The Caley 🔵🔴 🦅 v Falkirk 🔵⚪️

4 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Who will play in what colours, hope we don’t wear our all red strip as I don’t like it. Hope we are in Navy Blue, what colour is Caleys away strip as I think we are the home side as we we’re drawn first.

Red and black. We have a pink 3rd strip so we may end up playing in that.

5 hours ago, Donathan said:

This is where I fall on it. I’d be going along with incredibly low expectations but simply couldn’t forgive myself if I stayed away and it turned out to be our year. I’m in my early 30s and have seen us beaten in three cup finals. I don’t remember much of the game in 97 but we were by far the better team in 2009 and were undone by a moment of individual magic.

2015 was completely unforgivable. Ten man Caley were dead on their feet and I’ve always believed that if we’d managed to hold out to the end of normal time, we’d have won 3-1 or 4-1 in extra time. I’ve rewatched James Vincent’s winner dozens of times since then and there was a series of about five individual mistakes that led to the winner. Kieran Duffie crosses the ball into a box where we were completely outnumbered despite no pressure to do so. David McCracken lets the ball bounce and then gets outmuscled. No one tracks the run of Vincent. Jamie McDonald parries the ball into his path rather than turning round the post for a corner. It was a completely freak goal that could have been prevented on a number of occasions and it’s haunted me ever since. 

making me feel sick at reading that!

21 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Will Falkirk wear their home kit as they are the home team?

also, if we win I’m going to celebrate by standing playing snake on my phone.

I’m going to just shrug my shoulders and trudge out of Hampden with my face tripping me like Celtic and Rangers fans do. 

14 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Isn’t last seasons away the third top for this season? The sort of white/blue and grey effort 

Yeah I think the pink strip had been retired. A shame as our win ratio in it must be pretty good. 

Just need to take a moment to contemplate the fact that we are genuinely, and it's not a dream, chatting casually about what it's going to he like to be in Scottish Cup final, mere months after watching a Leigh Griffiths waddling about spearheading a side of catastrophic shitebags who missed out on the League 1 playoffs by a significant margin. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Just need to take a moment to contemplate the fact that we are genuinely, and it's not a dream, chatting casually about what it's going to he like to be in Scottish Cup final, mere months after watching a Leigh Griffiths waddling about spearheading a side of catastrophic shitebags who missed out on the League 1 playoffs by a significant margin. 

It's absolutely mental when you think about it. McGlynn has turned us from a team who were on a trajectory to League 2 into one fighting for a cup final place and who would have a real chance of promotion within 7 months.

It's almost like employing an actual manager with a proven track record of managing gets you better results than appointing a series of absolute charlatans who show within a fortnight that they're not cut out for it.

9 minutes ago, Gaz said:

It's almost like employing an actual manager with a proven track record of managing gets you better results than appointing a series of absolute charlatans who show within a fortnight that they're not cut out for it.

I dunno, we are also 90 minutes away from a Scottish Cup final with a total charlatan in charge.