QP v Inverness

Is the 17:07 train back to Edinburgh doable walking back to Larbert from the stadium? Google suggests a 15 minute walk so with injury time I might be a little fine for time.

5 hours ago, The Mantis said:

The highlight of my day will undoubtably be the Station Hotel where I hope to get anaesthetised so that I can't remember the inevitable rogering. Hampden is shite for getting a drink so just stay at Ochilview.

I expect to see your name on the Board of Directors at QP in the next two weeks. Solid plan for next season.

A lot depends on tonight’s Scottish Cup draw. If by some miracle Rangers and Celtic are kept apart, the Dodds chap might decide to practise the ten-men-behind-the-ball-tactic. Thankfully Cove have already warmed us up for that. It’ll be tight but a win for QP is most probable. 

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

10 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Queens fans getting ideas way beyond their station in football so it's time to give QP a good no lube rogering.

4 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

It’ll be tight but a win for QP is most probable. 

We're not even at the back end of the working week yet, far less entering the weekend but here we are with top quality analysis on the game.

5 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

A lot depends on tonight’s Scottish Cup draw. If by some miracle Rangers and Celtic are kept apart, the Dodds chap might decide to practise the ten-men-behind-the-ball-tactic. Thankfully Cove have already warmed us up for that. It’ll be tight but a win for QP is most probable. 

A that miracle just happened. Even the most robust of QP fans must be fucking raging now at their clubs incompetence.

6 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Can we pop into your daft wee ground for a pre semi final sesh next month?

You'll need to make sure you stop by and get the name of the QP staff member in charge of squad registration to make sure they get a medal after the final. It's the very least they deserve.

Could not be more irate about how things have transpired in the cup. 

In terms of Saturday, we can’t give Inverness the chances we gave Cove. Missed a one on one and hit the woodwork a couple of times. I hope Billy Dodds wouldn’t cry again about someone praising him, but a guy like Billy McKay is taking one of those chances. 

Healy for Henderson, for me. The wee man has earned a start for sure. Thought we looked a wee bit nervy at times the other night, which is perhaps understandable. Just got to go and play the game and try and block out the magnitude of the prize. Our second half against Inverness at Ochilview felt like a real key moment in our season, so hopefully we can have a similar performance.

38 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Do not think I'm rubbing salt into the wound but you're away to Morton on the 29th Apr so if we get that date, (or the Sunday), how would it be for pre paid reserved parking outside your ground?

Hampden can be a nightmare to get away from by car. There are nearer places but for large events I tend to use "Goals Glasgow Sth" on "Your Parking Space". Its probably a 20-25 min walk but means you avoid the traffic chaos around the stadium and considerably cheaper than some. 

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Do not think I'm rubbing salt into the wound but you're away to Morton on the 29th Apr so if we get that date, (or the Sunday), how would it be for pre paid reserved parking outside your ground?

A mate once got me a parking pass for one of the Scotland games, great before the game, shite for getting away. I usually park on the side streets up by Crosshill station and walk it. You can take a wee gander at Cathkin on the way past. There used to be some good spots up the Polmadie Road area but they’ve all been built on.

1 hour ago, The Mantis said:

A mate once got me a parking pass for one of the Scotland games, great before the game, shite for getting away. I usually park on the side streets up by Crosshill station and walk it. You can take a wee gander at Cathkin on the way past. There used to be some good spots up the Polmadie Road area but they’ve all been built on.

I've used Just Park in the past and it's worked out Ok, I used to use that Asda but I heard they got tough on matchdays, but I will take your advice on Crosshill, I'll also look at 'Your Parking Space', mention of Cathkin there by you, the dear old Cathkin Braes home to Third Lanark and Hampden originally and roon the corner from Ruglen where Clyde were based and probably wish they were still there.

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

We’ll tally up all the prize and gate money we’ve lost, divide it by a 100 (number of fans) and then double it.

22 hours ago, RiG said:

Is the 17:07 train back to Edinburgh doable walking back to Larbert from the stadium? Google suggests a 15 minute walk so with injury time I might be a little fine for time.

It is. Though am sure there are trains every half hour to Edinburgh.   

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

mention of Cathkin there by you, the dear old Cathkin Braes home to Third Lanark and Hampden originally and roon the corner from Ruglen where Clyde were based and probably wish they were still there.

Sorry to be pedantic, but Cathkin Park is a totally different thing to Cathkin Braes which are several miles away.

5 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

... the dear old Cathkin Braes home to Third Lanark and Hampden originally  ...

Sandy, the Cathkin Braes are up the hill from Hampden - past Castlemilk and towards East Kilbride. The original Hampden is across the road (and railway) from Cathkin. Queen's had to move when the railway was being built so built the new Hampden at what became Cathkin. The original Cathkin was down the hill from the current one. It was next to the old drill ground of the 3rd Lanarkshire Rifles (it was originally a regimental team) between what is now Dixon Road and Allison Street.

Here's a photo of the original Cathkin during a Scotland England match - not sure of the date.

Screenshot 2023-03-14 at 17.37.37.png

18 minutes ago, GM1867 said:

Sandy, the Cathkin Braes are up the hill from Hampden - past Castlemilk and towards East Kilbride. The original Hampden is across the road (and railway) from Cathkin. Queen's had to move when the railway was being built so built the new Hampden at what became Cathkin. The original Cathkin was down the hill from the current one. It was next to the old drill ground of the 3rd Lanarkshire Rifles (it was originally a regimental team) between what is now Dixon Road and Allison Street.

Here's a photo of the original Cathkin during a Scotland England match - not sure of the date.

Screenshot 2023-03-14 at 17.37.37.png

It's the Glasgow Merchants' Charity Cup Final between Celtic and Rangers at first Cathkin in May 1895. 4-0 for Celtic who were playing in black shorts and white shirts with green vertical stripes.