The Caley 🔵🔴 🦅 v Falkirk 🔵⚪️

From the game last night I thought Ayr were the better footballing wise, McGuires missed penalty and that world class save by Kinnear from McGuires header lost the game for them.

Falkirk won from a penalty and a Musanda deflection, having said that they are a young team and their massive enthusiasm carried the night, little midfield play from them as the ball seemed always punted to the wing for Kennedy who had an outstanding game and and one to watch, their support was magnificient which carried Falkirk throughout.

Donaldson? conceded a nasty yellow with a deliberate elbow into the boys head going for a high ball then he concedes the penalty.

On that I am contacting the SFA for a semi and a FINAL ticket.

5 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I hope Falkirk win (obviously). But even more than that I am just happy that we avoided an all-bigot final. 

Back to business - 2-1 Falkirk. All three goals dodgy OG's.

And instead we have one in the semi final which is most pleasing. Had we drawn Rangers I probably would have given the game a swerve because of a large part of their support being utter arseholes.

Edited by RiG

I turned the game last night on after 20 minutes but I thought Falkirk were the better team and deserved their win.  We will be favourites with the bookies because we're in a higher league but I think it's a 50-50 game really - is the gap between mid-table in the Championship and second in League One that big, I don't think so?

Can I kick off the Tynecastle chat?

Hampden is, of course, a shitehole with absolutely zero atmosphere - both these teams will sell their 50/50 allocation for the Final but (probably) not the Semi

Bigwigs would never go for it of course.

I'd even travel to Pittodrie.

I think our line up, if everyone is fit, would be pretty close to the starting XI against Killie

---------------Ridgers-------------

--Duffy----Deas-----Devine---Harper--

-----------Welsh----Allardice---------

----Henderson---Carson-----Shaw-----

----------------Mckay------------------

You could maybe swap Carson to right-back and incorporate Doran or Daniel Mckay and rejig the '3' but I thought Carson in midfield really worked for us and we should continue with that - he can drop back and solidify the middle, allow Welsh to push up etc which you don't really get if you play Shaw or Doran there.

Strong points of that line up are Billy Mckay, just a class striker and probably our overall best player.  Henderson and Shaw are also both coming into a game.  Weak points, for me, are the full backs - Harper has improved defensively in the last few games he's played there but question marks remain and I'm not sold on Duffy as a player in general, not just as a right back.

Just now, Ned Nederlander said:

Hampden is, of course, a shitehole with absolutely zero atmosphere - both these teams will sell their 50/50 allocation for the Final but (probably) not the Semi

Tynecastle would be tremendous but The SFA fully own Hampden now so will play as many games there as possible.

I like Hampden and the buzz of seeing us score there is always tremendous. This crowd is just going to look silly though.

1 minute ago, Ned Nederlander said:

I’d agree with Tynecastle or even Easter Road tbh. A fully packed out Tynecastle is levels above a half empty Hampden. 

That being said, playing it away from Hampden will upset the traditionalists imo 

I’d love it to be played at Tynecastle but it might not be available and even if it was no chance the SFA are paying Hearts, or any other team, to rent out the stadium when they have their own one to use.

I'd prefer this game to be at Tynecastle or Easter Road as the atmosphere in a full stadium will be far better than in a 3/4 empty Hampden. The atmosphere in the 2009 semi v Dunfermline was sh*te as both sets of fans were too far apart. 

But we know that the SFA and common sense/good of the game will go out the window. 

52 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I’d agree with Tynecastle or even Easter Road tbh. A fully packed out Tynecastle is levels above a half empty Hampden. 

That being said, playing it away from Hampden will upset the traditionalists imo 

As a over the top traditionalist I think Hampden should be for finals only.  Let the Bigots draw lots for home advantage in their vilefest.

Our semi-finals have had the following crowds

2003 v Dundee  14,000

2004 v Dunfermline 13,000

2015 v Celtic 28,000

2019 v v Hearts 21,000

Falkirk semi-final crowds in the same time period

2009 - v Dunfermline 17,000

2013 v Hibs 22,000

2015 v Hibs 21,000

Edited by ICTChris

Game is screaming out for Tynecastle, Easter Rd or Pittodrie. 

As everyone in charge at the SFA is a moron however who is incapable of a/thinking remotely 'outside of the box', or b/ contemplating anything that doesn't benefit the uglies, you are stuck with the cavernous non-atmospheric 'Showpeeeeess Semi Final' in Glasgow.

Anyone old enough to remember the feeling of the semis in the 'old days'...the 70's, and 80's and 90's, which took place in neutral grounds? Great atmospheres, great occasions. 

Fucking bore-fests now.  

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I turned the game last night on after 20 minutes but I thought Falkirk were the better team and deserved their win.  We will be favourites with the bookies because we're in a higher league but I think it's a 50-50 game really - is the gap between mid-table in the Championship and second in League One that big, I don't think so?

No it's not. However we have beaten 2 prem teams to get here whilst Falkirk have not so think we are slight favourites? If we turn up that is 

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

From the game last night I thought Ayr were the better footballing wise, McGuires missed penalty and that world class save by Kinnear from McGuires header lost the game for them.

Falkirk won from a penalty and a Musanda deflection, having said that they are a young team and their massive enthusiasm carried the night, little midfield play from them as the ball seemed always punted to the wing for Kennedy who had an outstanding game and and one to watch, their support was magnificient which carried Falkirk throughout.

Donaldson? conceded a nasty yellow with a deliberate elbow into the boys head going for a high ball then he concedes the penalty.

On that I am contacting the SFA for a semi and a FINAL ticket.

Stopped reading after this complete slavers. They were route 1 hoofball on the rare occasions we granted them a kick.