QP v Inverness

8 cup finals to go but this game particularly seems vital to pick up maximum points with thistle at home to Dundee. We can worry all we can about other teams but if we do our talking on the pitch, everything else will take care of itself. 

Under no illusions that this will be a tougher game than I anticipated a few weeks back. Despite our cup fiasco, Inverness have been pretty incredible in the cup since taking our place and not only that, they’ve picked up very decent results away at Dundee and Ayr. Really hoping there’s a hangover type performance after the Kilmarnock result and they can happily gift us 3 crucial points 

Win our next 2 home games and I’m confident we’ll win the league 

18 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Inverness have been pretty incredible in the cup since taking our place and not only that, they’ve picked up very decent results away at Dundee and Ayr. Really hoping there’s a hangover type performance after the Kilmarnock result and they can happily gift us 3 crucial points 

It's perhaps a vagary of the software but it seems you've misspelled "we were hilariously thrown out for cheating".

4 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

We've played at Hampden twice this season ya clown.

Not in a big game you didnt you 'clown'

Note - Playing infront of 2 men and a dog watching against Hamilton or Montrose is NOT a big game fixture

Edited by bdu98196

7 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Not in a big game you didnt you 'clown'

Note - Playing infront of 2 men and a dog watching against Hamilton or Montrose is NOT a big game fixture

Are you a bit embarrassed that you're only still in the cup because of a registration error? You're in the semi.  Just enjoy that and stop being so aggressive. 

1 minute ago, spiders4ever said:

Are you a bit embarrassed that you're only still in the cup because of a registration error? You're in the semi. 

If anything it's your club and administration that should be embarrassed for depriving followers like yourself an opportunity in a national SF. Given where QP are just now its conceivable similar results would have transpired against the opposition. While as a club and fans its being spun that this is a blessing and allows full concentration on the league...........we all know that's just bullshit.

1 minute ago, spiders4ever said:

Are you a bit embarrassed that you're only still in the cup because of a registration error? You're in the semi.  Just enjoy that and stop being so aggressive. 

Having just read the Cove match thread, I detect that some Keeganitis is abound.

Leaving aside the mysterious disappearance of Max Ram, who showed some signs of promise and the continued absence of messrs Sutherland and Walsh, we have an abundance of riches.

For both sides, the significance of the available three points seems to be greater than the raw number alone and I think it is fair to suggest that such a decisive outcome is more significant in terms of a prospective and remarkable late season Caley achievement 

2 hours ago, sophia said:

It's perhaps a vagary of the software but it seems you've misspelled "we were hilariously thrown out for cheating".

Nah, we knew that you needed the money more than us so we won the game and then let you go through. You can thank us later. 

2 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

If anything it's your club and administration that should be embarrassed for depriving followers like yourself an opportunity in a national SF. Given where QP are just now its conceivable similar results would have transpired against the opposition. While as a club and fans its being spun that this is a blessing and allows full concentration on the league...........we all know that's just bullshit.

Not spun by me. I'm disappointed with the cockup but that's an internal matter.  It's nothing to do with ICT. Enjoy your time at Hampden.

2 hours ago, sophia said:

Having just read the Cove match thread, I detect that some Keeganitis is abound.

Leaving aside the mysterious disappearance of Max Ram, who showed some signs of promise and the continued absence of messrs Sutherland and Walsh, we have an abundance of riches.

For both sides, the significance of the available three points seems to be greater than the raw number alone and I think it is fair to suggest that such a decisive outcome is more significant in terms of a prospective and remarkable late season Caley achievement 

For us the game on Saturday is very important.  A win will increase our chances of a play-off place.

Biff! Bash! Oof! ICT fans getting their retaliation in early.

Best of luck to them in the semi but hopefully their improving team aren't up for it this weekend.  Do they see themselves as genuine play off contenders?

Friday's match v Cove was flat off and on the park but a Saturday match should be different. They're one of the teams we seem to be able to deal with and I'll go for a 2-0 win for your favourites.

I don't think we are play off contenders given our league form is so patchy but it's hard not to watch us dominating a top flight team and last seasons champions and thinking - what if we start playing like that consistently?

I thought that after we beat Livi though and we followed that up with two scuddings by Accies so I'm not holding out much hope.  Steer clear of the drop and win the Scottish cup, that's all I'm asking for, not too much is it?

ETA - We might have semi-stumbled onto something playing Carson in central/attacking midfield, gives us a lot more stability there.  I thought Harper looked better defensively against Killie and he seems to be doing better at left back.  Duffy also did alright at right back.

Edited by ICTChris

2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Do they see themselves as genuine play off contenders?

Absolutely not. I hope I am wrong but we are too far back now to make a significant late charge.

Edited by RiG

14 hours ago, qpfc said:

8 cup finals to go but this game particularly seems vital to pick up maximum points with thistle at home to Dundee. We can worry all we can about other teams but if we do our talking on the pitch, everything else will take care of itself. 

Under no illusions that this will be a tougher game than I anticipated a few weeks back. Despite our cup fiasco, Inverness have been pretty incredible in the cup since taking our place and not only that, they’ve picked up very decent results away at Dundee and Ayr. Really hoping there’s a hangover type performance after the Kilmarnock result and they can happily gift us 3 crucial points 

I listened to that Thistle - Morton game and even though PT had control they couldn't convert as it seemed that Graham and Tiffoney were missing in action, it seems that throughout the season PT have blown hot and cold.

Of our two cup games Kilmarnock were by far the easier to turn over but as I said elsewhere any opposition would have struggled against us, as with Livi we played positively and with confidence all over the park, might have been the win bonuses were better, who knows but we were back to where I like to see Caley play.

So as in the old cribbage saying, 'After the Lord Mayors show comes the shitecart', the game with you could be a lot different but if we play as we did in those cup games I would say a Caley win.

The highlight of my day will undoubtably be the Station Hotel where I hope to get anaesthetised so that I can't remember the inevitable rogering. Hampden is shite for getting a drink so just stay at Ochilview.

31 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

The highlight of my day will undoubtably be the Station Hotel where I hope to get anaesthetised so that I can't remember the inevitable rogering. Hampden is shite for getting a drink so just stay at Ochilview.

Fuckin spot on with that, and parking is a b*****d too, I've used Just Park in the past and that's worked out Ok so surprised this morning to get an e-mail from them reminding me to use them for the semi final.