The Caley 🔵🔴 🦅 v Falkirk 🔵⚪️

2 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Is this because both semi’s have to be the same price? So the bigot brothers will have had an input? 

Maybe so, but big difference between a game within your home city that both sets of fans could walk or get local transport to and the costs for travel down for a midday KO from Inverness.

20 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

38 pounds is absolutely criminal. Thought it'd be 30 max. That could knock a few thousand off the attendance 

I was actually considering going to this game as a neutral. But for that price... f*ck that.

21 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Maybe so, but big difference between a game within your home city that both sets of fans could walk or get local transport to and the costs for travel down for a midday KO from Inverness.

Probably more OF fans that live outwith the Glasgow than live in Glasgow tbh. 

The Saturday semi is always a lunchtime kick off to avoid the black out at 3pm so can’t complain too much about that. 

At this rate we'll be lucky if there's 15k folk there.

£38 to sit and watch a game where the outcomes are to get beat by Caley or win against Caley and get utterly humped by one of the OF while being subject to bigotry and sectarianism for 90 minutes. What a choice man

As soon as The Ugly Sisters were drawn together I thought they would charge an extortionate amount. 
They know that their fans will cough up for their semifinal and fill the ground on the Sunday.

I think it was similar prices for the League Cup Semifinal this season and it put me off going to see the Dandies.

Again it’s an example of of how football in this country is run purely for two teams. 

I've always said games like this should be played at Tynecastle but at those prices / times they'd be lucky to outsell that.

Tannadice would be a better shout. Roughly halfway between. McDiarmid too small.

But nope Hampden with 13,000 folk hahahahahahahaha

22 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Furthermore, if the Old Firm game has had an influence on the ticket price - why? What has this semi final got to do with their game? I don’t get it.

The money from ticket sales are split four ways so all parties have to agree the prices, I think.  I could be wrong though.

5 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The money from ticket sales are split four ways so all parties have to agree the prices, I think.  I could be wrong though.

That’s correct. It’s actually an increase on last season’s semi prices when the other game was us against Hearts. Both clubs have seen the old firm sellout as a way of making a bit of extra cash at the expense of your own fans.

All of this was entirely predictable though, the kick off time for the BBC game has been the exact same every year for over 10 years now so this game was always going to be at 12:15 on the Saturday. 

Given the prices they’ve agreed to, the Falkirk and Caley Thistle boards should have been lobbying for the game to be played elsewhere to at least make it a better day out for the fans that go along. Even with it being at Hampden they shouldn’t be selling any North Stand tickets to keep the fans closer together. There’s going to be 3 pockets of fans in each end with massive gaps between them all which will make any decent atmosphere impossible 

7 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I've always said games like this should be played at Tynecastle but at those prices / times they'd be lucky to outsell that.

Tannadice would be a better shout. Roughly halfway between. McDiarmid too small.

But nope Hampden with 13,000 folk hahahahahahahaha

We have a section on sale in the South, East and North stand. Going to look daft with about 500 in each.

5 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

For all the tales of heartbreak after the 97,  09 or 15 cup finals, nothing comes close to the 4-3 defeat to Hibs in the semi.  That was a brutal brutal day.

The Hearts 3-1 semi defeat at Ibrox where Crunchie owned Gary Naismith was an absolute kick in the nads as well.

Inverness fans who want to get the train to this have the choice between:

- Leaving Inverness station at 5.36am for the only direct train to Glasgow and being in Glasgow over 3 hours before kickoff (probably the best option if you want breakfast and a couple of pints before kickoff, but very early start)

- Leaving at the slightly more leisurely 6.44am and having to rely on a change at Perth. Would get you to the ground an hour before kickoff.

- The 7.55am option doesn’t get you to the ground for kickoff.

Absolute mare of a kickoff time for non-drivers. 

It's times like these I'm glad to be a Caley fan in Edinburgh.

The update from the club about the date and prices mentions that there will be extra buses on to take fans down, they should try and expand that for fans who don't want to drive.  For the semi-finals we had when I was in Inverness we hired our own bus.

31 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

17 minutes ago, Hibee_Hibernian said:

Both clubs have seen the old firm sellout as a way of making a bit of extra cash at the expense of your own fans.

Shameful stuff if true. Absolutely sick of football clubs taking their fans for granted just so they can make a bit more coin off the back of the Old Firm. Just like when St. Johnstone charged £30 and gave Rangers 3 stands for our Scottish cup tie back in January. This stuff needs to stop. 

Having to agree a ticket price for both semis between all the clubs is a total nonsense as well. The clubs involved in each semi should be able to agree a price between the two of them and split the proceedings between all 4 clubs afterwards. The OF game should have absolutely nothing to do with the ICT Falkirk game. A ridiculous state of affairs. 

Just now, 18BAIRN76 said:

The same seat at Hampden is cheaper for Scotland v Spain than Falkirk v ICT:lol:

22 absolute jobbers trying and failing to control a simple pass for 90 minutes, and Falkirk v ICT.

Who decides the ticket prices? I know in earlier rounds its up to the two clubs to agree on a price.  Is the semi final decided by all 4 clubs coming to an agreement? 

If this has been the SFA who has decided, it looks like they have opted for the option of making as much money as they can from the Sunday game.  But basically holding two fingers up to Falkirk and Inverness fans in the process.  

The sensible pricing should be something like below:

£25, £15  for North & South

£20 £10 for East & West 

The truth is that both Caley and Falkirk are incentivised to maximise revenue from this.  The other semi will sell out at a high price so it makes sense financially to push the prices as high as possible.  For a game like this, the demand from Falkirk and Caley fans is going to be relatively inelastic.  If tickets were £20 would both clubs bring twice as many fans?  Probably not, so the financial way of looking at it is better to keep the prices high.

In terms of building our fanbase, looking long term, rewarding our current supporters after a poor season etc - very bad.  I am only talking about Caley here but I assume that roughly applies to Falkirk as well.