The Caley 🔵🔴 🦅 v Falkirk 🔵⚪️

• Stephen Malkmus changed the title to The Caley 🔵🔴 🦅 v Falkirk 🔵⚪️
5 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Whenever there's an Old Firm semi final, it's basically always the Sunday game. So would expect Saturday 12.15pm kickoff.

Knowing cockwomble the game will be moved to 7.30am on a Tuesday in the middle of a scotrail strike!

5 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Stephen, incredible work as always. The emojis really draw the eye to the thread. 10/10.

Thankfully there was a significant period of time in which to start the thread. You see, the Falkirk fans' arses collapsed after seeing our name being pulled out of the hat, and they needed some time to gather themselves.

10 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

QP fans all privately raging

Getting reinstated is turning out to be this seasons 'hand of meekings'

Nothing private about it. Don't think I'll ever forgive the club officials responsible for this.

What makes it even worse is I now have to fucking support Falkirk in a game. 

2 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

As there won’t be an OF final now, expect the SFA to try and fleece the fans in the semifinals now. 

Do they have to charge the same amount at both ties? 

I don’t think they do have to be the same price.

If the SFA had any sense they’d stick these at £25 for the Main and North Stands and £20 for the East and West to try and get as many folk through the door as possible.

4 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I don’t think they do have to be the same price.

If the SFA had any sense they’d stick these at £25 for the Main and North Stands and £20 for the East and West to try and get as many folk through the door as possible.

‘If the SFA had any sense’ is an enormous leap of faith! 😂😂😂

9 hours ago, Dunfermline Don said:

As there won’t be an OF final now, expect the SFA to try and fleece the fans in the semifinals now. 

Do they have to charge the same amount at both ties? 

Where are folk getting this idea that they want an OF final? they absolutely DO NOT. they could quite easily keep them apart and they'd both be expected to pump Inverness and Falkirk respectively. they haven't played a Scottish cup final for some 20 year. they always draw them in the semi's

The authorities hate the prospect of them playing each other on a Saturday, the league cup doesn't matter as that can be a Sunday but not the Scottish. It's KO can't be moved.  I don't think they're even overly concerned about bother at the game itself. but they don't want folk across central Scotland and NI to be going out on a Saturday night , having BBQ's in the gardens etc etc full of drink and one side starts singing banned songs and the other reacts out of bitterness.  They do everything they can to keep them at this Sunday lunch time KO that they've preferred for years now. 

32 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Absolutely buzzing after last night. 

Since we are the "bigger" team we will most likely get the North Stand as well so that will be a nice change. Unless they split it.

I can see us taking 8-10k which is probably a good 3-4k more than we'd take if it was one of the other 2.

Half of the south and a corner of the East or West would be plenty for us. We normally take around 2-3k to these semi finals. Maybe we will take more as it will be seen as the most winnable semi final we’ve been in.

The lack of public transport/private hire options and the earlyish start will always lower the amount of folk that make the journey.