The Caley πŸ”΅πŸ”΄ πŸ¦… v Falkirk πŸ”΅βšͺ️

12 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It must be hell for you lot with you seeing at least 2 final defeats (3 for the more senior lads).Β  As fans of smaller clubs, it would be nice to go through life seeing your club win one.Β Β 

Controversial but the '97 one was the hardest one to take as at that time Rangers and Celtic were getting exponentially better than everyone else at that time.

I walked out of Ibrox that day thinking I'd genuinely never see Falkirk in another cup final let alone having a chance of winning one.

21 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I'm feeling, perhaps like most The Caley fans, fairly melancholy about the game.Β  I've seen us win it and that's the best we're ever going to do as we're never going to win the Premiership.Β  So if we lose I won't be too downhearted.Β  Likewise if we get through the final, which we would definitely lose.

It must be hell for you lot with you seeing at least 2 final defeats (3 for the more senior lads).Β  As fans of smaller clubs, it would be nice to go through life seeing your club win one.Β Β 

If you guys make it to the final, I for one would hope you go on and win the thing.Β 

The dream scenario for me is this.Β 

Falkirk beat ICT in a thrilling 4-3 encounter that is a joy to the eyeballs.Β 

Rangers beat Celtic. Don't care how, won't be watching, but this will be followed by a "Beale's first trophy" festival across newspapers, radio and TV. Clyde 1 and the Daily Ranger lauding the new golden age.Β 

Then, Falkirk go on and win the final by a single goal.Β 

We would enjoy a full summer of "How did we lose to a League One team?" seethe and angst.Β 

Β 

While most of us accepts beating Celtic is unlikely, they have the biggest bunch of self-entitled fans out there. In 2015 SF, there were treble winners scarves and shirts everywhere around their hoards..................making it even more satisfying when the 'diddy' team punted the out. Making the seethe more pleasing to a chorus of 'You can shove your fucking treble up your arse.......'

Β 

Regardless who either team plays, I'm sure there will be a full sectarian song book to enjoy in the June sunshine.

This about sums it up for me. If it was against one of the old firm in the semi final I would have a good day out on the pish with my mates not giving a f**k about the football. Playing them in a final it a totally different proposition.Β 

No matter the circumstances getting a 4, 5 or 6 goal doing in a cup final would be very embarrassing. The worst thing about it would be you’d still have to go just in the one in a million chance you actually won the thing.

E87F74BA-BCFF-44D6-A38F-CFC8D3737913.jpeg

2 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

While most of us accepts beating Celtic is unlikely, they have the biggest bunch of self-entitled fans out there. In 2015 SF, there were treble winners scarves and shirts everywhere around their hoards..................making it even more satisfying when the 'diddy' team punted the out. Making the seethe more pleasing to a chorus of 'You can shove your fucking treble up your arse.......'

Β 

Regardless who either team plays, I'm sure there will be a full sectarian song book to enjoy in the June sunshine.

The difference with 2015 is that is the best team we have ever had and, in my opinion, it wasn’t really a shock that we beat them.

6 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

This about sums it up for me. If it was against one of the old firm in the semi final I would have a good day out on the pish with my mates not giving a f**k about the football. Playing them in a final it a totally different proposition.Β 

No matter the circumstances getting a 4, 5 or 6 goal doing in a cup final would be very embarrassing. The worst thing about it would be you’d still have to go just in the one in a million chance you actually won the thing.

E87F74BA-BCFF-44D6-A38F-CFC8D3737913.jpeg

I disagree, I love nothing more than reminding they c***s that us diddies are simply just better people and get more fulfillment out of the football than they ever will.

I've got a pal who has seen x amount of Hampden final wins as a Celtic fan and he turns up at work the next again day/Monday as if it was just another weekend. If we win the cup I'll be a write off for weeks on end. It will one of the highlights of my life. They'll never get that buzz. Granted I might not either as it stands but I'd always have that dream.

14 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Β 

I've got a Hibby mate who missed the 2016 final.

Before it, I was ripping the pish as he had signed up for the same hillwalking weekend as me.
He came up with a load of contradictory excuses, including:
"I swore I would never go to a Rangers game again"
"I didn't know the date when I booked it"
"I hate Hampden"
"The heartache is easier to stand from a distance"
"I haven't done a Corbett for over a year"

Didn't have the heart to rip the pish again when the score came through.

8 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

I've got a Hibby mate who missed the 2016 final.

Before it, I was ripping the pish as he had signed up for the same hillwalking weekend as me.
He came up with a load of contradictory excuses, including:
"I swore I would never go to a Rangers game again"
"I didn't know the date when I booked it"
"I hate Hampden"
"The heartache is easier to stand from a distance"
"I haven't done a Corbett for over a year"

Didn't have the heart to rip the pish again when the score came through.

That would have hurt him as much as if they'd lost!

22 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

I disagree, I love nothing more than reminding they c***s that us diddies are simply just better people and get more fulfillment out of the football than they ever will.

I've got a pal who has seen x amount of Hampden final wins as a Celtic fan and he turns up at work the next again day/Monday as if it was just another weekend. If we win the cup I'll be a write off for weeks on end. It will one of the highlights of my life. They'll never get that buzz. Granted I might not either as it stands but I'd always have that dream.

Couldn't have said it better. Watched the League cup final with Celtic supporting family. They win and are more happy about beating Rangers than the cup. I'd have a full on breakdown if we won League cup/Scottish cup.

4 hours ago, Donathan said:

2015 was completely unforgivable. Ten man Caley were dead on their feet and I’ve always believed that if we’d managed to hold out to the end of normal time, we’d have won 3-1 or 4-1 in extra time. I’ve rewatched James Vincent’s winner dozens of times since then and there was a series of about five individual mistakes that led to the winner. Kieran Duffie crosses the ball into a box where we were completely outnumbered despite no pressure to do so. David McCracken lets the ball bounce and then gets outmuscled. No one tracks the run of Vincent. Jamie McDonald parries the ball into his path rather than turning round the post for a corner. It was a completely freak goal that could have been prevented on a number of occasions and it’s haunted me ever since.Β 

If it wasn’t for Tremarco’s unforced error with 15 mins left, we would probably have picked you off 3-0 on the break as you flung everything at it.
Both auntie/baws scenarios.

4 hours ago, Gaz said:

Hopefully the 300 or so fans Inverness end up taking aren't the same 300 who celebrated the winning goal in 2015 like they'd watched a mildly entertaining game of tiddlywinks.

Can’t speak for the other 299 but I was in the middle of unwrapping a sweetie at the time.
Anyway beating Celtic was our cup final.