Dick's Arbroath v The Famous Greenock Morton, Friday 17/3/23

Hard one to take as we were miles ahead. You have to take your chances or things like that can happen.

Ali Crawford shows flashes of how good a player he can be but in truth he's not settled in since he arrived.

Gillespie was poor also and rightly subbed. 

Shwake has not been at his best a for a few games now not just tonight. That's the danger of going a full season with only one realistic choice of goal-keeper. Dougie is as honest as the day is long with his views on the game. He maybe was slightly over the top in his comments but he's totally right. 

We've had a poor end of the season but not out of the playoff's yet, albeit we probably need a couple of snookers now

20 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Your correct mate I’m very frustrated should’ve had that game buried with the chance we had but typical Morton never do and bites them in the arse 

Imagine supporting any other team except the 2 Glasgow clubs and coming out with the shite you did earlier on. Assumed you were maybe one of them with your earlier post. Rotten post.

35 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

The whole of Scottish football is crap bar Celtic and rangers who run the show and always will every team bar them is embarrassing to watch 

Fucking state of this.

8 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

Mate, Ali Crawford was your best player. Maybe not as a penalty taker. 

Not for me. Skited too many chances and that penalty was woeful. He ran and got stuck in enough but hasn't lived up to expectations so far.

Muirhead was running all over and tracked back alot but Grimshaw was takes it for me. Gillespie played well from his return from injury but not quite there yet. 

4 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Imagine supporting any other team except the 2 Glasgow clubs and coming out with the shite you did earlier on. Assumed you were maybe one of them with your earlier post. Rotten post.

I’m just angry mate clam yer jets 

22 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Schwake, Blues, and A Crawford cost us the win tonight. End of.

Set-up and performance overall were excellent.

If you’re bleating about Imrie or - f**k me - McGrattan, you maybe shouldn’t be watching football.

Fair point ... if we completely ignore the fact that Dougie chose to go with Schwake for the season, Dougie didn't sign real back up, Dougie has persisted with Blues all year who's proven over 100 games that he's not actually any good, and Dougie has completely changed the teams shape and style to accommodate Ali Crawford (and Calvin Miller but I'll stick with the players you specifically think cost us).

Apart from that though...

Well that was a real delight to steal a point.  Was almost getting greedy for all 3 points after our equaliser but we didn’t create much all evening.  A poor performance from Arbroath, disjointed as it had been much of the season …and yet we hung in there and so it’s four unbeaten.  Morton must be kicking themselves they never converted about 3 goldplated chances.  You also have to factor in a goalkeeping error so most unfair to lay it on the keeper.  I can’t recall Gaston saving a penalty so great time to do it.  Real drama to compensate for dire football (at least from the home side).  Pitch didn’t look great but it’s that time of year just before the first real growth.  Don’t know why our home form has been so abysmal this season but there is some spirit and resilience.

Edited by farflung lichtie