QP v Inverness

1 hour ago, approximately dave said:

It is rivaled and unfortunately most of it occured before the official Scottish Leagues were formed, you weren't even admitted when they were formed.

Queen's Park once admitted to the Scottish League spent much of the early years say pre WW1 and then onto before the 2nd WW in and around the bottom of the top flight and or being a yoyo club. So many times finishing in the bottom three or four.

It's a myth to claim your club was ever one of the big boys of Scottish Football.

QP refused to join at first but later changed its mind because of a lack of competitive matches.

1 hour ago, approximately dave said:

It is rivaled and unfortunately most of it occured before the official Scottish Leagues were formed, you weren't even admitted when they were formed.

Queen's Park once admitted to the Scottish League spent much of the early years say pre WW1 and then onto before the 2nd WW in and around the bottom of the top flight and or being a yoyo club. So many times finishing in the bottom three or four.

It's a myth to claim your club was ever one of the big boys of Scottish Football.

Now, let me tell you about the time Buffalo Bill played for QP  at the Butterbiggins drill hall...

2 hours ago, approximately dave said:

It is rivaled 

Even as a wind up, that's poor. We were inventing the game, as acknowledged by the giants of Spain and South America, and winning cups when you lads were still running about in animal skins and sending children up chimneys.

2 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

Now, let me tell you about the time Buffalo Bill played for QP  at the Butterbiggins drill hall...

The Third Lanark Rifle Volunteers drill hall was in Coplaw Street. Honestly, GM1867 went to all the trouble of posting a map and Sandy Cromarty went to the trouble of learning everything. There was a drill hall in Butterbiggins Road belonging to the First Lanarkshire Volunteer Artillery and later the territorials. It was demolished in 2021. Ask Sandy, he kens the score as they say up there.

I'm sticking with my 1-1 prediction as my glass is always half empty.

9 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Blame Me???? I mix up the Cathkins

And then there follows a plethora/tsunami of corrections and weird explanations, Buffalo Bill ffs.

A detailed map showing the Boer War veterans drill hall.

An explanation of the sites of the Buffalo Bill shows in Inverness, The Drill Ground on Dixon Road  and Ibrox.

The 1891 Glasgow Cup held at the East Ends Industrial Exhibition Hall in Denniston.

The headquarters of the 3rd Lanarkshire Volunteer Rifles in Coplaw Street.

It's the Glasgow Merchants' Charity Cup Final between Celtic and Rangers at first Cathkin in May 1895

Dixons Ironworks football park. 

Aye blame me for all that nonsense and time putting it together.

Dearie me Spiders you need to get yer heeds out of yer arses and stop living in the past.

Memories don't fill trophy Cabinets

Exactly. Thanks for that. You're a hero.

9 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Absolutely no abuse on my part with my post, all I did was highlight how spider fans seem obsessed with their ancient, (footballing wise), history it's almost like a defence mechanism in describing the shorts and shirts of  a game that was played well over a 173 years ago, that was exemplified by the immediate and extensive posts to my singular Cathkin mistake, ott I thought was an understatement, Buffilo Bill shows and ancient Victorion army drill halls for god sake.

This weeks game I think will be a tough one for us and tbh I would be happy with a 1-1 away as you suggest, we've enjoyed two great SC results but I believe in ' A shitecart follows The Lord Mayors show'.

Sandy, I like your input (not just on this thread) and banter that does not involve abuse is more than welcome on this forum. I apologise if my "blame Sandy" remark was misinterpreted. It was meant in good faith knowing that your input is generally good natured - unlike some posters on other threads.

2 all draw on Saturday (although I really hope we win).

As a Glasgow-based Caley fan, it’s typical that this fixture is the weekend I’m up in the Sneck. Hope and pray that it is absolutely nothing like our last game at Ochilview.

I was about to type that last time at Ochilview was the low-point of our season but then I remembered Morton and Partick away. Spoiled for choice really!

I'm delighted the game is at Ochilview. By my count I've got 7 grounds left to visit in the SPFL and Ochilview is one of them. Good to get another one ticked off the list.

17 hours ago, GM1867 said:

Sandy, I like your input (not just on this thread) and banter that does not involve abuse is more than welcome on this forum. I apologise if my "blame Sandy" remark was misinterpreted. It was meant in good faith knowing that your input is generally good natured - unlike some posters on other threads.

2 all draw on Saturday (although I really hope we win).

Thanks, I enjoy the banter and I've been on the forum for around one hundred and eleventeen years and seen it all, teuchterish in my outlook and proud of it even though I have connections in all parts.

Where abuse is always due is with Dumbdee fans who have champagne ideas and lemonade pockets and are still stuck in the 1960's with a stadium that belongs in the 1860's, sadly with them being a yo yo team we have only been able to have a go every second season in the Championship.

I take heart that they have all been on some manners type course as they all end their posts with a Thank You.

Edited by SandyCromarty

38 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Thanks, I enjoy the banter and I've been on the forum for around one hundred and eleventeen years and seen it all, teuchterish in my outlook and proud of it even though I have connections in all parts.

Where abuse is always due is with Dumbdee fans who have champagne ideas and lemonade pockets and are still stuck in the sixties with a stadium that belongs in the 1860's, sadly with them being a yo yo team we have only been able to have a go every second season in the Championship.

I take heart that they have all been on some manners type course as they all end their posts with a Thank You.

Thank You

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed our wee odyssey around Govanhill this week, not something I ever thought I’d say. Sandy Cromarty, you’ve nothing to be defensive of. Your minor confusion stirred one of the best blethers of the season. Might be a while before these two teams meet again so better to remember this than the pish from a couple of other teams in the forum.

Enjoy your visit to Lesser Ochilview. Nowhere near Cathkin.

9 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed our wee odyssey around Govanhill this week, not something I ever thought I’d say. Sandy Cromarty, you’ve nothing to be defensive of. Your minor confusion stirred one of the best blethers of the season. Might be a while before these two teams meet again so better to remember this than the pish from a couple of other teams in the forum.

Enjoy your visit to Lesser Ochilview. Nowhere near Cathkin.

Och, I don't know.

Although I can't see published dates, the playoffs are just around the corner.

On 15/03/2023 at 18:13, Hampden Diehard said:

When you lads were still running about in animal skins and sending children up chimneys.

I wasn't aware they'd stopped this. Must be near time for Dion and the Belmonts to blow their minds.

On 16/03/2023 at 09:03, RiG said:

I'm delighted the game is at Ochilview. By my count I've got 7 grounds left to visit in the SPFL and Ochilview is one of them. Good to get another one ticked off the list.

I first went to Ochilview 27 years ago - you can see me jumping onto the pitch after the goal in this video.

33 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I first went to Ochilview 27 years ago - you can see me jumping onto the pitch after the goal in this video.

Stewards were a bit more mellow back then. Hope your club directors were too. We had a similar experience a few years back, last minute winner in a Scottish cup tie away from home and a few lads fell over the wall. You’d have thought they had burned the place down such was the reaction from our blazers.

Enjoy your day!

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

My first was actually Stenny 1 Caledonian 4 in 1992. A second half comeback with goals from Hercher, Urquhart, Christie and Polworth after Danny MacDonald had been carried off in the first half, upsetting our plans. Beat Clyde 3-1 and then lost to St Johnstone after a replay. Fantastic memories.
You can see from those highlights that it’s all change with the end terrace being covered and the stand demolished and shifted across to the other side. You can also see Eamonn Bannon playing for Stenny. Is that wee Hitler in the red jacket still working there? Just about the worst steward anywhere.

E11B8865-0EF4-4C82-9D32-4A0A7E96AB6C.thumb.jpeg.426e3a619b16b1cdf5f68f0a9445da1e.jpeg 

Edited by The Mantis