Auchinleck v East Kilbride South cup

1 hour ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I think you should seriously consider your wording carefully. The panel normally contains a lawyer and 2 independent people and to call them corrupt is out of order and could have ramifications for you and potentially this site.

That's a clamping. 

2 hours ago, beaver watch said:

Does anybody know how long it takes to get to Motherwell?

About an hour I’d say from Auchinleck. Though only 10 mins from mine so it’s a win/win. Talbot reinstated and practically a home game 

The reality is that the suspension and eligible player system needs to be updated and a proper software system invested in by the SFA . All centered around the player ID and a register of every competition they have played in that season .

May be expensive but needed. 

Another point I don’t get is the South Challenge cup officials decided that Talbot after presenting their case were thrown out . If the evidence was they checked with the official the only explanation was they didn’t admit their mistake ?

Edited by Firepit

The only real interest I have is that our game with Talbot - scheduled for 15th April is not superseded by a Cup semi-final. All of our "big" league games this season have been midweek so far. Pollok, Beith tonight ( although that was due to Scotland game tomorrow ), Talbot away next Weds, Darvel at home the following week. All of these are harder to get hospitality for due to being school nights ... Trying to run hospitality and match sponsorship when games are changed at the drop of a hat are a complete pain in the arse. 

Also - this must be a big boost for Beith with Talbot having potentially another 2 or 3 games added to a season where they're still in the West and have 14 league games left - and we're at 24th March. This just underlines the stupidity of there being the Junior Cup to try to fit in to the fixture lists - esp of successful teams. 

11 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

The only real interest I have is that our game with Talbot - scheduled for 15th April is not superseded by a Cup semi-final. All of our "big" league games this season have been midweek so far. Pollok, Beith tonight ( although that was due to Scotland game tomorrow ), Talbot away next Weds, Darvel at home the following week. All of these are harder to get hospitality for due to being school nights ... Trying to run hospitality and match sponsorship when games are changed at the drop of a hat are a complete pain in the arse. 

Also - this must be a big boost for Beith with Talbot having potentially another 2 or 3 games added to a season where they're still in the West and have 14 league games left - and we're at 24th March. This just underlines the stupidity of there being the Junior Cup to try to fit in to the fixture lists - esp of successful teams. 

Talbot fans love the Junior Cup but it is daft giving it Saturday fixtures. Has been the ruination of the fixture list this year as the weather has been reasonably kind. Needs to be a rethink.

1 minute ago, jimbaxters said:

Talbot fans love the Junior Cup but it is daft giving it Saturday fixtures. Has been the ruination of the fixture list this year as the weather has been reasonably kind. Needs to be a rethink.

They have to as not everyone has floodlights. It's an anachronism. For teams that are in the Scottish Cup and have to play in the SSCC and West Cup its a cup too far. It's a tournament that needs to either take over the SSCC as a national non-league with it being regionalised up to QF or something - or its for Tier 7 and below.  If you get promoted to LL then you'll need to stop playing in it anyway as the LL fixture guy wont be giving you Saturdays off to play in Junior Cup. Time to make change now. I'm convinced it fucked up Talbot chances last year ( that and SSCC ) and it's certainly some factor in you having so many o/s games now

1 minute ago, BANKIEBILL said:

They have to as not everyone has floodlights. It's an anachronism. For teams that are in the Scottish Cup and have to play in the SSCC and West Cup its a cup too far. It's a tournament that needs to either take over the SSCC as a national non-league with it being regionalised up to QF or something - or its for Tier 7 and below.  If you get promoted to LL then you'll need to stop playing in it anyway as the LL fixture guy wont be giving you Saturdays off to play in Junior Cup. Time to make change now. I'm convinced it fucked up Talbot chances last year ( that and SSCC ) and it's certainly some factor in you having so many o/s games now

At least use the clubs who do have grounds with lights as midweek fixtures when they are drawn at home, rather than having a blanket Saturday SJC fixture list. That should ease it somewhat.

On 13/03/2023 at 12:38, andy25 said:

But if you break the rules you deserve to be booted out.

You can complain about it all day but Talbot made an arse of it and deserve to be thrown out. 

Think someone should check on the Talbot hater. He may have choked on his cornflakes this morning.

41 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

he only real interest I have is that our game with Talbot - scheduled for 15th April is not superseded by a Cup semi-final.

There's no longer a set date for the SCC semis as everything was moved back one date due to the Queen's death. Talbot have a free Saturday on 29th April, but that is the WOS Cup final date if they beat Kilwinning. If they don't win that game but beat Caley Braves, they could play the SCC semi on the 29th - but not if Spartans also win the league and progress as they'll be in the pyramid play-off! :) And Kennie still has three unscheduled league games to fit in...

32 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

The Junior Cup doesn't help however the EOS similarly has an additional cup to factor in. But the ruination of the fixture list has been the lack of midweek games in the early part of the season. By the end of September Auchinleck had played 7 games (4 league, 1 Junior Cup, 2 Scottish Cup) whereas in the EOS the likes of Linlithgow had played 11 (8 league, 1 Qualifying Cup, 2 Scottish Cup).

2 hours ago, Whappit Nut said:

Think someone should check on the Talbot hater. He may have choked on his cornflakes this morning.

I'm fine Jock thanks for the concern 🙂.

I'll hold my hands up I got it wrong.

Talbot hater? Not me I just give my opinion like it or loathe it.

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

What hasn't helped is waiting for 6 months to rearrange matches that were postponed for Scottish Cup and Junior Cup ties away back in August/September etc. Imo postponed games should be played ASAP, especially when it was already obvious then that Talbot and others were falling way behind with their league games.