The Caley 🔵🔴 🦅 v Falkirk 🔵⚪️

1 hour ago, The Golden God said:

Why shouldn’t the prices be the same? All 4 teams have earned their place in the semis. Guarantee that if Falkirk v Caley was cheaper everyone would be up in arms saying how the SFA think the Old Firm is better than the other fixture. 

I kinda agree with this tbh. I think the prices are too high for any fan whoever they support 

It’s not unfair for the pricing to be the same, but it’s yet another example of two teams who find themselves in this position every year completely distorting the market price and the match going Diddy fan gets shat on. 

I get that it’s too expensive for OF fans too but that is at least supply and demand and the price being paid for being a magnet for the braindead across the country. 

Nurse! The screens.

It's a Cup Semi. It isnae gonnae be as cheap as a league game. Though you fear what they'll charge for ICT/Falkirk supporters to go and watch their team (probably) get bulldozed by half of Scotland's Shame in the final.

5 hours ago, Ryan-FFC said:

Not seen Caley this season. What can we expect to be up against style wise? What have you made of your season so far? 

Only seen them against Killie where they looked very impressive, quite a neat side. Knocking out 2 prem sides shows their quality. Of course they lost to QP initially so I'm sure McGlynn will be watching that game multiple times to try and pinpoint weak spots.

Against Killie we were excellent and responded well to going a goal down. I wasn't at Livi and didn't see anything of the game save for the short highlights but we looked like we were in decent control of the game and a threat on the counter. Whilst these two performances were excellent in between them there were some toothless showings against Hamilton, a disjointed effort at Dundee and a good second half performance against Ayr. Seems, even with most players back, we are a real Jekyll and Hyde team.

7 minutes ago, RiG said:

Against Killie we were excellent and responded well to going a goal down. I wasn't at Livi and didn't see anything of the game save for the short highlights but we looked like we were in decent control of the game and a threat on the counter. Whilst these two performances were excellent in between them there were some toothless showings against Hamilton, a disjointed effort at Dundee and a good second half performance against Ayr. Seems, even with most players back, we are a real Jekyll and Hyde team.

I've said it before but I felt we played really well against Killie but they were poor for 80 minutes and handed us the game. Livi though played to a premier level but we controlled that game, our passing was excellent and we were by far the better team, and that after a season of mediocrity and winless runs, was a big bonus the impetus? who knows but I think we all got a surprise.

6 hours ago, Ryan-FFC said:

Not seen Caley this season. What can we expect to be up against style wise? What have you made of your season so far? 

We have a good starting 11, when everyone is fit, and also able to make a couple of changes off the bench. Good enough to be challenging for the title. The problem is the manager, in my opinion.

In big games he does seem to be able to get the team to perform well in fairness. The two cup games this season and the playoff games last year. Apart from the first 45 mins against St Johnstone in the first leg where he made a massive tactical error and they the second 45 in the second leg where we were picked off as we just flooded men forward.

We don’t really have a style of play to speak of. We can keep the ball down on the ground and play decent passing stuff but also lump the ball forward aimlessly.

The Livi game was an excellent performance - we defended well and played intelligently going forward.  Nathan Shaw, a bit of a hot and cold player, had a great game in the '10' role and in the second half we scored some fantastic goals on the break.  I was at that game and it was a really satisfying performance, we were well set out tactically, individually we worked hard and did our jobs and we had real quality when it mattered.

I watched the Kilie game on TV in the pub and it was a different sort of game - we really took the initiative, espeically after getting put behind in the first minute or so and dominanted possession and the game.  We tweaked the side with Carson joining Welsh and Allardice in the middle.  I thougth Welsh was excellent against Killie, he seemed to get a bit more freedom to move about and had some great touches, scored a fine goal and hit the bar with a late run into the box - similar to his goal against Livi actually.  Aside from the poor marking at the goal (cold start maybe) we defended pretty well.  I think the trio of Ridgers, Devine and Deas are a good solid base.  Full backs, we don't really have settled players there - right back goes between Duffy and Carson, left back Delaney and Harper, haven't really had anyone established there.  Duffy was good against Killie but has had a few howlers (falling over to let Muirhead in for goal v Morton), same with Delaney.  Harper had a run in midfield but is back to left-back and looks improved but I'd say both are question marks.  Carson playing in the middle made a real change against Killie, I'd expect to see him there more.

Our key player though is Billy Mckay - he's usually up front on his own, he works hard, knows what runs to make and is a class finisher.  The goals against Livingston show what he can still do and his whole game then was excellent, used the ball well, was selfless and tireless.  The danger of course though, is that we're reliant on him.  Really the only understudy is Austin Samuels, who has shown promise but is pretty raw and is coming back from an injury.

Who are Falkirk's best players?  Watching the quarter final I thought that Morrison and Kucherayvi both looked really good players.

How is Donaldson and Mckay doing for you as a centre back pairing?  For all the vitriol poured by our fans on Donaldson because he left us for County, he was an excellent player for us and I would assume he would be a solid centre half in League One.  Mckay was always a decent, willing player for us but allegedly was on a massive Premiership wage so was never really value for money.

6 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Who are Falkirk's best players?  Watching the quarter final I thought that Morrison and Kucherayvi both looked really good players.

How is Donaldson and Mckay doing for you as a centre back pairing?  For all the vitriol poured by our fans on Donaldson because he left us for County, he was an excellent player for us and I would assume he would be a solid centre half in League One.  Mckay was always a decent, willing player for us but allegedly was on a massive Premiership wage so was never really value for money.

Morrison definitely our standout. Most goals for us this season. Max has only played a couple of games but looks like a class player, really confident on the ball and can pick a pass.

McKay was genuinely awful last season, but this season he's a completely new player, came on leaps and bounds under McGlynn. Donaldson been great apart from the last 2 games really, probably top 2 centre backs in the league. Kennedy is great on his day, can easily beat his man.

Favourite player for me this season is Liam Henderson, been fantastic since moving to midfield and it coincided with our fantastic run in the league.

1 hour ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Morrison definitely our standout. Most goals for us this season. Max has only played a couple of games but looks like a class player, really confident on the ball and can pick a pass.

McKay was genuinely awful last season, but this season he's a completely new player, came on leaps and bounds under McGlynn. Donaldson been great apart from the last 2 games really, probably top 2 centre backs in the league. Kennedy is great on his day, can easily beat his man.

Favourite player for me this season is Liam Henderson, been fantastic since moving to midfield and it coincided with our fantastic run in the league.

All a fair summary. Another thing which has helped a lot is bringing in Blaine Rowe in January, has made a huge difference having an actual right back (as Ryan Williamson has been injured all season and we had no one else).

I wouldn't say we've got a real weakness in our side, opposition teams tend to target our left back McCann with high balls a lot - not sure why, although he's quite small is also pretty solid defensively. I suppose we don't have a lot of height generally but Ayr's players were all huge and we seemed to cope ok.

Under McGlynn we pretty much always play out from the back so we are susceptible to losing the ball from a high press. Hopefully the big pitch at Hampden will make that easier

We've knocked the 3 sides directly above Inverness out of the cups already this season but judging by their own cup results are very capable of raising their game.   

2 minutes ago, Donathan said:

I read a while back that VAR is only used in games involving premiership clubs but I assumed this won’t apply in the semis and final 

They only use VAR at grounds that have the technology installed and ready to use. That will have been only premiership teams playing at home until now, if the teams were willing to pay the costs towards it.

I imagine we won’t get the choice on paying to use it or not for the semi finals.