should have absolutely nothing to do with the ICT Falkirk game. A ridiculous state of affairs. 

Do you not see how this is completely contradictory? 

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

It's times like these I'm glad to be a Caley fan in Edinburgh.

The update from the club about the date and prices mentions that there will be extra buses on to take fans down, they should try and expand that for fans who don't want to drive.  For the semi-finals we had when I was in Inverness we hired our own bus.

Falkirk FC paid for buses up to Inverness for fans for the last game of the season where Michael Higdon's backside kept us up at your expense.

2 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Falkirk FC paid for buses up to Inverness for fans for the last game of the season where Michael Higdon's backside kept us up at your expense.

That game was also a lunchtime kick off, IIRC.

HOpefully the clubs do something similar, especially us as we have the longer journey.  

Could there even be a football special train sorted out?  Back in the good old days, there was a football special train that ran from Inverness to Falkirk when pre-merger Caley wre due to play Stirling in the cup in 1991 or thereabouts.

8 minutes ago, bobbydazzler said:

people are speaking as if Celtic/Rangers fans are delighted that their tickets will be £38.

Boo hoo

8 minutes ago, bobbydazzler said:

people are speaking as if Celtic/Rangers fans are delighted that their tickets will be £38.

Bit different as Rangers and Celtic will sell out regardless. My mate said he was £45 for the league cup final so a relative bargain by all accounts for them. 

4 minutes ago, bobbydazzler said:

The truth is that a Rangers/Celtic cup semi final will sell out at £38.  They could probably sell them for £50 and it'd sell out. 

I just googled and checked that Celtic were charging £35 for Hearts fans at Parkhead last month, I assume a walkup for the home end is about the same.

50 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I hope the ticket sales are added up, split 4 equal ways then the policing and stewarding costs are removed directly from the Bigot Brothers share of the gate money.

As far as I know the split is even between the four, so we just have to go with this as it does mean that our clubs will benefit with the ticket price and the TV share out.

Going by the Hampden seating plan most Caley fans will be in North D and East F.

49 minutes ago, WeeMentalDavie said:

Do you not see how this is completely contradictory? 

True dat. I should have said nothing to do with the other game except for the money. OF get enough money as it is, so you can give them some extra. 

3 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

As far as I know the split is even between the four, so we just have to go with this as it does mean that our clubs will benefit with the ticket price and the TV share out.

Going by the Hampden seating plan most Caley fans will be in North D and East F.

Most Caley fans will be 200 miles up the road

The bigots and apologists that follow those scum clubs can pay the fucking tax for supporting a team miles away from where they live, driving past TFS and various other stadiums on their way. 

If my club can survive and thrive on the back of tens of thousands of diddies from around Scotland being desperate to pay through nose in order to pretend they are proper football fans then f**k it. Il take the hit to get them ripped off. God knows they fucking ruin Scottish football for everyone else year round. Just glad it's Falkirks chance to get a skin out it for a change.

Still though, Imagine how much better this day and the potential final would look for us and Caley fans if they two finally fucked off to whatever league they are flashing their frillies at now......

Edited by Bairnardo

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

That game was also a lunchtime kick off, IIRC.

HOpefully the clubs do something similar, especially us as we have the longer journey.  

Could there even be a football special train sorted out?  Back in the good old days, there was a football special train that ran from Inverness to Falkirk when pre-merger Caley wre due to play Stirling in the cup in 1991 or thereabouts.

We had a football special train for the League Cup Final v Aberdeen. Supporters Trust/CJT organised it iirc. 

£38 for any game in Scotland - including Celtic vs Rangers or a Scotland international - is a nonsense.  The two semi-finals having the same price is ridiculous.  The two semi-finals aren't equal - I'm not sure how anyone can justify charging the same price for a match that has a huge demand for tickets, that will probably sell out between the two best teams in Scotland and one between some Highland jobbers from the Championship and some lowland jobbers from League One.

Some people seem very focused on the kick off time but you'd have to be quite naive not to have expected that.  Our last two semi-finals in the Scottish Cup against Hearts and Celtic were both lunchtime kick offs as was our League Cup semi in 2014.  We had plenty of lunchtime KOs both at home and away when we were in the Premiership.  In saying that, the fact it is an early start with a dreadfully expensive ticket does make the KO time a bit more grating though.

6 hours ago, Gaz said:

I've always said games like this should be played at Tynecastle but at those prices / times they'd be lucky to outsell that.

Tannadice would be a better shout. Roughly halfway between. McDiarmid too small.

But nope Hampden with 13,000 folk hahahahahahahaha

I'd agree but it's an almost selfish viewpoint really. 

The reason why I'd be keener for a smaller stadium is because I've experienced semis and finals at Hampden, the mystique of the event has thoroughly disappeared. 

However I can remember how excited I was for my first visit to Hampden in 2003, I looked forward to it for weeks. Likewise I'd bet that you've got a multitude of young Falkirk and Inverness fans buzzing around the house now waiting for this occasion, it could be the hook that draws some fans in. 

The players will also probably prefer it but I'm less empathetic with regards to that because I've never been a professional footballer. We've all been a young fan for the first time going to the national stadium though.