The Caley πŸ”΅πŸ”΄ πŸ¦… v Falkirk πŸ”΅βšͺ️

20 minutes ago, lochnesscaley said:

No it's not. However we have beaten 2 prem teams to get here whilst Falkirk have not so think we are slight favourites? If we turn up that isΒ 

ICT should be definite favourites for this. League above and royally pumped two Premiership sides.

The question of teams turning up or not is irrelevant at this stage.

54 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

That would need sensible pricing and KO time. I'd be surprised if we got either never mind both

We will be Saturday lunchtime or evening on BBC with the OF on that other channel that won't want anything to do with Falkirk v Caley

4 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

From the game last night I thought Ayr were the better footballing wise, McGuires missed penalty and that world class save by Kinnear from McGuires header lost the game for them.

Falkirk won from a penalty and a Musanda deflection, having said that they are a young team and their massive enthusiasm carried the night, little midfield play from them as the ball seemed always punted to the wing for Kennedy who had an outstanding game and and one to watch, their support was magnificient which carried Falkirk throughout.

Donaldson? conceded a nasty yellow with a deliberate elbow into the boys head going for a high ball then he concedes the penalty.

On that I am contacting the SFA for a semi and a FINAL ticket.

Absolute pish from start to finish.

What a ridiculous post.

4 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

From the game last night I thought Ayr were the better footballing wise, McGuires missed penalty and that world class save by Kinnear from McGuires header lost the game for them.

Falkirk won from a penalty and a Musanda deflection, having said that they are a young team and their massive enthusiasm carried the night, little midfield play from them as the ball seemed always punted to the wing for Kennedy who had an outstanding game and and one to watch, their support was magnificient which carried Falkirk throughout.

Donaldson? conceded a nasty yellow with a deliberate elbow into the boys head going for a high ball then he concedes the penalty.

On that I am contacting the SFA for a semi and a FINAL ticket.

You must have been watching a different game to everybody else. Utter bollocksΒ 

16 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

I fail to see why taking money out the clubs’ pockets by playing it away from Hampden is a good thing.

Β 

Because 15k at Easter Road or Tynecastle is a far better experience for everybody than 15k at Hampden.

3 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Because 15k at Easter Road or Tynecastle is a far better experience for everybody than 15k at Hampden.

I’d much rather have my club’s future be in a better financial position than have a better atmosphere on the day. 100%.Β 

3 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

It also costs money that the clubs would rather have. The players would also prefer Hampden if you asked them, I’m sure of it.

It’s moot anyway as we all know the game will be at Hampden like every Scottish Cup semi-final since, what, the 80s? (When Hampden hasn’t been available for any other reason).

Β 

9 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I think our line up, if everyone is fit, would be pretty close to the starting XI against Killie

---------------Ridgers-------------

--Duffy----Deas-----Devine---Harper--

-----------Welsh----Allardice---------

----Henderson---Carson-----Shaw-----

----------------Mckay------------------

Β 

You could maybe swap Carson to right-back and incorporate Doran or Daniel Mckay and rejig the '3' but I thought Carson in midfield really worked for us and we should continue with that - he can drop back and solidify the middle, allow Welsh to push up etc which you don't really get if you play Shaw or Doran there.

Strong points of that line up are Billy Mckay, just a class striker and probably our overall best player.Β  Henderson and Shaw are also both coming into a game.Β  Weak points, for me, are the full backs - Harper has improved defensively in the last few games he's played there but question marks remain and I'm not sold on Duffy as a player in general, not just as a right back.

You've omitted Roddy MacGregor who has been sorely missed.

I thought he was just beginning to impose himself before falling to injury and now that he's back I would've thought that he'll add something that is generally beyond the enthusiastic Carson.

5 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Rumours that this game will be on the Sunday as there’s multiple road closures for the Kiltwalk and this will have a lower attendanceΒ 

I think the police may have the final word rather than the TV this time?Β